Best Internet Security Suite of 2008???

Which is the Best Internet Security Suite???

• BitDefender Internet Security

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • McAfee Internet Security

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Norton Internet Security

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • CA Internet Security

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F-Secure Internet Security

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • PC-cillin Internet Security

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ZoneAlarm Internet Security

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Kaspersky Internet Security

Votes: 54 54.5%
  • Others

Votes: 22 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
go4saket

go4saket

Well, I still consider KIS to be the best, but as of now I am using ESET Smart Security. One thing that I like the most about this software is the low resource it demands. Its really very light on system.

BTW, there is a small doubt with regard to this. The problem is that as soon as I connect my computer to the net, within a sec or two, ESET shows that all definitions are updated. How is this possible. I am sure that even to check weather or not all signatures are up to date, its going to take a few seconds, forget about updating it.

Is it that its giving me false update status. When I check "About" in help menu, where it shows the date of all kinds of definitions, it does recent dates, but the time in which it updates doesnt settle in my mind.

Is there any other way to check weather or not the definitions are actually up to date.

BTW, I am using ESET Smart Security 3.0.621.0

Yes, and thats what I've done..............:D

As soon as I removed Trend Micro, the Add Remove Programs which used to take 10 minutes to open, started opening in a flash. My computer used to take a lot lot lot of time to boot, after uninstallation, it started to boot quickly........ Also, as far as Virus detection was concerned it was decent and I was happy with Trend Micro. The only reason because of which I uninstalled it was because it was a Resource Hog for me........

Also, please don't think that guys here blindly post their opinions without even trying softwares.

Firstly you need to realise that we are in the year 2008 - so ive no clue why do you even have to talk about trend micro 2007!?

Secondly you need to look up the topic - it clearly says "Best Internet Security Suite of 2008 " so why in the effing world you have to talk about Pc_trend micro 2007?

Thirdly i am currently using trend micro Internet security suite 2008 Pro on a P3 600 and Kaspersky on my core 2 duo laptop- and you are even talking about it being a resource hog !! For what ever reasons you had any problems with it - ive no clue - i had also used the trend micro 2007 Internet security suite , there was a some issue with it in the month of Jan-Feb which i guess was sorted out there after none that i know and it worked all fine till that year end.

So you see how much blindly have you been posting and voting without even realising the topic in question here !!

Please try out trend micro 2008 pro and get back to me !! till then cheers with your view !!

This is going to answer you once and for all.......:D The best answer you can get from me.......... Yes, I've tried Trend Micro........

Friend, should I also post the photo of the BOX of the software??? If you want, I can surely post........:D

Also, Trend Micro was the first company to provide 3 user licenses at the cost of just one.......

Yes, and thats what I've done..............:D

As soon as I removed Trend Micro, the Add Remove Programs which used to take 10 minutes to open, started opening in a flash. My computer used to take a lot lot lot of time to boot, after uninstallation, it started to boot quickly........ Also, as far as Virus detection was concerned it was decent and I was happy with Trend Micro. The only reason because of which I uninstalled it was because it was a Resource Hog for me........

Also, please don't think that guys here blindly post their opinions without even trying softwares.

First and foremost this is surely the best ever answer you can give .. and yes you have tried trend micro 2007 and your are shooting at trend micro 2008 product - you need to look up the topic before you, even think you know best !! would it be fair to compare kaspersky latest version with an older product of trend micro !?

For what ever reasons you had any problems with Trend micro 2007 ive no clue - i have used it on my P3 600 without any issues.

And lastly, i will ask my friend ( nicked name The kaspersky guy ) to post his experience about kaspersky - he was a kaspersky fan until a few days ago - even with the latest kaspersky antivirus - his computer got infected with 28 viruses - and kaspersky neither did proactively stop it nor did it detect any of them inspite of scanning !!! ever since he moved to Nod32 and it removed all 28 but one !!!

He will soon post the details of all the virus he found on his computer with kaspersky running on his system !!! so much for kaspersky.

clmlbx

Technomancer
@ gagandeep

I am using trend micro from last three years and I can say that it is not at all resource hog.......specially 2008 ver.

2008 ver is a gift from company as I was the beta tester.......:D :D :D :D :D

best ...................only one problem...... I have shifted to x64 and it does not support 64 bit.:( :( :( :( :(

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@ gagandeep

I am using trend micro from last three years and I can say that it is not at all resource hog.......specially 2008 ver.

2008 ver is a gift from company as I was the beta tester.......:D :D :D :D :D

best ...................only one problem...... I have shifted to x64 and it does not support 64 bit.:( :( :( :( :(

I was the first guy to upload its torrent to Demonoid or I should say on the whole Internet.......:p :evil:
I had been using it right from the 2006 version.....Wait...I'm uploading the photograph of the box.....2006 was the best version. It was damn light on resources. 2007 was the real hogger. 2008 was less but still slowed my computer down. I had observed a considerable amount of performance change after I uninstalled Trend Micro IS. Also, I was pretty happy with its scanning speed.

But as far my system is concerned...
1.5Ghz Pentium 4, 1GB SD RAM, 40GB(5400rpm) + 80GB(7200rpm) HDD....It was a resource hog for me.....

==============================
Firstly you need to realise that we are in the year 2008 - so ive no clue why do you even have to talk about trend micro 2007!?

Secondly you need to look up the topic - it clearly says "Best Internet Security Suite of 2008 " so why in the effing world you have to talk about Pc_trend micro 2007?

Are you stupid or what??
Didn't you see this:
*img359.imageshack.us/img359/5710/seethis2uq1.jpg

I was offered a free upgrade to Trend Micro Internet Security 2008.......and I had downloaded it.......So, I've also used 2008. And yes, do see the date. Probably earlier than you even started using Trend Micro IS 2008......

First and foremost this is surely the best ever answer you can give .. and yes you have tried trend micro 2007 and your are shooting at trend micro 2008 product - you need to look up the topic before you, even think you know best !! would it be fair to compare kaspersky latest version with an older product of trend micro !?
@hacker.kracker
Again I say, "Please don't think that guys here blindly post their opinions without even trying softwares."...I'm not one of the members of the forum who post about what they don't know.....

kanwaljeet4u

Broken In
IMO NOD32 + Comodo Pro, The best combination till date although Kaspersky Internet Security is the best security suite available in the market.

Guys! Please avoid McAfee, it's the worst AV or IS.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
IMO NOD32 + Comodo Pro, The best combination till date although Kaspersky Internet Security is the best security suite available in the market.

Guys! Please avoid McAfee, it's the worst AV or IS.
Lol...:lol:
You just think like me. :D Even I'm using NOD32 + Comodo...

You also say that Kaspersky is the best and also to avoid McAfee.....

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
So... any1 supporting Bitdefender.... is it detectin the max viruses... those small ones.. like xmss.exe.... iexpl...
I need a definite conclusion for 2008.... kaspersky or bitdefender?

For Paid version category::p

:DBitdefender is better than KIS...

although :eek: KIS is also gr8.....

I wud give :cool:gold award to Bitdefender(rank 1)

& :rolleyes:silver award to KIS (rank 2)

:arrow: dont ever use Bitdefender free edition....for free edition use avast(good ) or AVG

kanwaljeet4u

Broken In
Lol...:lol:
You just think like me. :D Even I'm using NOD32 + Comodo...

You also say that Kaspersky is the best and also to avoid McAfee.....

Yup, beacuse I am using KIS in my desktop from last One and a half year without any problem. I am also using NOD32 and Comodo in my laptop from last 1 year and their performance, intrusion prevention, scanning, virus and spyware detection is just phenomenal. Simply, THE BEST Combination! :)

I've had too many bitter experiences with McAfee and Norton in the past. Words can't describe my pain, I just hate McAfee and Norton...:mad:

Last edited:
T

The Conqueror

Kaspersky is,was,and will be in future also The best security Suite :razz:

@hullap : What about some applications and softwares which cant be run in linux??

kanwaljeet4u

Broken In
whats "ROFLMAO" :confused:

I have checked NOD32 site...they r giving trial copy of NOD32 3.0 &
ESET Smart Security so..which is good among these 2...4 home users...:cool:

ROFLMAO (Rolling On the Floor Laughing and Laughing My A** Off. Because there were different smileys in your each post, that's hilarious. :D

Use NOD32 3.0 with Comodo firewall.

Are you stupid or what??
Didn't you see this:

*img359.imageshack.us/img359/5710/seethis2uq1.jpg

I was offered a free upgrade to Trend Micro Internet Security 2008.......and I had downloaded it.......So, I've also used 2008. And yes, do see the date. Probably earlier than you even started using Trend Micro IS 2008......

@hacker.kracker
Again I say, "Please don't think that guys here blindly post their opinions without even trying softwares."...I'm not one of the members of the forum who post about what they don't know.....

Now as far as who stupid is, is for everyone here to decide.

Firstly you ought to read your post before you even post them - is there any indication in your initial post, that you even tried trend micro pro 2008 !? You have posted up two snap shot, the first one is of trend micro Internet suite 2007 ( irrelevant one ) and a second one as above here in, which does in no way indicate that you have tried it, nor have you mentioned so in the earlier post.

Secondly your other snapshot of trend micro Internet security suite 2007 - the date of the antivirus expiry and the email date dont match - at least i cant figure it out, thought all licenses were generally valid for a year - so now who so ever is stupid !! and in certain terms you are surely not one of the members of the forum who post about what they know - so much for stupidity ... while i take a walk.

And lastly to just remind you, am not here to enter into a battle of wits with you, sorry i dont attack anyone who is unarmed, and i am not pretty lame to call anyone stupid, so so please be advised its some time best to place your teeth before your tongue !!

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Now as far as who stupid is, is for everyone here to decide.

Firstly you ought to read your post before you even post them - is there any indication in your initial post, that you even tried trend micro pro 2008 !? You have posted up two snap shot, the first one is of trend micro Internet suite 2007 ( irrelevant one ) and a second one as above here in, which does in no way indicate that you have tried it, nor have you mentioned so in the earlier post.

Secondly your other snapshot of trend micro Internet security suite 2007 - the date of the antivirus expiry and the email date dont match - at least i cant figure it out, thought all licenses were generally valid for a year - so now who so ever is stupid !! and in certain terms you are surely not one of the members of the forum who post about what they know - so much for stupidity ... while i take a walk.

And lastly to just remind you, am not here to enter into a battle of wits with you, sorry i dont attack anyone who is unarmed, and i am not pretty lame to call anyone stupid, so so please be advised its some time best to place your teeth before your tongue !!
Digit Technology Discussion Forum

Here the License expiration date is 19th March, 2008.......This is of Trend Micro 2007.......

Then I got a free upgrade for Trend Micro IS Pro 2008 which I accepted and it would have expired again on 19th March, 2008. I had used 2008 version till December 2007 on my main XP installation. Then unsatisfied by the performance of my computer I switched to NOD32 + Comodo.

And they don't match because....

On 19 March, 2008 I installed Windows XP on my system after a format. Then in September I upgraded it to 2008 Pro. (that email came to my Yahoo ID and is deleted now). Then on 1 May, 2007.....I installed one more Windows XP which I made my main OS and as I was registering for the second time with the same serial, I was registered as the secondary user.....so I got the email for the registration secondary user.

Indeed sorry for being arrogant...

But do you expect me to give a screenshot of the year 2007 (the time in which I had used Trend Micro 2008 ) now in April 2008???...:lol:
{{Screenshot given on the next page of the thread because Demonoid is back, so is the screenshot which I had provided on my uploaded Torrent page..;)}}

Whatever you think of me whether I've used it or not....I don't care. Its not for your sake I'm posting here. I'm posting here for all the members out there.....

I don't care whether you believe on me or not......

pukke

Right off the assembly line
I use KAV and Zonealarm Firewall... gr8 combination imo. I had also tried COMODO firewall pro, but its too many pop-up alerts is frustrating...beside that its good too.

ankushkool

Youngling
another one 4 kas... reasons:

1. it has max virus detecting rate
2. efficient use of resources
3. simple offline update (this is the best feature)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom