Browser War - Take your pick

IMO, the best Browser is:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Re: firefox vs opera.

I just love Firefox, but sadly I'm forced to use IE. Anyways coming to why FX is better than Opera (IMO):

1. No browser, but for FX can replace the features that I enjoy along with a couple of extensions with FX. Extensions like SearchStatus, Adsense Notifier, etc.. can't be seen in other browsers.

2. I got used to the UI of FX. I use a Theme called Walnut and I'm using that since FX v.1 Preview!

3. As FX gets developed more and more features are incorporated without the need for extension like close tab, spell check, etc.. I think that FX will be the better browser than any other after some 2 years or so. Being open source, so many ppl are working on it.

The only problem with FX is the memory leak issue (and the associated taking-long-time-to-open and usage of less system resources) , I don't know why they're not fixing it.

S

shashank_digitreader

FireFox sucks. Opera rocks.
FireFox slow . Opera super fast.

whoopy_whale

Journeyman

For a long time I used Opera.Then I was fascinated by the Extension thingy and switched to FF.I installed/uninstalled many and finally it's pathetically slow...I then went for Maxthon,and now back to Opera !

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

This same topic is opened again and again under various pretenses in different parts of the forum. If some mod would be kind enough to merge this one with this topic in the 'Fight Club' and rename it to 'Browser wars' or something similar, it would definitely help reduce the clutter.

Browsers in according to my preference:
1. OmniWeb (Sorry! This one is Macintosh specific and the one I primarily use.)
2. Opera
3. Firefox
4. Safari
5. Others
6. Internet Explorer

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

I am a IE/Maxthon user , I tried both FF and opera . Opera was better suited to my needs . but wth i am back my beloved Maxthon. :D Its hard to change browser you are using from a long time . Currently using maxthon 2 beta . nicccce.

Re: Internet Explorer 7 vs. Firefox 2

firefox 2 and opera.. gr8....

why IE not developed ??? what bill gates is doing ??

Aberforth

The Internationalist

24online said:
firefox 2 and opera.. gr8....

why IE not developed ??? what bill gates is doing ??

Spending time in teaching his daughter iPods are worse than vinyl records and also hiring graphics designers to jazz up Vista. :)

I use IE7, FF, and Opera 9..And I like all of them...get the best of all three depending on ur need...why say one is better and other is worse :)

src2206

In the zone

Only those who are yet to explore and understand the great collection of Extensions and Themes can say that there is some thing better than FF. And IE never comes in comparison Avant is far better than IE.

anandk

Distinguished Member
OneStat.com, a provider of real-time web analytics, has revealed that Internet Explorer, the web browser from software company Microsoft, has attained an 85.81% global usage share. *smilies.sofrayt.com/^/aiw/victory.gif

According to OneStat.com, Internet Explorer 7's global usage share is 10.97%increasing 7.91% since November 2006. The browser's market share in the US is 17.75%, compared with 17.25% in Canada and 28.33% in the UK.

The Firefox 2.0 browser from Mozilla holds a 4.83% global usage share. The Firefox browsers represent a total 11.69% global usage share, decreasing 0.46% since November 2006.

Apple's Safari browser holds 1.64% global usage share, increasing 0.03% since November last year.

source

abhijangda

Padawan

surely, my friends IE7 is better one. Don't u know about ie7 security. IE6 runs with all the user previliges in which it is running. But IE7 runs with less previliges even if administrator is running it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom