Big virus coming!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I received this message through e mail. There are also many websites that have published this.

This virus is supposed to be spreading itself through e mail. So if any of your contacts is infected, chances are, you too will be sent a copy of this e mail. It comes with an attachment- "Postcard from Beijing". If you open this attachment, then it's supposed to kill the whole windows partition. So even if you it's from a friend you know, don't open it. This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this virus. So for now, it's wise to avoid opening any suspicious attachments.

DISCLAIMER- I'm not sure about this. I just read about it, so I thought I'd post it here for the benefit of the other members. I'm in no way responsible if you do open this attachment and find that it's perfectly safe.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I'm not wrong I think my friend had sent me such message a year back through Yahoo and also told me to forward it.......:lol: May be, its a stupid n00bish chain letter???

Not sure, but I've read a similar message long time ago which was also saying the same thing. McAfee-CNN n all....

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
If I'm not wrong I think my friend had sent me such message a year back through Yahoo and also told me to forward it.......:lol: May be, its a stupid n00bish chain letter???

Not sure, but I've read a similar message long time ago which was also saying the same thing. McAfee-CNN n all....

These kinda chain letters are there all the time. Each one of them never becomes true. But, anyway, why take a chance?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Windows is the only virus for which takes up an entire cd/dvd and still you have to activate it over internet.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
If I'm not wrong I think my friend had sent me such message a year back through Yahoo and also told me to forward it....... May be, its a stupid n00bish chain letter???
They all start in Orkut :lol:
I had got an email like this long ago. It was called "Olympic Torch" if i remember right. It will burn the entire "C" of your Hard disk if you open the attachment. :lol::lol:
:|:|:|

redhat

Mad and Furious
I too have recieved am email as such....
Warning me about the postcard from Beijing which is an olympic torch and will burn your C: down...
maybe some n00bish chain letter

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
^^Yep. Exact same message.
It said that the virus would burn the whole "C" drive of a computer.
That's so noob man. First the "burn". And then- "it will burn the whole C drive of the computer. They couldn't even refer to it as a partition, and then, does it mean that those who've installed Windows on a partition other than C won't get "burned"? :lol:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Let the stupid Virus come, i would keep this in my personal collection:D
it can't do any harm to me

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
While there is this kinda news all over the net, the Linux and Mac users look at us and laugh like this- *webpages.charter.net/kylegdb/smilies/38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom