Bhuvan - Google Earth Killer in making...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapsicum

spice it up
Source

yes you read it right.... Google Earth killer is on its way & the most astonishing part is its coming from India ...

After successfully launching Lunar mission Chandrayaan I, Indian Space agency ISRO is all set to launch it's own satellite mapping service dubbed "Bhuvan", the IRS (Indian Remote Sensing) image portal will provide satellite images similar to but with more precision & frequent updates then Google Earth, currently Google Earth provides single-layered images with zoom levels up to 200 meters and images updated every 4 years in-contrast Bhuvan will provide multi-layered images with zoom levels up to 10 meters and images being updated every year.Unlike the others, Bhuvan will focus only on the Indian sub-continent.

we can expect the service to be launched in next six months by March 2009 as ISRO has all the infrastructure already in place and a prototype of Bhuvan should be ready by November end.

Last edited:

Champ

.NET Guru
Cool :cool: Just Waiting for it, The only Concern I have is Security Issues, Hope they don't provide detailed images of Terrorist hotshots and Govt Establishments.

chandru.in

In the zone
Cool hope they map every corner of even smaller towns in India. This is one place where both Google and maps (any other US based map for that matter), fails.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^++1 ..lets wait n watch how it competes with Google Earth
They are NOT competing with Google Earth and other such applications.

With Bhuvan we will be able to produce very local information which will be specific to only to our own country. This information available from this mapping system will be useful in addressing very local problems like floods, famines, infrastructure development, education and much more

So its useful tool for Various Govt Agencies for Town Planning,Traffic management etc.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^In HT it was given that though everything is ready, but still it would be available not before March 2009.

neogen

Broken In
Nice, keep dreaming about Google Earth killer. Another funny news, Indian media and newspapers always coming up with foolish claims. :rolleyes:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Is it free ?

Can we really rely on indian service?
And what about nuclear reactor areas? Will they be included or censored?

But i love the initial taken by our ISRO..,

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Nice, we got our eyes, now big sister is watching you :p

And it isn't competing with GE I think, as it is only for India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom