Votes: 31 43.1%
  • Apple iPod

Votes: 41 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
if one is playing the same file, shouldn't all that matters is the headphones!!

drgunjankumar

Broken In
well the sound quality frankly depends more o the headphones bundled rather than the player(talking bout the reputed manufacturers)... frankly the headphones bundled usually are greatly biased on the lower end ie bass.. personally i feel ipod headphones are average and as for sony.. well, i felt they were the best few years back, but now i realise they are considered best because they overwhelm u the first time u here them with there boomy bass and bright sound.. its after prolong hearing and the accompanying headaches that u realise the fineness thats missing

btw read somewher in this thread that iem cause deafness.. i guess its quite the opposite.. if used correctly they reduce the chances of hearing impairment.. our ears are so designed that they tend to give pref to the loudest sound and ignore the lesser ones.. so in heavy traffic and in noisy areas we tend to increase the volume of earphones so that the sound from the earphone is loudest... this may cause permanent hearing impairment.. while iem block the ambient noises and the volume thus is very low... iem are dangerous only if u r in a situation in which u have to be aware of ur surroundings (like jogging, driving, etc)

p.s- i myself use an iem XTREMEMAC FS1

Last edited:
OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
@daniel: I know you are the biggest w810i hater so its no surprise seeing that coming from you.
As far as saying HPM-70 is bass oriented, I completely disagree. Play it with Megabass, yes it'll flood you with bass. But , turn it off and listen. It hardly compromise with mids and lows.I myself don't use Megabass. And I now own ep-630, and it's got better bass than hpm-70. Nobody complaints about that,cause its not bundled with SE.Its kinda prejudice that Since w810i comes with mega bass, its earphones, has to be BAss-oriented.

And at people saying, The iPod is better playing device, but only got an inferior earphones. What kind of excuse is that? Is it SE's fault that it provided good headphones or Is it another Apple's Innovation of the Millennium that it will provide crappy earphones by default?

daniel_joseph said:
The video playback on the iPod is waaaaay better than SE.
Also the iPods being very very very popular has about 4000 accessories for it manufactured by different companies.
Man!!Can't you read? I already told that the debate is only about Sound quality. I don't go saying around that w810i has a FM(must in Music Device) or it has got camera.

daniel_joseph said:
iPods are also being used by the English cricketers to see and revise their opponents tactics. Courtesy, great,crisp,clear and vivid video quality.
Thats why they keep losing all the matches .And what are you in English team. The waterboy?

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
My brothers K790 sounds better than my iPod nano. But I've to agree, I used the bundled earpieces that came with the iPod.

nimesh2india

Right off the assembly line
AS a Suggestion To W810i users,instead of using Hpm-70 or the Creatives EP-630's use the Mylars Crossroads X3's or XB's,sounds terrific,will surely blow ur ep630 headphones.i have been using w810i for last 14months,completely satisfied with HPM-70,then i purchased the EP-630 in june,while searching on the net and reading the reviews from (lamington creative dealer).

Then in Oct i had the another craze of the sennheiser's opening a shop's in mumbai,i was really into CX-300 ones,which are more bassy.(bassified).but that cost around 3500rs too pricy for a graduate.

Then searching here and there i came accross these Mylars Crossroads X3's headphones that has good reviews under his belt.

I purchased them online from Jaben.net singapour for 65$.it is quite worth its price and gives the edge over CX-300.took 10working days to arrive free shipping no customs and nothing extra to pay.Packing is damm Good as if they have packed jewellery inside.i wil try to post some of my headphone pics.

now iam waiting for iphone and also gearing up for trying this one on that.
ALL in All W810i is good and solid phone and player,mod it if u want.
but ipod is a steal comparing its 12 band EQ with 5band EQ on w810i is no justice.

x3060

A LOTR fan
well music is a personal preference . . it varies from person to person , i dont like bass much . . and am not in to comparison either . cause your mind set at that time matters the most . if i am doing a comparison now i will vote for SE , i like SE now , so am looking forward for its plus points , naturally my mind will be more comfy with it and will always say SE to me . for that reason alone i hate comparing .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom