Best Old School PC Games

Rockstar11

Technomancer
After just reading a post about how good games these days are being determined by hows great they look in the graphics department, I just wanted to drop a nostalgic post about why a good game is all down to game play, immersion, atmostphere and old school innovation.

The purpose of this post is too just discuss the merits of the old greats of the PC gaming era - Im interested to see peoples thoughts on the topic and what they think were great old school games and what made these games stand out amoung the multitude.

my fav old game is.

*www.oldschooldos.com/screens/dangerousdave.png
Dangerous Dave

*3.bp.blogspot.com/_tIBwUT__kkQ/SfH1aPPfLmI/AAAAAAAAAuQ/ou9fuZooWr4/s320/prince_of_persia-2.jpg
Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame

*www.oldschooldos.com/screens/roadrash-game2.jpg
Roadrash

*www.mdofpc.com/onlinestore/images/Commandos%20Behind%20Enemy%20Lines%20(1).jpg
Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines

*images.1888freeonlinegames.com/download-games/commandos-beyond-the-call-of-duty/download-commandos-beyond-the-call-of-duty-screenshot.jpg
Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty

*cdn1.spong.com/screen-shot/d/e/desperados39316/_-Desperados-Wanted-Dead-or-Alive-PC-_.jpg
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive

*media.gamerevolution.com/images/games/pc/drakan_order_of_the_flame/drakan_order_of_the_flame_005.jpg
Drakan: Order of the Flame

*t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2Zs0vqwKNyGYqnHQQg1Nx1AUBmFkrfYnezDktWjfZsMinPg__&t=1
Prince of Persia 3D

*www.gamegoldies.org/old_game_files/2009/07/delta-force/thumbs/player-delta-force-gun.JPEG
Delta Force 1

Urban Chaos

post ur best old pc game. :)

Last edited:

lm2k

Journeyman
After just reading a post about how good games these days are being determined by hows great they look in the graphics department, I just wanted to drop a nostalgic post about why a good game is all down to game play, immersion, atmostphere and old school innovation.

The purpose of this post is too just discuss the merits of the old greats of the PC gaming era - Im interested to see peoples thoughts on the topic and what they think were great old school games and what made these games stand out amoung the multitude.

my fav old game is.

*www.mdofpc.com/onlinestore/images/Commandos%20Behind%20Enemy%20Lines%20(1).jpg
Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines

*images.1888freeonlinegames.com/download-games/commandos-beyond-the-call-of-duty/download-commandos-beyond-the-call-of-duty-screenshot.jpg
Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty

*cdn1.spong.com/screen-shot/d/e/desperados39316/_-Desperados-Wanted-Dead-or-Alive-PC-_.jpg
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive

*media.gamerevolution.com/images/games/pc/drakan_order_of_the_flame/drakan_order_of_the_flame_005.jpg
Drakan: Order of the Flame

*t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2Zs0vqwKNyGYqnHQQg1Nx1AUBmFkrfYnezDktWjfZsMinPg__&t=1
Prince of Persia 3D

post ur best old pc game. :)

Are these games that much old? Coz even now I really love these more than the recent ones!
I remember my dad used to run a game on his dos pc with black and white screen for me in which we had to control a anti aircraft canon and kill aircrafts passing over ,anybody knows its name? It ran from a floppy
And yes command and conquer yuris revenge and some nestopia games like contra

gameranand

Living to Play
Sam said:
i was about to tell this. good tactical gameplay but really really hard.
Well I didn't found it that hard but yes it was not easy at all. Planning and executing the tactics was fun for me. My whole crew survived the whole game. None of em died at all :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Well I didn't found it that hard but yes it was not easy at all. Planning and executing the tactics was fun for me. My whole crew survived the whole game. None of em died at all :)

maybe you are used to playing these kind of tactical game. i have played (or tried playing) GRAW & failed. so this is not something for me.

gameranand

Living to Play
Sam said:
maybe you are used to playing these kind of tactical game. i have played (or tried playing) GRAW & failed. so this is not something for me.
Yes you can say that because I have played GRAW also and loved it and none of my squad members died in any mission at all. I loved Rainbow Six series also and loved it. I like squad based tactical games.

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
Prince 2 was good but not as fluid as the first one.
I too love Half Life. One of the greatest game Ever!

Rishab2oo

Keep honking I'm reloadin
Chess-Master 2100, Roadrash and Pac-Man.
I still love to play Pac-Man, it's one of my favorite games

Alok

Adventurer
Started Gaming when i was in 4th..

Prince of Persia 1 & 2
Super Mario Bros.
Dave
Aladdin
Lion King
Virtua Cop 2
Road Rash
Midtown Madness