Books/Novels Discussion Thread V1: Literary Gems

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Oh they are very, very good. Written in simple language, that anyone can understand.
compared to amish, cb, or others who seem to have written their novels on mobile before selling them on fk, his books are from another spacetime

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Oh they are very, very good. Written in simple language, that anyone can understand.
compared to amish, cb, or others who seem to have written their novels on mobile before selling them on fk, his books are from another spacetime

Thanks! that's what i wanted to know. I don't have much experience with indian writers other than R K Narayanan and hence the question.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Has any one here read books by S. K Pottekad who wrote couple of great travelogues. I need some good travelogues in similar style. Suggest if you know anything similar.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
putting the Bone Clocks and The Three Body problem on hold to read Memory, Sorrow and Thorn by Tad Williams.
it is too much like ASoIaF

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Miss Marple by Agartala Christi
Father Brown series
Robert Blake series
Jack Reacher series

Translated Byomkesh series
Translated Feluda series

I don't think Jack Reacher will fall into detective category. I am unable to find this robert blake series. Who is the author?

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
I don't think Jack Reacher will fall into detective category. I am unable to find this robert blake series. Who is the author?
Reacher might be belonging to the thriller category but those books feature some excellent detective work. Specially the deductions are very very interesting.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Reacher might be belonging to the thriller category but those books feature some excellent detective work. Specially the deductions are very very interesting.

That is true. But i am looking more at Sherlock Holmes / Hercule Poirot kind of characters.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
omg did not even notice that. And then only noticed that there was no e in the Christi.
Now Im dead, and why I am dead will be a murder mystery.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hi guys , I've just finished 'My Name is Abu Salem' novel . What a piece of fiction literature! Superb and a must-read biography.
BTW can you people may suggest me some other Fiction , Historical type novels ... Thanks a lot :)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^Nothing is Blue by Biman Nath

oh its a Zaidi book. haven't read that one. It is not fiction at all, he just writes it like a story. Mafia Queens of Mumbai and Black Friday.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Well , Zaidi himself describes that the novel is purely non fictional based on police records, court's documents and after questioning Abu Salem himself.

And do you know other these-types of novels ...

P.S - Today I may get 'Those Pricy Thakur Girls' ordered via Amazon during Freedom Sale :razz:

Last edited:
Top Bottom