best pc assembels for gaming..

shamantak

Broken In
hi guys i am planning to assemble a cpu... So i need better suggestions for choosing motherbords,ram,graphic card(2gb).
I need core i3 2nd gen. So which mother board is best?
And about graphic cards whether Nvidea or ati? 2gb.
How much ram i have to put?
And a HDD too. 500gb or more.

My budget it only till 16,000/- INR.pls suggest with price.
(I need a price details of components)

doomgiver

Warframe
1. fill this up
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html

2. dont look at the ram of a graphics card.

3. amd will be better for your budget

4. ati gpu

5. 2-4 gb, depends

6. 1 tb hdd is cheap

7. did i mention, fill up this??
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html

doomgiver

Warframe
fill up the bleeding template and post it here. we cant help unless we know more.

also, have you used any amd product before?

OP
S

shamantak

Broken In
'yes' i have used AMD thats why i told in my area AMD get a moisture problem so i am going for inel..
So need better suggestions on mother boards... Whether i should go for intel mother boards or Asus or Bios-star... Or any other best which can also be helpful for future upgrades...

Cilus

laborare est orare
Moisture problem occurs with motherboard due to their build quality issues, irrespective of their supported CPU type, AMD or Intel.
Our forum member Vickybat has suffered this moisture issue with his Intel P55QL motherboard and his board is now with Intel service center guys. It is not specific to any particular brand.
Get a quality mobo from Asus, Gigabyte or MSI to reduce the chance of these kind of issues.
At a budget of 16K, a Sandybridge Core i3 CPU and mobo, 500 GB HDD, 2GB Graphics card and good amount of ram is simply not posible. You have to sacrifise in some areas. So please fill up the PC Building Template as suggested by other members.

OP
S

shamantak

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If
you are planning to say multimedia, you will
have to be more specific as all types of systems
are capable of doing that)
A: multimedi and hardcore gaming.
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products
giving similar better performance but offering
more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: ?!
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:16000 to 18000 INR
4. Planning to overclock?
A: over clock?
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: win xp
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500gb or 1tb if price will be in budget
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats
the size of the screen you want? If you already
want have one and want to use it, mention its
resolution and size.
A: I use it on my tv with(sharp) HDMI.
8. How would you rate your hardware
knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the
lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with
the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 3
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will
this be done by an assembler?
A: no
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: on december 15th or before
11. Are you one of the types looking out for
"future proof" configurations?
A: yes.
12. Are there going to be any components that
you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes,
do mention.
A: a dvd writer.
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to
buying from shops from other city/states?
A: I live in kumta town, karnataka, india.
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: motherboard and processos should sustain the loads of hardcore games.! :D

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Athlon II X2 250|2750
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1)|2800
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-2GBNT|750
Graphic Card |Sapphire 6790|7800
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12|2150
PSU |FSP Saga II 500W|2300
Case |Zebronics Bijli(w/o psu)|1200
| Total |19950

you need a UPS?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Yes, the cheapest Sandybridge i3 2100 is priced at 5.6K and a decent H67 mobo will cost you around 4.5K. So the processor + Motherboard alone will cost you 10.1K. Now accomodating all the other components within 8k is simply not possible.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
I have not read anywhere that AMD has moisture problem.......

And AMD is best for budget like yours Intel is for those who can pay a lot.....

Go with what Jassy has recommended....

I think you still will get an Intel i3 with compromising with a Cheap Cabby+PSU combo... Don't ignore the expert recommendation...

OP
S

shamantak

Broken In
The 2 to 3 best local dealers said that 95 percent of customers get moisture problem... Either in month or a 2weeks after buying. 'The above suggested assembels are best' said by my local dealer when i showed these replies. but he is saying that problem will come if i buy it... Because in the time of our discus 2 customers came with AMD problem after testing dealer told its moisture problem it was only few week they buyed that pc. thanks to all who replied....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
lol at your dealers. do a poll about moisture problem with AMD config here & your doubts will get answered by itself :smile:

and most problems are not with the motherboard, but the crap psu they use.

guru_urug

iGoogle
Hmm..Moisture doesnt see AMD cpu and say I'll attack it coz dealer says so! If anything ,moisture should have pity on AMD after bulldozer fiasco :p
Dont listen to these stupid dealers... Hmm did u notice the difference in the prices of intel SB and AMD procys...maybe it has sumting to do with tht ;-) For 18k intel build wont be feasible.

Id say go for either HD6770 or HD6850.
"The 6790 is a flustercluck of basically defective parts reused to fill a niche. The 6790 is in essence a 6870 with defective parts deactivated." The 6790 is high on power requirements and has a high TDP too and performance is slightly better than the 6770, So get it if only u get a very good deal. Else again u are better off paying little more for 6850 and gaining lot more performance in return.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
The 2 to 3 best local dealers said that 95 percent of customers get moisture problem... Either in month or a 2weeks after buying. 'The above suggested assembels are best' said by my local dealer when i showed these replies. but he is saying that problem will come if i buy it... Because in the time of our discus 2 customers came with AMD problem after testing dealer told its moisture problem it was only few week they buyed that pc. thanks to all who replied....

Give a damn to whatever the local dealers say. At your budget, AMD is the best option. Lots of forum members are using AMD based systems without any problem. And do get a quality PSU by any means.

OP
S

shamantak

Broken In
ok guys if AMD gives that much great performence then i go with it whatever it may happen i am not that much good at hardware so the problem will be psu...! K thanks guys i ll choose one of above and i wish it will not give me problem

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Id say go for either HD6770 or HD6850.
"The 6790 is a flustercluck of basically defective parts reused to fill a niche. The 6790 is in essence a 6870 with defective parts deactivated." The 6790 is high on power requirements and has a high TDP too and performance is slightly better than the 6770, So get it if only u get a very good deal. Else again u are better off paying little more for 6850 and gaining lot more performance in return.

it is not a bad card. fills spot between 6770 and 6850 nicely.

please go through these -
AMD Radeon HD 6790 1GB Video Card Review - The AMD Radeon HD 6790 Graphics Card - Legit Reviews
AnandTech - AMD's Radeon HD 6790: Coming Up Short At $150
Sapphire Radeon HD 6790 Graphics Card Review - Introduction

about power consumption its not a problem. its just around 6850.

but yes if op can spend 1.7k more then 6850 is wroth it.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everything depends on pricing. If 6790 is priced closer to 6850, its a no brainer. ;)

Top Bottom