BrainF*** Movies

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Doodlebug ? :D its available on youtube ;)

Been reading up on Nolan, have you? :D Doodlebug's concept is kinda similar to the Memento poster --> picture in picture in picture in picture.......but its more a featurette than a full blown feature! Wonder how much he spent on that, may be a grand!

BTW, answer to original question is in spoiler in the same post!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Been reading up on Nolan, have you? :D Doodlebug's concept is kinda similar to the Memento poster --> picture in picture in picture in picture.......but its more a featurette than a full blown feature! Wonder how much he spent on that, may be a grand!

BTW, answer to original question is in spoiler in the same post!

nope.. I just didnt know the budget of Following :p I had already mentioned about it here ;)

daemon

Broken In
Mulholland Dr. (2001)

Inception is nothing compared to this

in terms of brain****ness

It got good rating on imdb , so decided to watch it today. Damn!!!! I couldn't understand whole ending. So to vote for your answer it's most brain ****ing movie I ever saw :/

hellscream666

Broken In
ok not exactly in lines with the "thriller" aspect of the movies listed here but with the "BrainF**k" part in mind......

there is a movie called "Begotten" .... no dialogue, very little music.....black and white...story is told by using really graphic and strong visual images......one very twisted film but at the same time, not just any gore movie.

PS: this is strictly NOT for people who are well, not weird :mrgreen:

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
ok not exactly in lines with the "thriller" aspect of the movies listed here but with the "BrainF**k" part in mind......

there is a movie called "Begotten" .... no dialogue, very little music.....black and white...story is told by using really graphic and strong visual images......one very twisted film but at the same time, not just any gore movie.

PS: this is strictly NOT for people who are well, not weird :mrgreen:

You got the "not just any gore movie" part right, alright! But there is hardly any intellectual interpretation challenge in Begotten - you see it once, ok twice maybe and you can decipher what its trying to depict, despite no dialogues and bare-little score! Not brain-fk for me! (Ya but lots of sleepless nights and paranoia - made me give the 2nd movie a miss! :shock:)

hellscream666

Broken In
You got the "not just any gore movie" part right, alright! But there is hardly any intellectual interpretation challenge in Begotten - you see it once, ok twice maybe and you can decipher what its trying to depict, despite no dialogues and bare-little score! Not brain-fk for me! (Ya but lots of sleepless nights and paranoia - made me give the 2nd movie a miss! :shock:)

well sorry for being vague earlier, but what I meant was it was brain-fking because it is not easy to see all that and then seeing what they were trying to portray looking past the graphic images. And I don't think seeing it for a couple of times back to back to understand it is definitely not a good idea :-D

I am yet to watch the sequels, hopefully will get around to it somehow :razz:

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
well sorry for being vague earlier, but what I meant was it was brain-fking because it is not easy to see all that and then seeing what they were trying to portray looking past the graphic images. And I don't think seeing it for a couple of times back to back to understand it is definitely not a good idea :-D

I am yet to watch the sequels, hopefully will get around to it somehow :razz:

Sequels?
Did they release a 3rd part as well, finally? Was supposed to be a trilogy but never found the 3rd part!

Top Bottom