Best SE walkman phone around 5k

Status
Not open for further replies.

king rrr

Broken In
Hi friends,

Can anyone help me out in buying a new sonyerricson walkman phone around 5k.

My choice is W200i.

Please help me. Is this a good phone .

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
No bluetooth. No EDGE. VGA camera. Non-TFT display. I'm not sure how it can be a good phone without all those. Unless you are going to only make/recieve calls and messages and listen to music I won't recommend buying W200i. It is seriously under-equipped.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea sorry..its a bit overpriced now. Damn it..

You can also look for the W350i or settle for a nokia. :)

Last edited:
No bluetooth. No EDGE. VGA camera. Non-TFT display. I'm not sure how it can be a good phone without all those. Unless you are going to only make/recieve calls and messages and listen to music I won't recommend buying W200i. It is seriously under-equipped.

I think its fun. I heard it has a better java engine compared to nokia phones. If so, its worth buying for mobile game addicts. I played NFS Underground in my friend's W200i and its not bad at all. Its actually good. And I browsed by wordpress.com blog in opera mini and had absolutely no issues. I particularly loved that bundled app which allowed you to take pics of people and distort their faces. Its AWESOME. :D

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Games yes. Opera Mini no. Mini itself might run faster, but without EDGE and having plain old GPRS the page loading won't be that fast, not to mention downloads.

Is there a CDMA version of W200i ?

Anyway, my friend told me he got a W200i for Rs. 4410/- including taxes and got a free 1GB memory card and a free stereo speaker set (with inbuilt subwoofers) worth 1.6K which directly connect to the phone.

Another of my friends found the W200i for 3.8K at a local store.

Do they make the W200i look better ?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^lolucrazy? :p
Is there a CDMA version of W200i ?

Anyway, my friend told me he got a W200i for Rs. 4410/- including taxes and got a free 1GB memory card and a free stereo speaker set (with inbuilt subwoofers) worth 1.6K which directly connect to the phone.

Another of my friends found the W200i for 3.8K at a local store.

Do they make the W200i look better ?

No there is no CDMA version. Actually there is no CDMA phone from SE at all.

W200i comes in two versions, one with the speaker and one without. I don't know what you mean by "Do they make the W200i look better?" but they do make it sound better.

Btw the speakers don't have subwoofer in them. They are just standard full-range drivers. Subwoofers cannot be that small as then they won't be able to move much air with their smaller diaphragm. A proper subwoofer starts from 6 inch and beyond. Anything smaller is just FAIL!

^^What I asked was, does the speaker offer make the W200i look like a better option than 3110c ?

And whats the sound quality difference between the two phones ?

Does the walkman phone really live upto its expectations ? I have a walkman myself (the original kind) and I think its still awesome in sound quality and its earphones absolutely rock. Does the W200i come close ? And how is 3110c compared to that ?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Dont compare it with nokia 3110 it has poor music quality Than se
No it doesn't. :rolleyes:

^^What I asked was, does the speaker offer make the W200i look like a better option than 3110c ?

And whats the sound quality difference between the two phones ?

Does the walkman phone really live upto its expectations ? I have a walkman myself (the original kind) and I think its still awesome in sound quality and its earphones absolutely rock. Does the W200i come close ? And how is 3110c compared to that ?
The speakers only turn the W200i into a mini jukebox. But it in no way compensates for the lack of Bluetooth, EDGE and the poor camera and display. So overall 3110c is still better.

Sound quality wise both are pretty much the same. All S40 phones have good quality music. It's just that SE supplies it's phones with better accessories, like a better headset or the speakers which creates a general impression amongst the general public (^^^) that SE phones sound better. No doubt straight out-of-the-box SE phones are better for music, but if are willing to spend a bit on the 3110c by buying some better quality headphones and such then you can get similar great music quality.

Walkmans are generally good sounding phones. Once upon a time they used to be the best in the business. But SE who were enjoying the success of their music phones were resting on their laurels and failed to notice that the other manufacturers were fast catching up to them and then actually managed to surpass them. Even when they did notice all that they did was make some software tweaks instead of improving the hardware, which is what the others did. Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, LG all have better sounding phones in their arsenal than even the best sounding Walkman phone out there. Consequently SE is no longer the best in terms of sound quality.

Sony's Walkman players are still some of the best sounding players out there in the market. But sadly SE's Walkman phones don't quite live up to the reputation.

^^And the Java Engine ? S40 phones have inferior java than SE, don't they ? Why is it ?

And I feel bundled gear really DOES determine quality. I mean, if you buy Creative EP630 for 3110c, it would mean an additional 800 rupees.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Java has always been a weak point of S40 phones. Why it is, I don't have any idea but comparatively SE phones are better.

Java has always been a weak point of S40 phones. Why it is, I don't have any idea but comparatively SE phones are better.
But doesn't java make all the difference ? Because in real world, people don't buy smartphones to run apps, they just buy a cheap java capable phone to run an application out of the repository of countless java apps found online.

Anyway, WHAT is the level of java weakness in S40 phones ? For example, comparing 3110c and W200i. Give an example to show java's weak performance with nokia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom