Books/Novels Discussion Thread V1: Literary Gems

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Special 26 is a book by Gabriel Khan based on the screenplay for the movie by Neeraj Pandey

It's a very rewarding book, every page is fun. Language is simple and clear. Not fail tho, like chetan bhagat / amish.
This con man never uses violence, and steals from corrupt people to build schools and hospitals. That was something I didn't understand fully from watching special 26.
If you like Hussain Zaidi books, this is exactly like that.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Reading Hindu superiority by Har Bilas Sarda
its from 1906. Will post how it was.

- - - Updated - - -

oh every word is an ego massage. Indians will love this.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Finished two books this week.

The girl on the train by Paula Hawkins 3.5/5

This is a strange book. I mean felt very realistic, couple with a fragile leading character and few more grey characters.
First one or two chapters took time for me to stay interested then it was really unputdownable.
The author felt like has given her everything to this book and creating this character. I'll really look forward to know what she writes next, just to understand what else is left in her!

Mrs. Funnybones by Twinkle Khanna

Twinkle Khanna is sure a better writer that she was as an actress.
You might enjoy this.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Guys, The Final Empire: Mistborn Book One (English) - Buy The Final Empire: Mistborn Book One (English) by Brandon Sanderson Online at Best Prices in India - Flipkart.com on Flipkart is Rs.767 on flipkart. I am gifting it to my friend who like to read books. E-book is not good option as reading form mobile for long time is not healthy. So i decided to buy paperback. I thought it will not cost more than 500. Is it worth, i mean the papaer quality and all? I won't mind spending 800 if the paper quality is good.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmm... ok game for fantasy or historical fiction or comparative mythology... anything that helps me understand GoT and ASOIAF more
any suggestions?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The girl with all the gifts by M.R. Carey 7/10

*d.gr-assets.com/books/1403033579l/17235026.jpg

From goodreads :

"Every morning, Melanie waits in her cell to be collected for class. When they come for her, Sergeant Parks keeps his gun pointing at her while two of his people strap her into the wheelchair. She thinks they don't like her. She jokes that she won't bite, but they don't laugh."

Well. the book starts well.Then took a lot of time to reach its conflict. I guess the way it ended we may just see a sequel anytime soon. Even though the author did not hint yet, but it seems it could very well be.

Two books I read recently and I can say glossaries have become trailers for books. They have started lying now.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
really want to read

The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell

and

Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola

but am

reading

Dunk and Egg

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Revenge by Yōko Ogawa 9/10

*images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51twViF0ScL.jpg

This is a chance find by me on a casual stroll in Starmark bookstore. And I'm really glad I found this.
Such beautifully macabre stories I at least did not read in my life yet.

If you can get a hold of this, buy it. You won't repent I promise.

swatkat

Technomancer
Read and re-read Agni Shridhar's "Dadagiri" trilogy [1]. Amazing recounting of rise and fall of Bangalore underworld, right from the 80s to 2000s. Must read!

[1]*www.thehindu.com/books/books-authors/the-gangs-of-bangalore/article5447870.ece

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi, I am on the lookout for buying the complete novels (26 as i have heard) of Tarzan and also of Phantom. If anyone knows where to get it, thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone??

kunnusingh

Journeyman
Guys, I am really happy to share my novel. This is written by me in Hindi Language. Fiction novel ;)

Written by me. ;)

Hindi Novel Book - Fiction - Android Apps on Google Pla

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I had almost started thinking that people here had given up reading. Thank god that isn't the case.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom