Best Internet Security Suite of 2008???

Which is the Best Internet Security Suite???

• BitDefender Internet Security

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • McAfee Internet Security

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Norton Internet Security

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • CA Internet Security

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F-Secure Internet Security

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • PC-cillin Internet Security

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ZoneAlarm Internet Security

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Kaspersky Internet Security

Votes: 54 54.5%
  • Others

Votes: 22 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hi guys!

I know this topic has been discussed many a times before but things keep changing. So wanted to refresh it...

So, which company do you think leads in the Internet Security Suite run.

I know ZASS is in the fav. list of many. To all those who use this suite, just a word of warning. Agreed that this package has the best Firewall but is down in other fields. I know it has joined hands with KAV and include Kaspersky Signatures but unfortunately the Anti-Virus engine is bad. The same can be said for Anti-Spyware.

My personal Experience: I had ZASS in one computer and Nod32 in another, both connected through LAN. My Nod32 PC showed 17 virus in ZASS PC. So I did a full system scan in my ZASS PC but I was surprised to see no infections. Then I installed a Keylogger which was again not dedected by ZASS. After this I uninstalled ZASS and installed KAV6 & Webroot SpySweeper in the same PC. Wonder what? KAV caught all those virus that Nod32 warned and Spysweeper caught the Keylogger.

Now decide it for yourself how good ZASS is?

All I can say is ZASS is BAD...

Review : *internet-security-suite-review.toptenreviews.com/

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
+1 for Kaspersky Internet Security..........It is simply the best.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
arre yaar,use avast home edition + COMODO firewall pro.
Fu** the viruses malwares and trojans :D:D
I am using NOD32 + COMODO........
I would say to Never use avast and AVG, because they miss a lot of viruses.

If asked the best AntiVirus from me, I'll say NOD32.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

I have not any internet security suites installed in my system, so no idea.

Then stop spamming...

I tried Bitdefender today. Interface, AV & Firewall seems to be quite good. Updates are very fast but Anti-Spyware seems to be some what weak (as per a few reviews I read) although it did catch the Keylogger I had installed. It does slow down the computer.

Will try KIS today. I did try it some time back and the firewall isnt very user friendly, as to what I remember. How about system performance. Does this also impact the system performance quite a lot?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Kaspersky is light on resources as compared to other Internet Security Suites.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
i would say if you got $$$ the go for nod32 or KIS but in free department avast still rules(its boot-time scanning is just what your PC needs every once in a fortnight).Updates are too just about 50-100kb per day.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want to know who the hell voted for McAfee Internet Security......

It is completely crap and better stay away from it. It can't even detect common viruses and bloats your system like anything.

Edit: Sorry for being rude. My personal experience has been very pathetic with McAfee.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I want to know who the hell voted for McAfee Internet Security......

It is completely crap and better stay away from it. It can't even detect common viruses and bloats your system like anything.

Edit: Sorry for being rude. My personal experience has been very pathetic with McAfee.
+ 1 .. even I was sick of that crap, my laptop came "pre installed" with that crap :mad:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom