BSNL Cheated ? download speed restricted on some file sharing sites

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
BSNL Cheated ? download speed restricted in file sharing sites

i have UL750 plan.

after increasing the speed of UL plans from 256 kbps to 512 kbps by BSNL,
While downloading files from rapidshare, hot file and other file sharing sites the download speed is restricted to 256 kbps. But browsing speed is upto 512 kbps.

is BSNL restricted the download speed of these file sharing sites purposefully.?

anybody have these problems?
pl share

sanju101

Right off the assembly line
r u using premium of rapidshare and hotfile ?? if not its those sites restricting the download speed and not bsnl ..

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am using the same offer and did not find any restriction on any file sharing site....rapidshare and depositfile give upto 60 KBPS

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I have BSNL UL 750 and RS premium account also. I feel no restriction whatsoever...maybe this is just due to high-volume traffic in your area... :)

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Oh..

after i contacted DE (Customer Care) they have told that SNR ratio might be poor in my place.

While i testing the actual speed using Netlimiter Pro , all downloads from other sites for example antivirus signature updates, corporate sites, microsoft sites, softpedia, etc are in full speed (55-63 KBps).

But only file sharing sites restricted accurately below 33 KBps.
If the reason was heavy traffic, there should be variation in speed.
But in my instance maximum speed has clearly restricted lessthan 256 kbps.

I assured something was done in the side of BSNL,Chennai.

Any chennaities have the same problem.?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I would just say this...if it was in their policy to block/restrict file sharing sites, it would have been implemented across nation BSNL being central govt enterprise....and BTW what sanju101 said, also makes sense...

I am out of here :)

Top Bottom