Best headphones under 1k?

Tarun

In the zone
hi guys i am looking for headphones under 1k(the cheaper the better) i look forward for in ears or most probably over ear headphones(haven't tried them yet but people say they are uncomfortable when used for a long stretch) i own a pair of skull candy JIB but i was not so happy with the sound quality of it they sounded similar to Samsung in-ear headphones which i got with my dads mobile(champ duos ) i m abit of ruff and tuff user for headphone and they are there in my pocket all times and most of the time the pin ending of the earphones gets screwed up as they are always in my pocket :( can some one tell me some tips how do i avoid this to happen ??

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
earphones are pretty roughed up by everyone. I got a small pouch with my latest and 6th pair of IEMs. They seem to do a good job of protecting the earphones and fit well in jeans too (well almost). After losing a few earphones its not too bad to carry a pouch. My Brainwavz M1
*t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrx2OfZNeJARPPb-I5KHKZs7WS-p0dvW4BRUyzabPIbu14gbK6GA Image from google (not mine)

If you can then try getting the Sennheiser CX180 for 1400bucks. They are the best I have heard till now. I bought two of them, one for myself and another for a friend.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
EP-630 are all bass. If you want to enjoy music you could have got Soundmagic PL-21 for around 600-700. Meelectronics M2P will be great too. I personally have a PL-30 and they are great but a little too weak on bass. I recently gifted my sister an M2P and they sounded rich and amazing. And they had awesome build quality. Even the cable seemed to be made of some kind of cloth with a transparent plastic layer on it. they cost around 900-950 bucks or less.
BTW, what are your initial review of the EP-630?

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
@Tarun
where did u buy it from? Are they genuine?

yup they are genuine buddy and with 6 months warranty (cant except better from a 400 bucks ear buds :p)
bought it from lamington road

EP-630 are all bass. If you want to enjoy music you could have got Soundmagic PL-21 for around 600-700. Meelectronics M2P will be great too. I personally have a PL-30 and they are great but a little too weak on bass. I recently gifted my sister an M2P and they sounded rich and amazing. And they had awesome build quality. Even the cable seemed to be made of some kind of cloth with a transparent plastic layer on it. they cost around 900-950 bucks or less.
BTW, what are your initial review of the EP-630?

i agree the bass is abit imbalanced but after 8 hrs of pink noise burn-in they are perfect i think the sound much better i would rate it 3.75/5

guru_urug

iGoogle
@Tarun
I live in mumbai too :-D Can u pls tell me the name of the shop? My friend was looking for earphones arnd 500 so maybe I'll give lammy a visit.

I agree the soundmagic ones are better but for Rs400 ep-630 is gr8! :)

I have 3 choices for my friend
JVC marshmallow
pl-11
ep 630

Depending on the price will decide.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
@guru: You will be the happiest with PL-11. It has plenty of bass and still has better clarity than EP-630. And I sincerely believe that if you plan to use something for months and years you should not worry about 100-150 bucks. How would you feel if you hear your friends PL-11 and realize that they are far better than your EP 630 but you didn't get them because you wanted to save 100 bucks. Rather I would say go for the PL-21. They are recommended even over the costlier PL-30.

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
That marshmellow is the lynx price afaik.
Its available for 550 bucks at pristinenote
JVC MARSHMALLOW [HA-FX34] - Rs.550.00 : Pristine Note, Shop audio, headphones, amplifier, DAC, hifi, mp3, audiophile products online store India

Sarath

iDota
marshmellows shouldn't be more than 500 or around that. 950 is just too much.

Note: For those late to this thread, marshmellows are IEMs not confectioneries :-D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^is JVC priced under 500~550...will I get it in malls coz they charge @M.R.P which will be high

my budget is only 500

Top Bottom