best gpu for 1440x900

abuzar

Journeyman
hello

hello!
guyz iam having 25000rs i want to buy a gpu but iam confused which is best for me at my resolution i wanted to play upcoming games in high settings at least on constant 30fps so, please suggest me the best gpu for me.
thank you!

current rig:

processor - intel core i5 2500k

motherbaord - intel dh67bl

ram - 4gb

monitor- acer 19inch lcd monitor (1440x900)

psu - cooler master thunder 500watt

cabinet- i ball rider gaming cabinet

hardisk - 500gb

i want my gpu to last at- least 2.5 yrs @high settings:-D

Sell your current monitor. tis will fetch you another 4-5k, increasing your total budget to 28-30k. Then get Zotac GTX760 and Dell S2240L.

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
Yes it will be. Why do you don't want to upgrade the monitor when you can easily accommodate a FHD monitor and along with 760 in your budget?

as i dont think i will see any better quality in gaming isn't it?
plus many said i have a weak mobo,PSU so i think i can make sure i can power my new gpu without any problem.

as i dont think i will see any better quality in gaming isn't it?
plus many said i have a weak mobo,PSU so i think i can make sure i can power my new gpu without any problem.

Motherboard is good if you don't overclock. You may also sell the spu and get a new one. See, you have avery good budget and parts that can be easily sold. With the increased budget, you can easily get a FHD monitor, a better PSU and a very good graphic card.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Get Sapphire hd 7950 Vapor-X at 24.5K from mdcomputers.in

You'll easily get 30+ fps at highest settings at those res. You might've to overclock the card a little for future gpu hungry games.

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
Get Sapphire hd 7950 Vapor-X at 24.5K from mdcomputers.in

You'll easily get 30+ fps at highest settings at those res. You might've to overclock the card a little for future gpu hungry games.

will my psu can support 7950hd and i can gtx 760 at 19499 rs at FK , then whicj one to buy?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get GTX 760 from Zotac as it performs similar to 7950 Boost but available at far cheaper price. For PSU, I suggest you to get a new one like Corsair GS600 or Seasonic SS12II 620.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
get the 760 cheaper than 7950 pperforms similar

regarding overkill today's ultra rig is a SLI rig not single card.

Last edited:

flyingcow

Shibe
what about 660?

is it enough for my resolution? because recently i bought a new psu so i dont want to change that again

The new one meaning other than your CM thunder 500? or is the new one CM thunder 500?
If you bought a new one, which one? and whats your new budget then??

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
The new one meaning other than your CM thunder 500? or is the new one CM thunder 500?
If you bought a new one, which one? and whats your new budget then??

no it means that the psu iam having that is cm thunder 500w i bought it 5month back.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
I'm not sure how it'll perform, but it's better than what CM used to have in past years. Still you could give it a try without overclocking the card.

Last edited:
OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
I'm not sure how it'll perform, but it's better than what CM used to have in past years. Still you could give it a try without overclocking the card. I'll do some homework and let you know if your existing psu deems fit for such gpu.

so which one to go for gtx660 or add 8k more inc psu and go with 760

Top Bottom