Best earphones in 4000 range for bass heads

OP
vikrraal

vikrraal

Broken In
In my area most of us don't know about the sound stage, mids, highs or lows etc..
We judge quality of earphone by just hearing it's thumping bass quality and looks. And whoever you ask, they will suggest SONY as it has both at reasonable prices. Nobody will spend huge money for earphones here.
But we have to increase our standards and that can be achieved by seeking the proficiency of the experts present here..
I have no standards to judge Sony products but we should also listen to the skillful members here.
That's why I'm putting so many queries here to raise my standard of knowing the music better and the +point is I'll hear the best, with spending the worthy money for it.

Sry for this long post!!

samudragupta

Youngling
check out this website Head-Fi.org - Headphone forums and reviews for audiophiles I asked a lot of members there before getting the sony...
and of course most of us DO know about soundstage...I got the sony's after alot of research and not just based on the flashy sony name....Also assuming that Indians dont know about the technical terms is wrong on your behalf... the problem is we dont have many options to choose here in India...

OP
vikrraal

vikrraal

Broken In
How many people will buy a earphone spending 10-15k here.. Very few
And I wasn't talking about India.. I was talking about in our area, in our friend group.. The guys who sell these branded IEMs also don't know about the specifications here.
Anyways Is xb30ex is good than vsonic vsd1?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If you really want to know about sound and move up the ladder,get the Denon AHC 360. It has great bass with texture speed and agility which dosnt eat up the mids and make the highs less airy.In short its musical than other bass heavy iems.

The Denons have proper service and support with customer care numbers in India and has a great build quality too.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
+1 for vsd1
Vsd1s would be my next update after c12.

After reading up some on vsd1 (and vsd1s if you are less concerned with bass and more with soundstage) I think I'll too vote for them. The ear guide and foam tips are MASSIVE additions IMHO. Irrespective of the earphones, they make a world of difference in reducing micrphonics and improving isolation. In fact one of my suggestions to SignatureAcoustics on their C-12 thread was to provide foam eartips.

Still reading though.

People compare the vsd1 to E10 as vsd1 having better bass definition, now I am beginning to wonder isnt that what the C-12s sound like ? OP since you have already tried the C12s, you pretty much know how the vsd1 will sound like. And the ear guide and foam tips - cant stress them enough personally.

PS: Mail HiFinage before ordering the vsd1 (if you settle with them) because their description indicates that the foam tips MIGHT not be shipped.

<Feeling so very good about my E10 purchase at 1300ish rupees right now :D >

OP
vikrraal

vikrraal

Broken In
That's a damn good price for E10.. Now it's around 2.5k.
I think I have settled my mind for vsd1 though by seeing those great reviews..
But no one has replied me yet about the Gr06..!! Should I invest extra to get them?

samudragupta

Youngling
How many people will buy a earphone spending 10-15k here.. Very few
And I wasn't talking about India.. I was talking about in our area, in our friend group.. The guys who sell these branded IEMs also don't know about the specifications here.
Anyways Is xb30ex is good than vsonic vsd1?

never tried the vsonic... but if you are skeptical about the sony then get the denon as mentioned by The Incinerator... they are pioneers in sound and i would second that only after sony since i dont really know about their support here... but id The Incinerator is confident about the service then go for it... after all its always trying and sharing your experience... good luck with your choice..and dont forget to share your expirience... :)

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
That's a damn good price for E10.. Now it's around 2.5k.
I think I have settled my mind for vsd1 though by seeing those great reviews..
But no one has replied me yet about the Gr06..!! Should I invest extra to get them?

From |joker|
GR02 Bass Edition: Most bass of the VSonic sets, overall v-shaped profile with more recessed mids comapred to the others. Has typical VSonic sibilance. Good if you like heavier bass and/or a more v-shaped sound; otherwise just go for one of the newer ones.

VC02: Least bass of the VSonic sets, flattest but also brightest overall. Has a little less of the typical VSonic sibilance. Good if you prioritize clarity and don't want any bass enhancement but I wouldn't recommend it over the VSD1S for the average listener.

GR06: Has a little less bass than VSD1/VSD1S but more than VC02. Has the most forward mids. Not a model I recommend with the cheaper VSD1S around.

VSD1S: in my opinion the best compromise between all of the above and the highest performer overall. A little more forgiving of sibilance than the others and has a healthy amount of bass.

Long story short (not really) - get the VSD1/VSD1S unless one of the other sets strongly fits your specific preference.

If you can wait for a week, you may want to. I am gonna order the VSD1S now :D

PS: it ends up costing 3500 INR after taxes and shipping, just keep that in mind.

Last edited:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
From |joker|

If you can wait for a week, you may want to. I am gonna order the VSD1S now :D

PS: it ends up costing 3500 INR after taxes and shipping, just keep that in mind.

Hey bro please post your opinions on VSD1S. Proper comparison with E10, C12 will be gr8 :).
Still confused between VC01, R02 Silver or VSD1S :-?
I won't be getting it before may-june due some other priorities & first I want to get SM E30.

OP
vikrraal

vikrraal

Broken In
Looking forward for your review after getting the vsd1s..
I'll order the vsd1 in this week as it has more bass than other models.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Hey bro please post your opinions on VSD1S. Proper comparison with E10, C12 will be gr8 :).
Still confused between VC01, R02 Silver or VSD1S :-?
I won't be getting it before may-june due some other priorities & first I want to get SM E30.

Sure :)

If the VSD1S is what I expect it to be, then I think I can finally retire my PL50 from the commute IEM task. E10 like signature with tighter bass, I'd love it. :)

The foam tips are confirmed and that together with the ear guide played a big part in me ordering this. There is just no way any IEM can let me have a decent experience without cutting off the external world and microphonics. Thats why the PL50 was my go to IEM for quite some time despite me not being a fan of its neutral ( or lacking ?) bass - it just isolated so damn well and was so comfortable that you could sleep with it and not feel anything odd. The very smooth sound helped too. Looks like the VSD1S has all of that and the bass of the E10 - too much to resist :> :D

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Just received the package. :)

All four foam tips are the same size and too large for me. It doesnt hurt but definitely not what I expected.

Good amount of bass, slightly less forward sounding mids than the E10, more like the C-12 in that area. Cant compare directly to the C-12 until later today.

Isolation with Foam is possibly equal to the PL50, but no doubt the PL50 is more comfortable.

Baseline: Good IEM, small starting niggles.

@OP : Research more, if you have small ear canals like me. Cant find a tip that fits me :|
The stem is too damn long to insert fully and the rubber sleeve where the wire exits the earpice too long to wear over the ear using the guide FOR ME. What a shame :(

Saved by a spare foam tip from my PL50. Which broke in a little while. Now on some small cylindrical silicone tips.

Sound : Bass definitely feels heavier on the C-12, but VSD1S maybe has a bit of an edge on bass texture. C-12 sounds more like the XB90EX bassy but a little shy on the mids, the VSD1S on the other hand is more like the E10 - airier mids. The E10 definitely has more bass volume than either of these.

Pro basshead? XB90EX
Rock Basshead ? C-12
Music buffet ? VSD1S

El-cheapo upgrader ? E10
El-el-cheapo upgrader ? ACH260

In short the VSD1S sounds like an E10 that has taken classical music classes - less, but more controlled bass and highs that stand out a bit better.

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
What will be your final verdict for bass lovers? (hip hop type songs)
E10,c-12 or vsd1?

Sorry, I thought I replied to this yesterday. :|
Can you pass me a couple of links on youtube for what you mean by hip hop - is it rap ?

If you like agressive rock like eq - C12, XB90EX (These will sound sligtly toned down in the mids because of their nature)
Sheer bass volume/amount - E10, XB90EX
Good amount of bass with airy mids - VSD1
Comfort (personal - I have small ear canals) - E10 ~> VSD1S with sony hybrid tips > C-12 = XB90EX

I cannot see why you will be disappointed by the VSD1 though - wear it over the ear and hope to get a good seal. It takes some practice, but is very much recommended. VSD1S is definitely an upgrade over the E10 if you can afford it. On the other hand if you like the agression of the C-12, then you should be looking at either the C-12 or the XB90EX.

Similar sounding earphones -
C-12 : XB90EX
E10 : VSD1S

Bottom line: All the IEMs in question here have sufficient bass with the XB90EX leading from the rest by a bit, but there are two different sonic signatures in question. Choose your priorities :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom