Best speakers within 7k ? (2.1/2.0)

madzeus

Broken In
Received my Swans M10 !! :D :D :D
Will update after listening
My setup is with an LG 32" monitor with which i wish to connect Swans M10 as primary sound output,Inputs would be TATA SKY HD+, and secondary input as my LAPTOP monitor.
@hitesh : please give a review, am very much inclined to buy them and a few queries if you can help me.
1) Have you tried connecting a DAC with it? does it help with sound output, I talked to hifinage, they told me if you wish to use them for TV using a DAC would help a lot. So can throw any light on it?
2)Comments on the build quality? The cable into satellite speakers are not interchangeable so am afraid i might damage them? Did you face any such problems?
3)Logitech Bluetooth Audio Receiver: did you try considering this/any other bluetooth receiver?? (since using a bluetooth setup would be way more convenient with my phone/tab.)
4)The sound is supposed to be burned in for a few hours? What was the burn in period for you?
5)How do they fare with Action movie/ Games ( read bass heavy explosions ), because i was considering logitech z263 too, but after hearing from a friends set i didnt find the SQ in music and voice clarity (just my opinion) . M 10 are better in voice clarity but does it ever disappoint in bass?? just trying to guage what should expect.
6) Did you ever need a replacement/repair? and if so please do tell us how was the experience with prohomeaudio ?

Dis any one ever buy from hifingage?? how was the experience? Someone give as a Review!!

madzeus

Broken In
Yup ordered them for 6.5k :D
Will reach by 18th or 19th. Really, really excited
@hitesh: Sorry for bormbarding you with tags :flamethrower::enforcer2::enforcer2: but could you also tell me the best position to place them, from what i have read they sound best when placed on table, but i do not have the space to place a 2.1 on my desk, can i place them @ 6 feet height above my Monitor, and still have the same sound experience? Finally Hows was the experience and will you recommend them for my setup?? Thank you:doublethumb::doublethumb:

AjaySingh

Right off the assembly line
You can go for JBL speaker bar.
Or if you want 2.1 or 5.1 speakers or bar then go for Philips.

madzeus

Broken In
You can go for JBL speaker bar.
Or if you want 2.1 or 5.1 speakers or bar then go for Philips.
Hi, actually i have a heard quite a lot of good about M10, just want to know how good these really are in comparison to other sets. Do you own a JBL bar?? i have a medium sized room,so doesnt really need to be too loud but i cannot compromise on SQ, given my tight budget 7k,this set has been said to be above par than other 2.1 sets.
I do not have the space for a 5.1, besides wihtin 6-7k i wouldnt get a good set would i?? Please recommend if any model from Philips which are good.

AjaySingh

Right off the assembly line
Hi, actually i have a heard quite a lot of good about M10, just want to know how good these really are in comparison to other sets. Do you own a JBL bar?? i have a medium sized room,so doesnt really need to be too loud but i cannot compromise on SQ, given my tight budget 7k,this set has been said to be above par than other 2.1 sets.
I do not have the space for a 5.1, besides wihtin 6-7k i wouldnt get a good set would i?? Please recommend if any model from Philips which are good.
My friend have JBL speaker which is about 6k. The sound quality of the speaker is awesome. For medium sized room with good sound quality my recommendation is JBL. You can find it on flipkart or amazon.

shreeux

Movie Buff
My setup is with an LG 32" monitor with which i wish to connect Swans M10 as primary sound output,Inputs would be TATA SKY HD+, and secondary input as my LAPTOP monitor.
@hitesh : please give a review, am very much inclined to buy them and a few queries if you can help me.
1) Have you tried connecting a DAC with it? does it help with sound output, I talked to hifinage, they told me if you wish to use them for TV using a DAC would help a lot. So can throw any light on it?
2)Comments on the build quality? The cable into satellite speakers are not interchangeable so am afraid i might damage them? Did you face any such problems?
3)Logitech Bluetooth Audio Receiver: did you try considering this/any other bluetooth receiver?? (since using a bluetooth setup would be way more convenient with my phone/tab.)
4)The sound is supposed to be burned in for a few hours? What was the burn in period for you?
5)How do they fare with Action movie/ Games ( read bass heavy explosions ), because i was considering logitech z263 too, but after hearing from a friends set i didnt find the SQ in music and voice clarity (just my opinion) . M 10 are better in voice clarity but does it ever disappoint in bass?? just trying to guage what should expect.
6) Did you ever need a replacement/repair? and if so please do tell us how was the experience with prohomeaudio ?

Dis any one ever buy from hifingage?? how was the experience? Someone give as a Review!!

Compare to hifinage...ProAudioHome was good service also negotiable. Bought SwanM200KII.

OP
H

hitesh

In the zone

I currently don't have time for a detailed review (with a separate thread). I will reply to just specific points here

1) I do not have a DAC nor have connected these to my TV, so I can't comment
2) Build quality is very good. The only drawback is that the spider and surround are not covered (these are speaker parts that move inwards and outwards; hope I'm using the right terms lol). Cables are thick (those double cylinders type) and reliable
3) I haven't used any bluetooth receiver with these speakers
4) Don''t worry about burn-in. For me, the sound definitely changed over the long period, but I can't place the exact difference. The burn-in period is definitely not a few hours IMO
5) Bass is the weakest part of these speakers. The deepest bass is missing (20-45hz; basically the lower half of sub-bass). Logitech Z623 would definitely have been better in this department. And yeah, it does disappoint in bass some times
6) Nope, totally working fine since I bought these

I bought these from ebay as mentioned somewhere above. The experience was nice

Last edited:
OP
H

hitesh

In the zone
@hitesh: Sorry for bormbarding you with tags :flamethrower::enforcer2::enforcer2: but could you also tell me the best position to place them, from what i have read they sound best when placed on table, but i do not have the space to place a 2.1 on my desk, can i place them @ 6 feet height above my Monitor, and still have the same sound experience? Finally Hows was the experience and will you recommend them for my setup?? Thank you:doublethumb::doublethumb:
Table is definitely better than floor. I can't comment on placing them that high above, I haven't tried that. My suggestion would be that wherever you place them, make sure they face as close to your ears (for movies and games). For music, this isn't necessary

If SQ is the highest priority, definitely get these. Otherwise get Z623

madzeus

Broken In
I currently don't have time for a detailed review (with a separate thread). I will reply to just specific points here

1) I do not have a DAC nor have connected these to my TV, so I can't comment
2) Build quality is very good. The only drawback is that the spider and surround are not covered (these are speaker parts that move inwards and outwards; hope I'm using the right terms lol). Cables are thick (those double cylinders type) and reliable
3) I haven't used any bluetooth receiver with these speakers
4) Don''t worry about burn-in. For me, the sound definitely changed over the long period, but I can't place the exact difference. The burn-in period is definitely not a few hours IMO
5) Bass is the weakest part of these speakers. The deepest bass is missing (20-45hz; basically the lower half of sub-bass). Logitech Z623 would definitely have been better in this department. And yeah, it does disappoint in bass some times
6) Nope, totally working fine since I bought these

I bought these from ebay as mentioned somewhere above. The experience was nice

Thanks Hitesh for the pointers. Do we have a swans M10 dedicated thread here @ digit ? can you please point me to it. Thanks again

shreeux

Movie Buff
Thanks Hitesh for the pointers. Do we have a swans M10 dedicated thread here @ digit ? can you please point me to it. Thanks again

Swans M10 vs Logitech Z623

Save money...Dont go below 10k....atleast M50...Its single time investment...

shreeux

Movie Buff
Do you know where can i get something as grand as M10 withing 10k?? proaudiohome sells @ 22k :( :(

Swan M10 its have mid woofer...You can't place separately...Place along with satellite.

Below 10 Logitech 623 only.... So save money get after 3-6months later.

You may contact ProAudioHome or Hifiange ask for any offer or some additional discount.

madzeus

Broken In
@shreeux :My setup includes a LG monitor 32",(bought for 16k) which was delivered today, so am sitting with a creative muvo 10 which is OK but inadequate for the TV hence cant really wait to save and have thus decided to go with M10. Thanks for your inputs.

With M10 the problems/points which i am worried about is
1) speaker cones are unprotected,am afraid i might damage them hence cant place on table, will put them on wall shelves with vibration pad etc. Did anyone of the owners face the same concern?Did you cover them with cloth mesh/or any other arrangement.
2)what about popping sound while being switched off.? Is that an issue at all or am i just nit picking?
3)Really confused if DAC required or not? Dont really want to buy one? point me in some direction regarding VFM DACs. Though i might have to buy just the speakers for now but do tell about improved performance after DAC.
Thank you all for helping me!!

shreeux

Movie Buff
@shreeux :My setup includes a LG monitor 32",(bought for 16k) which was delivered today, so am sitting with a creative muvo 10 which is OK but inadequate for the TV hence cant really wait to save and have thus decided to go with M10. Thanks for your inputs.

With M10 the problems/points which i am worried about is
1) speaker cones are unprotected,am afraid i might damage them hence cant place on table, will put them on wall shelves with vibration pad etc. Did anyone of the owners face the same concern?Did you cover them with cloth mesh/or any other arrangement.
2)what about popping sound while being switched off.? Is that an issue at all or am i just nit picking?
3)Really confused if DAC required or not? Dont really want to buy one? point me in some direction regarding VFM DACs. Though i might have to buy just the speakers for now but do tell about improved performance after DAC.
Thank you all for helping me!!

First of all why you need speakers...Movies..Music..Games..Tv Shows? Decide first...!!!

Whoever ever bought SwanM10 in this forum..not fully satisfied...they are like to plan upgraded again.

You may go with less budget Creative or Logitech (2.0-2.1) 2.5-5k more models available choose accordingly your needs.

1) Don't cover with a cloth while using...No need vibration pad.Its not powered speakers...You may place any rubber sheet or wooden pad.

2)Popping sound some of the members get the issues..not all...they told its normal..when query raised in the service center.

3)If you are a music lover or audiophile...Go for DAC...
But SwanM10 is 2.1 not required..If need goes for Chromecast audio..Don't spend too much on DAC..Unless you have best setup.

Try to Demo any showroom near your circle...In any Product

Read this thread fully...You get some Idea....Need to buy 2.1 Speaker, Any Suggetions?

madzeus

Broken In
First of all why you need speakers...Movies..Music..Games..Tv Shows? Decide first...!!!

Whoever ever bought SwanM10 in this forum..not fully satisfied...they are like to plan upgraded again.

You may go with less budget Creative or Logitech (2.0-2.1) 2.5-5k more models available choose accordingly your needs.

1) Don't cover with a cloth while using...No need vibration pad.Its not powered speakers...You may place any rubber sheet or wooden pad.

2)Popping sound some of the members get the issues..not all...they told its normal..when query raised in the service center.

3)If you are a music lover or audiophile...Go for DAC...
But SwanM10 is 2.1 not required..If need goes for Chromecast audio..Don't spend too much on DAC..Unless you have best setup.

Try to Demo any showroom near your circle...In any Product

Read this thread fully...You get some Idea....Need to buy 2.1 Speaker, Any Suggetions?

1)Usage wise its going to be more of movies/TV series>> Music >> gaming. Couldnt ger a demo as no one in BIHAR sells these..will be going to Delhi in a month or so,anyone know any plaecs where i can get a demo in Delhi ??

2)Regarding other options (in lesser budget 3-6k INR ) is there any worthy mention? Had a bad review of F & D, friend's 5.1 turned into a dud within 5-6 months,so don't want that. Do mention if any worth sets in lesser range which would be bang for bunk,if i skip SWANS M10 for now.

3) My room is 100 sq feet or so. After taking feedback from so many of you, i would follow your advice to skip DAC as of now, will upgrade if later necessary.

shreeux

Movie Buff
1)Usage wise its going to be more of movies/TV series>> Music >> gaming. Couldnt ger a demo as no one in BIHAR sells these..will be going to Delhi in a month or so,anyone know any plaecs where i can get a demo in Delhi ??

2)Regarding other options (in lesser budget 3-6k INR ) is there any worthy mention? Had a bad review of F & D, friend's 5.1 turned into a dud within 5-6 months,so don't want that. Do mention if any worth sets in lesser range which would be bang for bunk,if i skip SWANS M10 for now.

3) My room is 100 sq feet or so. After taking feedback from so many of you, i would follow your advice to skip DAC as of now, will upgrade if later necessary.

As per your needs of speaker preferences...You may go with Logitech or Creative as per your budget 2.0 or 2.1.

Minion

Conversation Architect

If you want speakers for watching movies then you will be disappointed with swan speakers they are suitable for listening music only I suggest you logitech z623 for your purpose.

Top Bottom