BSNL Broadband to offer minimum Internet Speed as '2Mbps'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

Lost in speed
So, this is why BSNL brought up the 2Mbps speed act for all BSNL users!
F*** you BSNL!!

1. After 1GB FUP, user will get this screen. They can either continue to use 2Mbps via the topups (Option 1) or frown in 512kbps as usual (Option 2).

*i.imgur.com/2b94vB1.png

2. So if you've decided to go with Option 1, unless you're a fool.

*i.imgur.com/wOi3nXu.png

3. So, if you're wise enough to aware of this scam and went with Option 2 - It will ask you to restart your modem and voila, back with 512kbps*it!

*i.imgur.com/Y4FeK0G.png

Remaining FUP on your plan can be checked with this link - *172.30.67.47/bsnlfup/usage.php

quicky008

Technomancer
^ i tried viewing my fup from the above link but got this message:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

i wonder wth is that supposed to mean!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
same here too

I have restarted my modem and chose to remain with 512kbs but still my speed is 2mb/ps. I dont trust BSNL. They are upto some tricks.

you are on a ULD plan. there is nothing going to happen at all!
Utilize max you can until it vanishes :D

quicky008

Technomancer
you are on a ULD plan. there is nothing going to happen at all!
Utilize max you can until it vanishes :D

i hope so too-it would be really unfair if they start charging their customers for the existence of increased speed even when the fup has been exceeded-why should the customers pay for something for which they are not responsible??

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i hope so too-it would be really unfair if they start charging their customers for the existence of increased speed even when the fup has been exceeded-why should the customers pay for something for which they are not responsible??

no need to worry for such things. that is not going to happen at all. Unlimited plans should/will be safe as the amount of data downloaded/uploaded wont be taken into consideration.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
the link for FUP top up is different for different circles so you have to save the link of the popup in your pc to be able to use it later,others links from different circle/region will not work.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
^^ yep.
i tried *172.30.35.40/bsnlfup/usage.php and it shows 'No Volume Metered Services Selected '

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^No i haven't shutdown my modem since yesterday-its been operating continuously for the last 30 hrs or so without any breaks in between-actually the thought of restarting my modem did cross my mind but i haven't done so as i'm afraid it might revert my d/l speed back to the miserably slow 512 kbps-i was actually thinking of keeping it running like this for as long as possible and seeing how things turn out.But do you think it might be a ploy being used by bsnl to charge more money from their customers than the usual amount?The increased speed is obviously resulting from a technical problem or glitch at their end and they shouldn't penalize their customers for that-its not their fault afterall.

I just checked their updated tariff page but there they haven't mentioned anything about chargeable units or pending amount for uld 545-they have only stated that speed will reduce to 512 kbps when 1 gb limit is exceeded:

*www.calcuttatelephones.com/BB/BB_LandlineBroadband_TariffPostpaidPlans.shtml

Also unlike what some other users have reported here,i didn't receive any popup messages asking me to top up my account for Rs 500 although my 1 gb quota was over a long time ago.Do you think it might be risky to go on like this and i should restart my modem just to be on the safe side?

Check selfcare portal. Anyway, this trick rather glitch works for some ie when you are getting high speed don't restart / power off your modem - the speed you are getting won't change

I have restarted my modem many times. Even power in our area went off due to thunderstorms. But even now it is going on with 2mb/ps speed. I am careful now. I have already seen the selfcare portal. There it is showing my old plan and no chargeable units. But I will wait four five days to see. I dont want to pay huge amt to BSNL.

- - - Updated - - -

i think you should better restart your modem

same here too

I have restarted my modem and chose to remain with 512kbs but still my speed is 2mb/ps. I dont trust BSNL. They are upto some tricks.

Now this is new ;) I remember lasttime when BSNL changed my plan from Home Combo 500 to Home CNT 500 or something like that without any intimation. on July of last year chargeable unit for night time [ 2 - 8 ] showed 0. But when I check back on 9th July I saw pending amount of 6.4k+. I was really shocked. BSNL did this to many which all fixed after 2 months. But from July - Sept. BSNL gave enough headache and no they don't refund your money. It will be with them and you will get discount on your subsequent bills.

My guess is your circle have not yet configured properly for this change but sooner or later they will for sure and they can back count the data you consumed. I'm not freaking you out it's just that I don't have too smooth exp. with BSNL from last year. Just be cautious and take screenshot of your selfcare portal unbilled usage details everyday.

Same for me. Also, no change in speed. It's still 512kbps

Lodge a complain to BSNL CC.

- - - Updated - - -

^^No i haven't shutdown my modem since yesterday-its been operating continuously for the last 30 hrs or so without any breaks in between-actually the thought of restarting my modem did cross my mind but i haven't done so as i'm afraid it might revert my d/l speed back to the miserably slow 512 kbps-i was actually thinking of keeping it running like this for as long as possible and seeing how things turn out.But do you think it might be a ploy being used by bsnl to charge more money from their customers than the usual amount?The increased speed is obviously resulting from a technical problem or glitch at their end and they shouldn't penalize their customers for that-its not their fault afterall.

I just checked their updated tariff page but there they haven't mentioned anything about chargeable units or pending amount for uld 545-they have only stated that speed will reduce to 512 kbps when 1 gb limit is exceeded:

*www.calcuttatelephones.com/BB/BB_LandlineBroadband_TariffPostpaidPlans.shtml

Also unlike what some other users have reported here,i didn't receive any popup messages asking me to top up my account for Rs 500 although my 1 gb quota was over a long time ago.Do you think it might be risky to go on like this and i should restart my modem just to be on the safe side?

Check selfcare portal. Anyway, this trick rather glitch works for some ie when you are getting high speed don't restart / power off your modem - the speed you are getting won't change

I have restarted my modem many times. Even power in our area went off due to thunderstorms. But even now it is going on with 2mb/ps speed. I am careful now. I have already seen the selfcare portal. There it is showing my old plan and no chargeable units. But I will wait four five days to see. I dont want to pay huge amt to BSNL.

- - - Updated - - -

i think you should better restart your modem

same here too

Now this is new ;) I remember lasttime when BSNL changed my plan from Home Combo 500 to Home CNT 500 or something like that without any intimation. on July of last year chargeable unit for night time [ 2 - 8 ] showed 0. But when I check back on 9th July I saw pending amount of 6.4k+. I was really shocked. BSNL did this to many which all fixed after 2 months. But from July - Sept. BSNL gave enough headache and no they don't refund your money. It will be with them and you will get discount on your subsequent bills.

My guess is your circle have not yet configured properly for this change but sooner or later they will for sure and they can back count the data you consumed. I'm not freaking you out it's just that I don't have too smooth exp. with BSNL from last year. Just be cautious and take screenshot of your selfcare portal unbilled usage details everyday.

Same for me. Also, no change in speed. It's still 512kbps

Lodge a complain to BSNL CC.

rickenjus

In the zone
Same here for me, I am still getting 2mbps, although earlier I was happy to for that, but now after reading these posts, I am afraid, I might end up getting heavy bill...

amjath

Human Spambot
for my ULD845, 6GB is cap and used more than that yesterday, but damn had to turn off modem because of rain

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

i restarted my modem several times now:lol:. BSNL even came with a page to do a top up or decline it to browse with a lower speed. i did not touch top up button, instead declined. it was throwing an error(code:1003) several times and after restarting the modem 3 times,i finally could decline the pesky offer from bull sh!@ . before declining i tried other sites. facebook and gmail was accessible but many other sites weren't as it redirect to a bsnl page to either do a top up or decline.
even now I am getting more than 512kbps but highly unstable internet! earlier 512kbpls flat plan was super smooth and stable.

it is different for different circle/locality. mine is *172.30.3.134:8080/ssssportal.war/fupTopUpHome.jsp

- - - Updated - - -

for my ULD845, 6GB is cap and used more than that yesterday, but damn had to turn off modem because of rain

your speed isnt decreased, right?

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Today I saw the selfcare portal and they have updated yesterdays downloads which have gone to 38 gb from 30 gb. Yesterday I downloaded 8 gb. My chargeable units are 0. Last time when they changed plans, my chargeable units were showing some amount. I dont think this time they will charge. If they dont configure it properly, they have to be blamed themselves. Now also the speed is 2 mb/ps

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I am still getting same speed. Good times even after post FUP...haha. I hope no body gets the air of it and it continues like this. This is how broadband should be for Rs 1077.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] [MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] - enjoy the increased speed then but don'rt forget to take screenshots of selfcare portal usage page regularly just to play things safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom