Books/Novels Discussion Thread V1: Literary Gems

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^wow. Yes, makes sense. Cow gives so many things, why not meat also.

[MENTION=110244]Nerevarine[/MENTION] check out Memory, Sorrow, Thorn by Tad Williams. It has Targs, and Others.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
[MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION], i m about to start The Kingkiller chronicles, have you read them ? Any other reccomendations

EDIT: Nevermind, The dragonbone chair (Memory, Sorrow, Thorn) seems tempting, gonna start it.. dont make me regret the decision, anorion :p

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Is there any place I could try a couple of chapters of the book before I buy, I dont want to sound like a pirate but I really hate buying a book before I know I'll like it

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yeah, tried it out.. the book has a buttload of spelling mistakes and grammar errors
Still bought tho

- - - Updated - - -

So i read a few chapters of the book, loving it.. the indentation and spelling errors were annoying but ill still read it.. thx a lot anorion

tkin

Back to school!!
Has anyone read the Martian?
Yup, excellent read. Its hardcore sci fi, just like Arthur Clarke (Rendezvous with Rama). Very interesting for technically savvy people(10+2 science), a good read for non technical people as well. A non technical reader might need to use google at times.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
So i read a few chapters of the book, loving it.. the indentation and spelling errors were annoying but ill still read it.. thx a lot anorion

uh... this one is a little intense and involving. Didn't realize how much till I saw a huge last book, and it was only one part of the book lol.
the last book is on the *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_novels

Now I have to finish reading. :(

Nerevarine

Incarnate
uh... this one is a little intense and involving. Didn't realize how much till I saw a huge last book, and it was only one part of the book lol.
the last book is on the *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_novels

Now I have to finish reading. :(

I dont think I can finish the series unless I go tryhard mode like asoiaf.. besides ill drop whatever im reading once The Winds of Winter releases
Im not reading now btw, too focused on app dev... Ill resume once college starts and exam ends

Martin intends to resolve these storylines "very early" in The Winds of Winter, saying "I'm going to open with the two big battles that I was building up to, the battle in the ice and the battle at Meereen—the battle of Slaver's Bay. And then take it from there."

How can anyone not go full try hard mode for TWoW after knowing this

Top Bottom