Books/Novels Discussion Thread V1: Literary Gems

n_iceman

Right off the assembly line
Dan brown is really good in my opinion. Read angels and demons first. Then read da vinci code. Both are brilliant!

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Guys any good thriller novel on the lines of sidney sheldon, with some good english ? It should be gluing. How's Dan brown's books?

Try Digital Fortress and Angels and Demons .

You can also check out Dean Koontz' books . Especially The Door to December .

ashs1

Padawan
MY favourite author is easily John Grisham ! His books "Time to kill" & Pelican Brief" were my favourite. !!
Most of his characters/plot revolve around Laws/Lawyers & hence, His attention to detail is flawless !!

Other favourite authors are robin cook, sidney sheldon, J.K. Rowling ( only for HP ), Chetan Bhagat, Dan Brown & Michael Crichton. :)

atm, i am reading the Mahabharat & ramayan - rewritten by C.rajagopalachari .
He has written it Beautifully ( but loads of spoilers in between ) :p

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
For all you non fiction people out there, try out "Outwitting the devil" by the personal improvement guru Napoleon Hill. If you leave out the shaky start the interview with the devil is pretty nicely done and is quite thought provoking.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
People who like war novels should definitely read HMS Ulysses & South by Java Head by Alistair MacLean. A must read.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Can anyone suggest some good detective novels like that of agatha Christie or Arthur Conan Doyle?. No serial killer stuff though.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Can anyone suggest some good detective novels like that of agatha Christie or Arthur Conan Doyle?. No serial killer stuff though.

Try out 'the devotion of suspect x' it's by a japanese author and the plot is pretty good. Sort of like Deathnote (an anime that you must see if you haven't)

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Would reading Bourne novels be a good idea ?? (Coz I have watched the movie so already know story & no suspense left..)

Are Khaled Hosseini's works good??

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I have read Digital Fortress, Deception Point, A&D, DaVinciCode.. (Scores of 10 would be 8.5, 8, 9.5, 7.5)
Also try Doomsday Conspiracy by sindney sheldon(8.5/10)

Have already read doomsday conspiracy, enjoyed it thoroughly. The suspense-glue in Sidney's books is amazing. Have also read tomorrow never comes, it was even better.
I don't like the types of Davinci code. Haven't read it, but saying from whatever I have heard about it. Digital fortress is currently my first priority, have read so many criticism by techies of it. So have to read. My all time fav is The Alchemist, still searching for something similar.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
MY favourite author is easily John Grisham ! His books "Time to kill" & Pelican Brief" were my favourite. !!
Most of his characters/plot revolve around Laws/Lawyers & hence, His attention to detail is flawless !!

Other favourite authors are robin cook, sidney sheldon, J.K. Rowling ( only for HP ), Chetan Bhagat, Dan Brown & Michael Crichton. :)

atm, i am reading the Mahabharat & ramayan - rewritten by C.rajagopalachari .
He has written it Beautifully ( but loads of spoilers in between ) :p

John Grisham is my favourite too. Although I have read only one novel of his 'The Innocent Man' which is his only non-fiction work but it impressed me a lot. Will read his other works too.
It has taken me 1 year to read a major portion of Angels & Demons because I cannot finish a paragraph without looking at the dictionary approx 5 times.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^ok, anyone who appreciates it can write it better, just like the amish books
Check out jaya illustrated retelling mahabharata

Nue

Are Khaled Hosseini's works good??

Yes, indeed. But his works includes very tragic themes and tend to have a very strong emotional impact. So if you don't like that sort of stuff then you shouldn't bother. Still, if you're interested, I'd recommend A Thousand Splendid Suns. Be ready for some feels, though.

If anyone enjoys Legal Thrillers, I highly recommend John Grisham.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Finished reading Master of the Game by Sidney Sheldon .

Each character has a story worth a separate book .

Top Bottom