Shah

Cyborg Agent

Attachments

• 4711341848.png
    4711341848.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 85

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I am on 512 kbs plan i.e. R.545/- after i downloaded about 3gb of data, suddenly one window came and told me that i have exceeded my fup. if want to download more i can topup. For 20 gb Rs.500/-. i didnt top up. restarted the modem. But the still the speed is around 2mb/ps. What may be my bill next month?

quicky008

Technomancer
I am on 512 kbs plan i.e. R.545/- after i downloaded about 3gb of data, suddenly one window came and told me that i have exceeded my fup. if want to download more i can topup. For 20 gb Rs.500/-. i didnt top up. restarted the modem. But the still the speed is around 2mb/ps. What may be my bill next month?

I too am on home plan 545 and i have downloaded over 7 gb since yesterday but its still giving 2Mbps d/l speed-i dont understand whats really going on,i was under the impression that speeds would revert back to 512 kbps after exceeding the 1 gb limit but no such thing has happened so far-is it because of some glitch at bsnl's end?

Flash

Lost in speed
Are you on ULD545?

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Am on the same plan and it's unlimited. Why did you get the window asking to topup for extra bandwidth? Are you sure it's from BSNL and not from some ads?

From yesterday even the 545 plan has become ULD with FUP. For the first 1GB 2Mbps, 512kbps after that.

- - - Updated - - -

*bsnl.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_plans_less_speed.html

Flash

Lost in speed
From yesterday even the 545 plan has become ULD with FUP. For the first 1GB 2Mbps, 512kbps after that.

- - - Updated - - -

*bsnl.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_plans_less_speed.html
Even before, it was ULD. 512kbps flat.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Of couse I am sure it came from BSNL. Just to be curious i saw the price for top ups.
for 20 gb Rs.500/- I forgot to take screen shots of the same.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Even before, it was ULD. 512kbps flat.

In BSNL terms, UL is "Unlimited" and ULD is "Unlimited with Differential Speed"

- - - Updated - - -

Of couse I am sure it came from BSNL. Just to be curious i saw the price for top ups.
for 20 gb Rs.500/- I forgot to take screen shots of the same.

The price for 20GB has been ₹500 always. AFAIK, after you reach FUP, you can topup anytime

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I too am on home plan 545 and i have downloaded over 7 gb since yesterday but its still giving 2Mbps d/l speed-i dont understand whats really going on,i was under the impression that speeds would revert back to 512 kbps after exceeding the 1 gb limit but no such thing has happened so far-is it because of some glitch at bsnl's end?

did you restart / shutdown your modem in between ? See what happens after you reboot your router. One more thing is be very careful about BSNL. They changed plan last year without any intimation and later charged all downloaded units. So keep an eye on the portal for usage and pending amount / chargeable units. They introduce this to sell their top up plans like 20GB for 500 bucks more. So be very cautious.

quicky008

Technomancer
^^No i haven't shutdown my modem since yesterday-its been operating continuously for the last 30 hrs or so without any breaks in between-actually the thought of restarting my modem did cross my mind but i haven't done so as i'm afraid it might revert my d/l speed back to the miserably slow 512 kbps-i was actually thinking of keeping it running like this for as long as possible and seeing how things turn out.But do you think it might be a ploy being used by bsnl to charge more money from their customers than the usual amount?The increased speed is obviously resulting from a technical problem or glitch at their end and they shouldn't penalize their customers for that-its not their fault afterall.

I just checked their updated tariff page but there they haven't mentioned anything about chargeable units or pending amount for uld 545-they have only stated that speed will reduce to 512 kbps when 1 gb limit is exceeded:

*www.calcuttatelephones.com/BB/BB_LandlineBroadband_TariffPostpaidPlans.shtml

Also unlike what some other users have reported here,i didn't receive any popup messages asking me to top up my account for Rs 500 although my 1 gb quota was over a long time ago.Do you think it might be risky to go on like this and i should restart my modem just to be on the safe side?

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I have restarted my modem many times. Even power in our area went off due to thunderstorms. But even now it is going on with 2mb/ps speed. I am careful now. I have already seen the selfcare portal. There it is showing my old plan and no chargeable units. But I will wait four five days to see. I dont want to pay huge amt to BSNL.

- - - Updated - - -

i think you should better restart your modem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom