bsnl broadband/internet sugesstion

akash22

Journeyman
guys currently m using aircel pocket internet and my max data usage went upto 5.4gb and now i want choose a bsnl broadband connection. i liked these plans::
BBG Combo ULD 1000(2 Mbps upto 15 GB, 256 Kbps beyond 15 GB)
BBG Combo ULD 1350(4 Mbps upto 20 GB, 512 Kbps beyond 20 GB )
BB Home Combo ULD 900 (4Mbps upto 8 GB, 256 Kbps beyond 8 GB )
i wanted to know how is the speed performance if anyone using any of the above plans and is from kolkata. how much do you get at 2Mbps and 4Mbps connection?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
A 2 mbps connection means download speeds of approximately 200 kBps and 4 mbps means download speed of 400 kBps.

You will get that speed if you take the plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

sujoyp

Grand Master
but there is no actual use if u cant downlaod at that speed...to open a webpage a 512kbps connection is sufficient...but to view online videos and downloading one needs that kindof speed...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
guys currently m using aircel pocket internet and my max data usage went upto 5.4gb and now i want choose a bsnl broadband connection. i liked these plans::
i wanted to know how is the speed performance if anyone using any of the above plans and is from kolkata. how much do you get at 2Mbps and 4Mbps connection?

512kbps is much better than 256kbps after 8Gb. Get 512kbps unlimited if you don't mind a brief adrenaline shot of 4mbps for 8GBs.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
512kbps is much better than 256kbps after 8Gb. Get 512kbps unlimited if you don't mind a brief adrenaline shot of 4mbps for 8GBs.

OP has not only to pay Rs. 450 more but also gets lower speeds.

But he should got for the connection you mentioned if there are no budget constraints.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

that 4Mbps won't last long. 8Gb is paltry for a 4Mbps connection. will get used up before OP even have a chance to try something & then the 256kbps pathetic connection will get loose.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If OP wants it within 1k than 4 mbps upto 8 gb otherwise if he has ABSOLUTELY no budget constraint then-
BBG Combo ULD 1350(4 Mbps upto 20
GB, 512 Kbps beyond 20 GB )

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
thanks guys but i will mainly use it to download enormous data. but if u have any other internet option within1k thn kindly inform me. my first priority is speed atleast 2Mbps.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
thanks guys but i will mainly use it to download enormous data. but if u have any other internet option within1k thn kindly inform me. my first priority is speed atleast 2Mbps.
I reccomend this then...no other meaningful plan....no other ISP has a better plan...go for this-

sparx

TechFanatic
Get the 1350 imo 512 after the FUP limit is still a consolation

If you would have got the connection before 31.03.11 then you would have got first 15days free usage with 2mbps speed.

I am got my connection two days ago(my PC dint sleep since then). I am getting speeds of 300KBps more than 2mbps

oscar

Right off the assembly line
I am currently using ALICE DSL connection.It is running good.I use modem for my DSl connection.Now if i take BSNL connection then What will be the cost of 2Mbps connection?Either there will be need of land line phone or not.Tell me what type of configuration require for BSNL connection?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
256kbps is pathetic after using a 2Mbps speed.....dnt go for it

20GB will endup within 1week....& 512kBps is a broadband speed go for it

not recommnded..as per ur requirement...

if u wanna download more in less time than 4mbps is excellent

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
Thanks guys and one more question what about evdo speed wht about it's speed of 750 rs unlimited plan?
How much speed it gonna give ?has anyone tried out?

sparx

TechFanatic
BSNL offers 2mbps speed unlimited with no fup at Rs. 9000. Which is im practical. So best value for money is Rs. 750 unlimited

Top Bottom