Bollywood Music Lovers Thread

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi friends,

I am interested to see how many of here love hindi/bollywood music ( i sometimes hate using this word, but unfortunately :( ).

Hindi music industry has produced great composers like Pancham Da, Shanker jaikisher, Rahman sir etc and great singers like Kishore/rafi/lata/usha etc. Personally, i love the melodies of yesteryears and 1990s and some songs of today's generations are damn good as well. Pancham da and Jatin Lalit are my fav composers and Udit Narayan is my favorite singer.

I also love present generation singers like Arijit ( Absolutely solid voice plus amazing voice control) , javed ali, shreya goshal amongst others. My current favorite is Man mast magan ( 2 states) . Show me some of your love for the great dynasty of bollywood music

ashs1

Padawan
some of the singers whom i like : Kishore kumar, mohd. Rafi, Atif Aslam, Mohit Chauhan, Sonu Nigam, Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal, Arijit Singh & Rahat Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan( special fav.) ,Roop Kumar Rathod, KK( Krishnakumar Kunnath ) & Amit Trivedi.

Last edited:
OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Ill list out some of my fav songs regarding the singers uve mentioned

Kishore - Kiska rasta dekhe
Rafi - Meri dosti mera pyaar
Atif - Tu jaane na
Mohit Chauhan - Pee loon
Sonu Nigam a.ka. GOD - Abhi mujhme kahi
Shankar mahadevan - Maa
Shreya Goshal - Sun raha hai na tu
Arijit singh - Kabeera
I could never get into Nusrat fateh ali khan. May be i dint give enough time. Which songs do u suggest of his?
Roop kumar rathod - Sandese ate hai
KK - Beete lamhe
Need to listen to Amit trivedi. Havent had the privilege till now.

ashs1

Padawan
Some of my fav. songs of Rahat Nusrat fateh ali khan on my phone atm.. :

Bol Na Halke Halke,
Main Jahaan Rahoon
Dil To Bachcha Hai Ji
Tum Jo Aaye
Tere Mast Mast Do Nain
Dagabaaz Re
Tere bina

Amit trivedi's songs :

Manjha
Allah meharbaan
Jugni

ratul

█████████████████
not that much, but here's those 10% hindi songs on my sansa clip zip:
Rockstar (All Songs)
Namaste London (All Songs)
Jugni (Oye Lucky Lucky Oye)
Rang de Basanti (All Songs)
Main tenu samjhava
Zeest
Bodhi Tree
Dum Laga (Dil Dosti Etc)
Zara si (Jannat)
and some more rahat fateh ali khan songs, damn these days no bollywood songs seems to be worth listening.. :(

snap

Lurker
Tera mera rishta - Awarapan

Aadat - Kalyug

To Phir Aao - Awarapan

these are some of the recent songs which comes to mind

aiza55

Broken In
Best bollywood Song from Phir Hera Pheri e meri Zorajabeen

Paathshala - Rang De Basanti
Kya mujhe pyar hai from Wo lamhe
HEY FATTY BOOM BOOM, HEY FATTY BOOM BOOM

OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
o meri johrazabeen? tats the best Bollywood song? :O .
i am singing kya hua tera wada and tum aa gaye ho for finals of infy voice of bhubaneswar :D

OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
What amazing songs Dosti movie(1954) had. Laxmikant pyarelal were a genius duo. And mohammed rafi, he was touched by the divine. Nobody has been blessed yet with a more beautiful voice.

[youtube]tjB61sfhojo[/youtube]

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
What amazing songs Dosti movie(1954) had. Laxmikant pyarelal were a genius duo. And mohammed rafi, he was touched by the divine. Nobody has been blessed yet with a more beautiful voice.

omg thats my fathers favourite :D

OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Rafi to me is the greatest singer ever. Besides the obvious technical brilliance, the subtle nuances, the evocative expressions and the throw of his voice hasnt been matched by any singer since then. Another one of his brilliant songs.

[youtube]aSJ_jcEPOu0[/youtube]

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Jigar: Tumse milne ko dil karta he
Ghajni : Kese Mujhe Tum Mil Gaye
Jannat 2: Tuhi mera
Anjana Anjani: Tu na jane aas pass he khuda
Gangster: tuhi meri sab he
most this and few more. hardly open to listening to any new movies songs. just don't lik'em =/

Awarapan, Go Goa Gone, Ghanchakkar, Fida, Kasoor, Zinda,
lots and lots of them :p

mostly stuck on rap stuff. :lol:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hindi songs....ah love them.

I've listened to movie songs, strayed into Gazals Talat Mehmood, Qawali by Sabri brothers and others, 90's POP songs are still favorite and few hindi Rock songs.

My all time favorite singer has to be Kishore Kumar. Love anything and everything he has ever sung.
Few, if not all by Md. Rafi
Love Asha Bhonsle over Lata
Few jewels by Hemanta and Manna
Mukesh (must mention 'Duniya bananewale' and 'Sajan re jhoot mat bolo')

Kumar Shanu (his range of sad songs are close to Kishore)
Abhijeet
Udit used to be my fav then I realized he sings all songs in same tone, be it happy or sad
Sonu Nigam (Tanhayee blew me away and a fan since the day)
Shreya Ghoshal.....she made me realize you can really fall in love listening to someone's voice. A very beautiful lady with amazing voice and range.
Mohit Chauhan (Liked since is 'Boondein' days. Rockstar made me realize why I liked in the first palce)

Arijit Singh...good voice. Yet to take any decision on him.

Oh, I must mention two songs by Altaf Raja obviously "Pardesi" and "Tumse kitna pyaar hai" from "Company"

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

lol these guys just really appreciating the music :p

*i.imgur.com/bSWyHaI.png

been following this thread for some time. this song is in phone of all my friends and we listen to it at regularly. it's not apparent from the video that the boy is blind. if anyone has seen the movie, the camera work is something else. me and my dad both have greatest appreciation for bengali directors.

miss old type of slow patient songs, now a days its too fast paced and electronica
here is a playlist in grooveshark it has all hindi songs my friend group listens to > Grooveshark - Free Music Streaming, Online Music

but still, like anything by Piyush Mishra, Sachin-Jigar, Amit Trivedi and Sneha Khanwalkar
and
[YOUTUBE]CdhNW2J2kyo[/YOUTUBE]

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I like this song, however stupid the lyrics are :lol:

[YOUTUBE]5KafXwssdDU[/YOUTUBE]

OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Hindi songs....ah love them.

Udit used to be my fav then I realized he sings all songs in same tone, be it happy or sad
"

Nah. he has his unique take on sad and happy songs. contrast his "happy"pehla nasha with a sad song like chaha hai tujhko and there are so much variations - both obvious and subtle. furthermore he has a great "neutral voice" evident in songs like main yahan hoon.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Nah. he has his unique take on sad and happy songs. contrast his "happy"pehla nasha with a sad song like chaha hai tujhko and there are so much variations - both obvious and subtle. furthermore he has a great "neutral voice" evident in songs like main yahan hoon.

I hate to disagree with you but what I told is true.
Listen to his sad songs and some happy songs some day...and this time very closely.

b/w they stopped making good sad songs now-a-days.

Top Bottom