Birthday gifting advice

Sarath

iDota
Please suggest some gift ideas for a friend's b'day.:oops: She is my best friend so I will make something personalised for sure, but stuff apart from that is where I am confused.

Stuff to be excluded:
A watch
College bag
Earphones

Stuff that can't be bought at all:
Handbags
Stupid girly shoes etc...
anything that is overtly girly :mrgreen:

Budget: 3k (can go upto 5k)

Help! yelp!

digitaltab

In the zone
a ubislate 7 tablet @2.9k, if she likes gadgets.
chocolates otherwise,
or the best will be if you plan a trip for a whole day to some awesome place in ur budget...

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Thanks for the suggestions guys:
Well I forgot to mention the common things I get every year,

A greeting card
A stuffed toy
Chocolates

These are default gift I buy anyways.

No money for an iPod. :( Can't buy photo frame. Hostel rules!

@sujay: that's a nice one. Will look into it.

Ubislate is resistive or else would have made a decent gift.

Shuffle is good but she listens to songs on her phone and I already gave her a CX180 to enjoy better quality music.

My girlfriend suggests me to buy her a guitar :shock:
She also suggested me that "nemo" kinda fish :? worth it? I have only ever eaten fish, never kept them as pets. Especially such an expensive one

Some ideas in my head:

It's empty. Shame on me.

@shivam: We will most likely be celebrating at my place so the day is by default a holiday for us all

Does anyone know of any novels that are like Harry Potter, Twilight and some similar fantasy stories? Except narnia

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Check this out-->

Flipkart.com: A Game of Thrones 4 Book Boxed Set 0345529057: Book: George R. R. Martin (9780345529053)

Flipkart.com: The Paulo Coelho Collection 0007228821: Book: Paulo Coelho (9780007228829)

*www.flipkart.com/evergreen-books-p...LA--&ref=06944bdb-6f21-4585-aa1a-daa576529ba6

*www.flipkart.com/mystery-series-51...LA--&ref=06944bdb-6f21-4585-aa1a-daa576529ba6

*www.flipkart.com/complete-millenni...LA--&ref=06944bdb-6f21-4585-aa1a-daa576529ba6

Last edited:
OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Check this out-->
Flipkart.com: Evergreen Books Of Penguin Box Set 0143416405: Book: Various (author) (9780143416401)

The box set includes the following titles :

The Kitemaker: Stories
The Quilt: Stories
My Experiments with Truth
Building a New India
The Jungle Book
Toba Tek Singh: Stories
Malgudi: Stories
The Shroud: Stories
Feluda: Stories
The Mark of Vishnu: Stories
Kabuliwallah: Stories
Valmiki Ramayana: The Book of Wilderness
Kamasutra: Selections :shock:
The Mahabharata: Droupadi's Marriage and Other Selections
:mrgreen:

Twilight books or better LOTR books
Twilight done. Not sure about LOTR. Any more similar fantasies?
Give her March issue of Thinkdigit.
LOL...suicide!
Bartimaeus Trilogy?
Looking into it...thanks...

pratzgh1

Broken In
Make her a personalised bracelet or necklace with all the memories as lockets. eg: guitar, bottles, stars, book (small things hanging on the bracelet or chain/necklace at equidistance). in ur budget u can manage to get it done in silver.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ +1. Or try out something like..Take a album...Put up all your memories make it creative,With a small box of chocolates.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Make her a personalised bracelet or necklace with all the memories as lockets. eg: guitar, bottles, stars, book (small things hanging on the bracelet or chain/necklace at equidistance). in ur budget u can manage to get it done in silver.

Kool idea mate :razz:

Top Bottom