Best SE walkman phone around 5k

Status
Not open for further replies.

v4u_luv2004

Broken In
yes ryt buddy but still i'll never suggest abv ones its all good on d paper only..
may b u shud try using it then u'll realize... btwn camera sucks of this fones n has got small screens too but rest is upto u n 3110c retails at 4200 bucks alongvth 512mb card, thr's an option for unlimited contacts n messages while in lg n sony its limited just beat that!!

Small screen ? 3110c, W388, W200i, KG195 all have same 128x160 screen, and I can even read my wordpress.com blog comfortably on such a screen (I checked with my friend's W200i loaded with opera mini).

And what about the Java lag on 3110c ? Actually I was considering getting Nokia 5130 XpressMusic, because it will come in January 2009 for 5.6K with 2" QVGA screen, 2.0MP camera and a lot of excellent features. But the thing I look for the most in a mobile, ability to add great apps, and help me use the phone as a sandbox for my studying java programming, can't be done well on the phone and I felt its not good enough for the investment.

v4u_luv2004

Broken In
sorry on that part i made a mistake but as far ur requirements r concerned this fones r not meant 4 u dude bcos they r just a basic fones n nothin else n i dont thnk 5310 is coming for 5.6K its been priced btwn 7-8k its already been released but yet to hit Indian stores n u r talking abt lot of excellent features in 5130??? :eek:
i'm afraid i dont c any vch features u r considering anyway!!!
N dude if u r really looking to add gr8 app in ur mobile then certainly these r not d fones u shud b even lookin at.. 5130 is based on s40 platform so u'll b able to add only java games n apps n that too basic ones i wud strongly suggest u to buy one s60 fone bcos that only can serve ur purpose as thr's an endless possibility n nevertheless 5130 just looks a cheap ripoff of 5320xm infact 5320 is wat u shud b lukin at bcos it beats most of d high-end fones in speed including n95 it only lacks in 3D department but thats negotiable as thr's a huge diff. in d prices of n95 n 5320...

wel, S40 will have to do because for cheap phones, java is the only choice.

5130 is actually a replacement for 5300, and easily beats it. Price is a bit high now due to supply demand gap, which is expected to normalise by january. But I don't want nokia because nokia's java is not god and I play several java games.

Anyways, whats diff b/w w200i and kg195 which make kg195 suck ? Exactly WHY does it suck ?

Bump. This is slightly important for me since I want to reduce the amount I am spending. Is LG KG195 worth spending cash on ? For 3.5K ? How does it perform with 2GB memory ? With 4GB memory ? Both while playing java games like street football ? Does it hang ? Is the four-way navigation key comfortable to use ? How is sound quality ?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
sound quality is descent. bundled headphones are crap and looks also crap.. vga camera is good... 2 gb never used 1gb it works good.. java games never player on it navigation is good.........

I don't mind looks as long as build is good.
What kind of earphone slot is present ?
And in what way is bundled earphone crap ?
How is LG's Java reputation ?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
well it's my friend who own so i will confirm the port...

mm earphones are not good in sound as well as looks.. looks like RS 50 earphones... like china crap ..

LG'S java reputation: never owned a lg you better ask others here....

And yea last thing is it's bluetooth sucks slow slow slow......

Last edited:
Well, I hardly use bluetooth. My main purpose is Java, Internet (Opera Mini) and Music.

W200i does 'em all fine for me, so I need an alternative for it in its same price range (3.5K) which uses MicroSD memory because I am not the type of guy who would agree spending 1000 on just 2GB memory.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
listen the screen there in w200i is UBC and not TFT and that sucks ...

the best one here was 3110 don't know why you don't want to buy it ...... ?

it comes bundled with around 512mb card you can sell that card and buy your 1 gb....

3110C sounds better than many of the phones out there ...........

between lg kg195 has dedicated capture key lol

Between you can even buy W300I you will find in some stores it is a complete 3110 c by SE with walkman and great looks...........

Screen in W200i sucks ? Well, since I am able to comfortably use it for a duration of half an hour reading some of my friends' blogs, I suppose all other phones with a similar sized screen would feel better than it. Right ????

And what about 3110c's Java issues ? I have never ever used a Nokia S40 phone till now, but people keep saying things about 3110c's poor java performance. If it does not have any such issues, I may even be able to cough up an extra 2K and get the 5130 XpressMusic (the replacement to the 5310XpressMusic) which is releasing in January in India along with 5800 XpressMusic.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
And what about 3110c's Java issues ? I have never ever used a Nokia S40 phone till now, but people keep saying things about 3110c's poor java performance. If it does not have any such issues, I may even be able to cough up an extra 2K and get the 5130 XpressMusic (the replacement to the 5310XpressMusic) which is releasing in January in India along with 5800 XpressMusic.

who said 3110C has java issues must go and bang his head on wall three times........

the phone is the best one out there java is no problem dude.............

old s40 used to have problem maybe.....

3110C is new and i think recently it got itself a firmware update .............

Well AKSHAYY owns one w200i ask about that crap.......

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
5130XM and 5320XM seem to be some of the best offerings by Nokia at the moment IMO... Both are different price ranges.

^^Well, 5130 is a replacment for the 5310, while 5320 stays where it is.

I still wish the 5130 came in slide though. But on the positive side, candybar means one can get a good external casing.

And yeah, how is XpressMusic earphone quality compared to W200i ? What about 3110c ? To get a decent earphone for 3110c, whats the minimum cash to spend ?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
^^Well, 5130 is a replacment for the 5310, while 5320 stays where it is.

I still wish the 5130 came in slide though. But on the positive side, candybar means one can get a good external casing.

And yeah, how is XpressMusic earphone quality compared to W200i ? What about 3110c ? To get a decent earphone for 3110c, whats the minimum cash to spend ?

RS 200 creative EP 50 good bass + sounds good ( better than hpm 65 by SE)

3110C sounds similar ( somewhat better ) than K550I ................

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!

what lol have you used both the phones ? i own k550i and my friend own 3110C

3110 c sounds better than N73 ,

i have used 3110 c with 2.5 to 3.5 mm jack and have used EP50 with it

and k550i with its hpm 65

3110c sounds better it's because of earphone or phone whatever....

k550i is crap in music............... ( modding excluded.... )

@ dream is there any new cam driver available cyber shot ( k550i ) does not takes better pics than walkman ( w810i ) and that sucks.....

Last edited:
RS 200 creative EP 50 good bass + sounds good ( better than hpm 65 by SE)
3110C sounds similar ( somewhat better ) than K550I ................
EP-50 ? ny gud retailer in b'lore ?
is it 3.5nm ? will it fit in 3110c ?
@MetalheadGautam
How a 5-6k phone (5130) be a replacement for a fairly new set costing 9-10k (5310) . . ?
see both's config before asking that question. 5130 is almost ekjacketeley the same as 5310 in config, but instead of slide its candybar.

*www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=2569&idPhone1=2087

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom