Best In-ear earphone for Samsung i450?

Status
Not open for further replies.

george101

Good Boy
guys am planning to get a 5800 for me and an i450 for my little brother, but i heard i450 cant handle earphones with more impedance, ie, high power consumption. can any1 recommend me the best set of in-ear earphone i can get for him so that the sound will be loud enough. i currently have ep630 and was told it wont b good for i450. those using i450 and those who knws abt it, plz reply

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
A friend recenty bought the i450 and also bought a pair of EP-630 and they work fine with the phone. EP-630 are very sensitive so they go very well with low power devices such as mobile phones.

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
but i was told the volume wud b low wen using an ep630. ep630 has impedance of 16 ohms

is there any in-ear earphone with high impedance, like 32 ohms and high sensitivity

chavo

Journeyman
Go for ep-630. Im using it with my i450 for last 6 months.
as our friend said ep-630 are much more sensitive. So for i450 u have many equaliser setting which includes 3d sound effects.
so if u want to get all the details from ur i450 go for ep-630. It also has very good basss.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Dude dont get ep-630 with i450 , i have a 15 day old i450 and through Ep630 sound output is really low . Whoever said ep630 works great with i450 have never used the combination . Before buying headphones for i450 you should first check that its spl (sensitivity) rating is more then 110 and impedence is less then 32 ohms .
Ep630 has impedence of 16ohms but sensitivity is 106 so volume is really lower then normal stalk headphones . I will suggest you to get sennheiser cx 300 but they are costly at around 2.5k , if you dont want to spend so much then you can get sennheiser mx 160 the are around Rs 500 and sound great but are not in ear .I am using ipod headphones and result is good .

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
thanks yar. so i should look for earphone with impedance of 16 ohm and sensitivity of >106, right? do u knw any such ear phone other than sennheiser, like sony or creative?

btw the iphone earphone u mentioned has impedance of 32 ohm!

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
^^ ya strange but iphone headphone work great on i450 but ep630 dont , it is the sensitivity rating that matters most so look for spl rating greater then 110 . I have also checked with senn mx 160 that cost me Rs 450 and they to work great but as i mentiones they are not in ear canal type .

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
btw y r u selling ur i450? and wer u frm?

check this out

Some headphones are louder than others. This is often because the speaker drivers have higher sensitivity, meaning they require less amplification power. The other specification that's worth comparing is the impedance of the speaker drivers. The lower the impedance, the less power that is required to drive the speaker and, as a result, the more volume you will get out of it.

Source

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
btw y r u selling ur i450? and wer u frm?

check this out

Source

Thats what i said low impedence and higher sensitivity = louder volume , by the way there is not much difference between 16 and 32 ohms but output changes drastically with increase in sensitivity in devices like i450 .
BY the well i will be selling my i450 if i get good price for it since resale value for samsung is very low even if it is less then 15 day old .
I want to sell it since i have previously owned a ipod touch so i am interested in a touchscreen mobile with good sound probably nokia 5800 , by the way i am from navi mumbai .

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
thanks a lot for helping me out.

but stil u didnt say y u want to sell it off, is there any problem with the fone coz i too dont want to b in ur place after buying it. do reply

abt resale value, i think nowadays no fone has good resale value even if its only some days old. i think its better u use it for atleast some 8-10 months and then sell it, u wil probably get the same price as u wud get now, if the price of the phone doesnt go down, that is...

edit: so there is no problem with the phone rite???

Last edited:

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
There is no problem with the phone its just that i have used phones like n91 and ipod touch so i had more expectations from it . I was trying to sell it since it is new and i would get a better deal , if it gets old then resale value will fall further . If you want a nice symbian phone with good sound clearity provided you use good headphones and if your budget is tight then this is the best phone in its category , even better then 5320 which was my first option .
I will post its review tomorrow along with some pictures of it so you can decide yourself .

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
do tell me if u find any in-ear earphone with low impedance and sensitivity > 110 ohms. still cant find any

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Whoever said ep630 works great with i450 have never used the combination.
I thought I mentioned in my post that my friend (who is also a colleague at the office) bought a pair of EP-630 along with his new i450. I wonder why you still deemed fit to deduce that I would have not used the two together. I usually don't make stuff out of thin air just for the sake of replying to a post.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
^^ Dude cool down , i did not ment any harm . But really , have u ever tried out the combo or its just that you have heard from your friend . Before buying i450 i too asked the same question in this forum about ep630 with i450 and everyone said that it was amazing but only after buying i450 i realized how wrong they were and i had to spend extra 1000 buks on good pair of headphones that worked good with the cell . If you dont believe me then tomorrow i will post pictures of my i450 with ep630 and also of the new headphones which i purchased .

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
do reply if u find an in-ear earphone that works perfectly with i450. i wil only buy i450 if i can find such an earphone. i will be waiting

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
But really , have u ever tried out the combo or its just that you have heard from your friend.
Of course I have heard them together! The guy sits two feet away from me in the office. I could also post a picture of the phone and the earphones together when I go to office tomorrow.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Of course I have heard them together! The guy sits two feet away from me in the office. I could also post a picture of the phone and the earphones together when I go to office tomorrow.

Then i am really surprised how you cannot figure out the low sound output through 3.5 mm jack using ep630 . Next time check out the sound through both ep630 as well as the stock usb headphones that comes with i450 then you will notice the difference . When i use ep630 with i450 on mumbai locals , the volume is so low that i am barely able to listen properly . By the way i will be posting my i450 review tomorrow since i am no able to find my usb cable of my digicam hence the delay .
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
do reply if u find an in-ear earphone that works perfectly with i450. i wil only buy i450 if i can find such an earphone. i will be waiting

I have ordered senn cx-300 from Ebay for which i have to shell out Rs 2450 . I will tell you the result . By the way i have tried senn mx-160 with i450 and the result was good ,also they are not that costly , you can get them for about 450 Rupees .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom