Best Internet Security Suite of 2008???

Which is the Best Internet Security Suite???

• BitDefender Internet Security

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • McAfee Internet Security

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Norton Internet Security

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • CA Internet Security

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F-Secure Internet Security

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • PC-cillin Internet Security

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ZoneAlarm Internet Security

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Kaspersky Internet Security

Votes: 54 54.5%
  • Others

Votes: 22 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
mine came wit norton...latest....vista almost eats my system completely n watever is left is taken by Mr. Norton.....m tryin 2 change but old editions of kasp, avg etc i have of 2006 or b4 r not supported by vista.....m dead....ok my lappy is dead...not me....

ps: +1 for kasp.....avast free edition is also good...

ENjoy~!

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Never rely on one product for full security. It's the best combo that makes the lethal security. Avira AntiVir + Webroot Antispyware + ZoneAlarm Firewall is working best for me.

tech_lover

Journeyman
If thats the case, why not use KAV+Spysweeper+ZA Firewall.... Nothing beats this combination, right?

ZA and KAV are not compatible. But you can use NOD32, spysweeper and ZA firewall. if you instal ZASS and Webroot there will be problems as you go on, specially if you have real time protection of spysweeper on.

^offtopic
does anyone of you use hardware firewall? any comments on its usefulness and availability?

Last edited:
OP
go4saket

go4saket

ZA and KAV are not compatible. But you can use NOD32, spysweeper and ZA firewall. if you instal ZASS and Webroot there will be problems as you go on, specially if you have real time protection of spysweeper on.

Who said ZA and KAV are not compatible. I used ZA+KAV+Spy Sweeper for about two years and never faced any problem, may that be in terms of compatibility or security. Its just that this combination turns out to be very heavy on system and so I thought of turning towards a Security Suite...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who said ZA and KAV are not compatible. I used ZA+KAV+Spy Sweeper for about two years and never faced any problem, may that be in terms of compatibility or security. Its just that this combination turns out to be very heavy on system and so I thought of turning towards a Security Suite...
I think he is talking about the compatibility of KAV7 and ZoneAlarm Firewall. KAV7 is incompatible with a lot of other softwares.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

I think he is talking about the compatibility of KAV7 and ZoneAlarm Firewall. KAV7 is incompatible with a lot of other softwares.

KAV 6 with ZA 6
KAV 6 with ZA 7
KAV 7 with ZA 6
KAV 7 with ZA 7

I have tried all these combinations and all are absolutely compatible.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
plz recon me for vista....ofcourse has compatibility issues....kav7 is fine n do i need another firewall program or vista inbuilt firewall + win defender is gud enuf...n wat abt anti-spywares

Enjoy~!

utsav

damn busy...
plz recon me for vista....ofcourse has compatibility issues....kav7 is fine n do i need another firewall program or vista inbuilt firewall + win defender is gud enuf...n wat abt anti-spywares

Enjoy~!

why r u putting this enjoy at the end of ur posts.do u mean that ENJOY with viruses

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Just installed KAV+ZA Pro. Do I need a separate Anti-Spyware software or will the inbuilt Anti-Spyware in both the above softwares do the needful. The only problem is after installing these both, by system has become reasonably slow. Is there a way to improve the performance???

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I use McAfee Virus Scan Plus. Been using it for two years now. Its good, only problem is it consumes a little more RAM :) As I have one GB RAM (I think most PCs do now) I have no problems.

I want to know who the hell voted for McAfee Internet Security......

It is completely crap and better stay away from it. It can't even detect common viruses and bloats your system like anything.

Edit: Sorry for being rude. My personal experience has been very pathetic with McAfee.

And please note I am a licensed user. If you use licensed and fully patched Windows, and updated the scan engine and signatures of McAfee regularly, and still had problems, then you are justified in your complaint.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@NucleusKore
My school had McAfee 2006. It didn't even use to detect common worms like Brontok and the school computers used to crawl. But I agree that it wasn't updated. The school computers had 256MB RAM. Other AVs like Kaspersky & NOD32 perfectly work in 256MB RAM. NOD32 even rocks in 128MB RAM.

As far as McAfee 2007 was concerned, it used to bloat my computer like anything when I had tried it for a week. Anyways, I am using fully licensed NOD32 which is a lakh times better than McAfee. I don't know much about the new version 2008. I even have 1GB of RAM.

IMHO, I had never thought that NOD32 will be so good as I had never heard about the name of the company ESET. But when I tried, I was completely blown and tried and bought it. Biggies like Norton and McAfee are good for nothing.

Also, licensed and pirated Windows doesn't make much difference. But I agree that the updates make a lot of difference.

It has the most features compared to any of the Internet Security even Kaspersky but it is a Resource Hog.
I have in the past used norton, mcafee. I am currently using trend micro internet security suite pro 2008 and kaspersky on my laptop.

Mr gagandeep have you even tried trend micro before calling it a resource Hog - i am using in on my P3 600 - and its works like magic.

Its know, that kaspersky has always received the best reviews - but my own experiences isnt a happy one - a friend of mine had used kaspersky antivirus on his high end PC; +vista ultimate - and when he tired trend micro Internet security suite 2007, after uninstalling kaspersky - trend micro detected about 4 spywares in the system volume!!

That was not all - Kaspersky took two+ hours, while trend micro completed in 20min for a full scan ( vista ultimate; 2Gb ram ) - am bit surprised how everyone places kaspersky in such high glory!

Ive been using trend micro since about a year or more - i havnt encountered any problems what so ever - i am also using lavasoft's ad-aware + ad-watch on my P3 - so far it hasnt detected any problems at all.

And so i would give trend micro a prefect 10. Its about time people try as many antivirus before jumping the gun.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mr gagandeep have you even tried trend micro before calling it a resource Hog - i am using in on my P3 600 - and its works like magic.
This is going to answer you once and for all.......:D The best answer you can get from me.......... Yes, I've tried Trend Micro........

*img371.imageshack.us/img371/6973/seethisey9.jpg

*img359.imageshack.us/img359/5710/seethis2uq1.jpg

Friend, should I also post the photo of the BOX of the software??? If you want, I can surely post........:D

Also, Trend Micro was the first company to provide 3 user licenses at the cost of just one.......

Its about time people try as many antivirus before jumping the gun.
Yes, and thats what I've done..............:D

As soon as I removed Trend Micro, the Add Remove Programs which used to take 10 minutes to open, started opening in a flash. My computer used to take a lot lot lot of time to boot, after uninstallation, it started to boot quickly........ Also, as far as Virus detection was concerned it was decent and I was happy with Trend Micro. The only reason because of which I uninstalled it was because it was a Resource Hog for me........

Also, please don't think that guys here blindly post their opinions without even trying softwares.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom