Books/Novels Discussion Thread V1: Literary Gems

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
After the world famous book "Devotion of suspect X" by Keigo Higashino, he brings us a new brain twister..."Salvation of a saint"
*2.bp.blogspot.com/-jEmyzzxlUu4/UNuINGG1WuI/AAAAAAAAEqY/EjDTB7MPZIs/s1600/Salvation%2Bof%2Ba%2Bsaint.jpg

During the course of literature every mystery writer has tried to write a novel on the "perfect crime", some succeeded and some failed. But I would give Keigo Higashino full marks here. After completing the book if you go backwards you would find a very easy process being told in a complex manner. But, during the read in no way you would ever get bore or feel cheated.

My verdict, read this one.
After Agatha Christie if anyone made you feel for the characters, its him...

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Immortalas of Meluha is a Fiction, and it is the first book by the author, so give him some space, why Shiva Triology is popular is because no one earlier has experiemented with Hindu litreture which i think is overdue, and the book came at right time, the english reader base in india is increasing and the author being a MBA now how to sell more books.

I agree the language is pathetic, and lot of words are not used properly, but let the author give a life -------- its his first try, he will learn how to write, it does not mean the book is waste, its good for time pass.

And yes, if you really like fantasy, monsters, secrets, read Puranas, because all over the world inspiration for good books are purans only, you can find it in Geeta Press stores quite cheap,

also read Michel Danino books, The Lost River its a good read

Inceptionist

Journeyman
You missed out
Mysterious Island & 20,000 leagues under the sea by Jules Verne

I'd say, go through as many JV books as possible.
That man is grandpa of Sci-Fi literature. :thumbs:

Immortalas of Meluha is a Fiction, and it is the first book by the author, so give him some space, why Shiva Triology is popular is because no one earlier has experiemented with Hindu litreture which i think is overdue, and the book came at right time, the english reader base in india is increasing and the author being a MBA now how to sell more books.

I agree the language is pathetic, and lot of words are not used properly, but let the author give a life -------- its his first try, he will learn how to write, it does not mean the book is waste, its good for time pass.

And yes, if you really like fantasy, monsters, secrets, read Puranas, because all over the world inspiration for good books are purans only, you can find it in Geeta Press stores quite cheap,

Seconded.
And you won't find the answers at the end of each book. All three books move the story forward.

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
^ As far as Shiva Trilogy is concerned, I loved the concept. Showing GOD'S as normal person, it's was different.
Now reading The Oath of the Vayuputras, 240 pages to go. :)

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Finished reading Our Moon has Blood Clots: The Exodus of the Kashmiri Pandits by Rahul Pandita

Saddening Story. Quite revealing.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
it does not show god as a normal person, it shows god as a lecher
normally would expect the guy to learn to write before he "writes" a novel
100% of the people buying those books are doing it only because of the cover

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
well,

100% people are buying the books only looking at cover ?

i dont get it, and the people still give positive review about the book and series, come on its just a fiction, like it or not, its currently selling very well,

but again its a personal view how we take things,

when i started reading it, i did not like the language, but then i just ignored the mythology and all religious aspect, its a good concept

Krow

Crowman
Finished the 14-book Wheel of Time series. Ending was not that great. Hats off to Brandon Sanderson for doing a better job than Jordan. He really made Mat Cauthon an extremely funny character.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Dork: The Incredible Adventures of Robin ‘Einstein' Varghese by Sidin Vadukut

.A nice and interesting read . Should read the rest in the trilogy .

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dork: The Incredible Adventures of Robin ‘Einstein' Varghese by Sidin Vadukut

.A nice and interesting read . Should read the rest in the trilogy .

Is third one out?

The third one is out long ago, I'm reading now.

The first one is very good compared his later installments. I found the climax of the first one a bit cheesy.
b/w he's available at twitter and very responsive to fan tweets.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Was in a mood to read some good indian romantic novels , finished 2 states then read I too had a love story by Ravindra Singh . Felt really sad after reading it . I didnt eat anything for a day , so i thaught an erotic novel would cheer me up hence started reading Fifty shades of grey , i must admit it the most dumbest novel i have read , whats all the hype about , the Girl has an orgasm just because the boy touches her , WTF ?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
*www.timeslive.co.za/incoming/2013/02/21/infernocomp.jpg/RESIZED/Small/InfernoComp.jpg

Pre-booked the book at Flipkart. Ha paid 510/-

The book released on 14th May and I received on 17th may. Finished reading it today noon.

This is a Robert Langdon novel, those who have read Dan Brown previous know who Robert Langdon is. So the theme is pretty much same but the start and set-up this time is different.
The start is very much interesting which I must give credit to Dan Brown. Most famous books suffer from a shaky start but Dan Brown has mastered the art of a perfect start. The book though loses steam in the mid, I was getting at times bored with unnecessary info (at times vivid description of some structures) which had no impact on story or whatsoever. I know, in a Robert Langdon novel such descriptions are most important but believe me in this book few such things are irrelevant to the story.

The story picks up at the climax though. When I finished the book, I got a satisfactory feeling. But, the more time passes I'm starting to miss the book. I think this is sign of a good book which stays with you even when you've finished reading it.

If you are aware about Dan Brown's style, its a must read for you. And, its obviously better than "The Lost Symbol"

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Was in a mood to read some good indian romantic novels , finished 2 states then read I too had a love story by Ravindra Singh . Felt really sad after reading it . I didnt eat anything for a day , so i thaught an erotic novel would cheer me up hence started reading Fifty shades of grey , i must admit it the most dumbest novel i have read , whats all the hype about , the Girl has an orgasm just because the boy touches her , WTF ?

Please note that it began life as FAN fiction of the TWILIGHT series :-x

mastervk

In the zone
Finished fifty shades of grey and it is worst book I have ever read. Some times it was torture to read it but I endured thinking it might get better.. Even sex scenes are not good. Twilight was at least interesting and much better read.. Would not recommend any body to read it even for BDSM..

Currently reading book ten of dresden series.. Next series will be either Jim Butcher codex series or malazon series...

Top Bottom