Best earphones in 4000 range for bass heads

Knight2A4

In the zone
C-12 has pretty good reviews and it's an Indian product !! WoW

So did techfusion twin woofer at the time of release highly rated Indian product Great sound for trash build .... Look where is it now about 85% people on our own forum do not recommend buying it.

As for Sony xbr series goes not that its a bass monster like JVC HA-FX101 but It sure they are available every where in India alright.

See here this is Frequency Responses of JVC HA-FX101 Tremendous bass with better vocals that are there you see this is how it should sound. There is a bump at mid - bass which makes it fun to listen.

[IMGG]*i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y493/hakimtai/ExtermeXplosive_zpsca3f4c62.png[/IMGG]

JVC HA-FX101

Now this is Frequency Responses of SONY MDR-XB90EX. Now there is no difference b/w sub & mid bass or any type of boost to any particular range of bass that makes both of them demon at the same time here but you can see that the treble of JVC HA-FX101 has much better extension than that of SONY MDR-XB90EX.

[IMGG]*i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y493/hakimtai/XB90EX_zps05b5a3e2.png[/IMGG]

SONY MDR-XB90EX

Better of with SONY MDR-XB30EX Than SONY MDR-XB90EX i would say.

[IMGG]*i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y493/hakimtai/SONYMDR-XB30EX_zpse6f59ba2.png[/IMGG]

SONY MDR-XB30EX

OP
vikrraal

vikrraal

Broken In
i was also smitten by the JVC HA-FX101but i don't want to buy it from ebay and it is not available in other sites in india . . . . thats why I'm looking for other options . .
right now I'm really serious about SIGNATURE ACOUSTICS C-12
there are two options in the site www.proaudiohome.com

1.SIGNATURE ACOUSTICS C-12 Elements Wooden IEMs
only the iem (extra cost for the brass case )

2.FiiO E6 amp + SIGNATURE ACOUSTICS C-12

is the second 1 is a good deal ? and does it worth the extra money for the amp ?

otherwise in snapdeal it is 200 rs. less than the proaudiohome site a and i am getting extra 200 rs discount for my first purchase . .
Signature Acoustics Elements C-12 - Buy Online @ Rs.2652/- | Snapdeal

which 1 will be good ?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
i was also smitten by the JVC HA-FX101but i don't want to buy it from ebay and it is not available in other sites in india . . . . thats why I'm looking for other options . .
there are two options in the site The Audio Megastore

is the second 1 is a good deal ? and does it worth the extra money for the amp ?

otherwise in snapdeal it is 200 rs. less than the proaudiohome site a and i am getting extra 200 rs discount for my first purchase . .

which 1 will be good ?

Don't go for the SIGNATURE ACOUSTICS C-12!!! Period!!!

Their build quality is trash... :banghead:

OP
vikrraal

vikrraal

Broken In
What would u suggest then? @powerhoney
Can u plz attach the link where it says about the build quality of c-12

Last edited:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
What would u suggest then? @powerhoney
Can u plz attach the link where it says about the build quality of c-12

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/171431-signature-acoustics-c-12-wooden-iem-fusion-cutting-edge-audio-technology-art.html Post No. #26

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/171431-signature-acoustics-c-12-wooden-iem-fusion-cutting-edge-audio-technology-art-2.html#post2050586 Post No. #33

Signature Acoustics Elements C12 IEMs | Page 3 | TechEnclave - Indian Technology Forum Post No. #52

Many others too...

Go for the JVC HA-FX101, preferably with a proper DAC... :-D

The C-12s are not bad, per se... It's just that you have to receive a working unit to enjoy them... At the end of the day, it's your call!!! :-D

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
But their build quality is questionable... Have seen many with problems!!!:-(

you have "seen" the faulty pieces?

or you have read in on the internet??

Don't go for the SIGNATURE ACOUSTICS C-12!!! Period!!!

Their build quality is trash... :banghead:

stop.

please.

Period!!!

there are two options in the site The Audio Megastore

which 1 will be good ?

Dont go with the FiiO Amp just now. the headphones have 18ohms imp, which is easily drivable by any pmp or mobile or PC. Headphone amps are needed only with high imp headphones, to drive their drivers. :p

get the one from snapdeal. it comes with brass case. :)

and just a point... electronic instruments fail. the ps4 had some issues at launch, and few were reported. big hulla was made out of it. did that mean Sony is a trash co, or has trash products??
look, those people whose electronics have failed will make a big issue out of. that does not mean the company or product quality is trashy.

what powerhoney has failed to point out, and which i will point out, is that PristineAudio has a great after sales support. they will personally contact you incase you mail them about any issue with your iems, and guide you until the product is replaced/repaired.

you can go with Signature Acoustics C-12.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
damn. you have google?? :\

DAC is a digital to analog converter. it converts digital signals to analog to drive your headphone drivers. your mobile has a DAC for headphones/speakers. just that dedicated DACs are better designed than integrated ones and produce a better[more accurate] analog signal.

OP
vikrraal

vikrraal

Broken In
Reallysorry for my stupidity...
If I'll go with the amp model then it may help me in near future because I'm buying an headphone soon...
So only want to know that if the deal is good or not according to price value..

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
you have "seen" the faulty pieces?

or you have read in on the internet??

stop.

please.

Period!!!

Dont go with the FiiO Amp just now. the headphones have 18ohms imp, which is easily drivable by any pmp or mobile or PC. Headphone amps are needed only with high imp headphones, to drive their drivers. :p

get the one from snapdeal. it comes with brass case. :)

and just a point... electronic instruments fail. the ps4 had some issues at launch, and few were reported. big hulla was made out of it. did that mean Sony is a trash co, or has trash products??
look, those people whose electronics have failed will make a big issue out of. that does not mean the company or product quality is trashy.

what powerhoney has failed to point out, and which i will point out, is that PristineAudio has a great after sales support. they will personally contact you incase you mail them about any issue with your iems, and guide you until the product is replaced/repaired.

you can go with Signature Acoustics C-12.

Seen two of them fail...

Yeah, their after sales is brilliant... They replaced your faulty unit promptly, didn't they??? :)

OP
vikrraal

vikrraal

Broken In
it's a great offer for 1st time purchase in snapdeal ...
the c-12 is around 1900rs. without the brass case...
so I'm going for it..

OP
vikrraal

vikrraal

Broken In
happy new year guys,

finally i ordered c-12 from snapdeal and got it delivered on 1st january new years day..
i was quiet excited by looking at the packing as it's my 1st ever online earphone purchase..i even took some snaps while unpacking intending to give a small amature review..(my 1st ever)
the stock earphone fitted me perfectly and i immediately connected them to my HTC One X+ ..it also has the inbuilt beatsaudio system for music like the other flagship mobiles of htc..
as others suggested they sounded me pretty awsum..:razz: in full volume..i was enjoying evry single tracks..i was thinking every thing is perfect..i didn't go for the details
BUT BUT BUT..:-(
my bad luck--when i connected them to my lappy i found that left side of the earphone has a littlebit less volume than the right one..at first i thought the buds are not inserted properly then tried to fit them even tried different buds present in the box..but same effect ..finally i gave it to my friend to try them and he explained the same..:cry:
the click tone of the windows o.s when double clicking or going forward and backward was the research sound..
now by knowing the fault i am unable to enjoy the music like before by ignoring them..its like i'm feeling this fault more and more..:-(

and now i'm confused what should i do ? should i contact snapdeal to exchange or refund me as it has 7 days return policy or contact to the manufacturer as i have 1yr manufacturer warranty ?
or after some time this problem will be gone automatically like after doing some burn-in(i've never done this process-but i'll google it) !!
so plz plz plz do guide me ..
thank you

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
happy new year guys,

finally i ordered c-12 from snapdeal and got it delivered on 1st january new years day..
i was quiet excited by looking at the packing as it's my 1st ever online earphone purchase..i even took some snaps while unpacking intending to give a small amature review..(my 1st ever)
the stock earphone fitted me perfectly and i immediately connected them to my HTC One X+ ..it also has the inbuilt beatsaudio system for music like the other flagship mobiles of htc..
as others suggested they sounded me pretty awsum..:razz: in full volume..i was enjoying evry single tracks..i was thinking every thing is perfect..i didn't go for the details
BUT BUT BUT..:-(
my bad luck--when i connected them to my lappy i found that left side of the earphone has a littlebit less volume than the right one..at first i thought the buds are not inserted properly then tried to fit them even tried different buds present in the box..but same effect ..finally i gave it to my friend to try them and he explained the same..:cry:
the click tone of the windows o.s when double clicking or going forward and backward was the research sound..
now by knowing the fault i am unable to enjoy the music like before by ignoring them..its like i'm feeling this fault more and more..:-(

and now i'm confused what should i do ? should i contact snapdeal to exchange or refund me as it has 7 days return policy or contact to the manufacturer as i have 1yr manufacturer warranty ?
or after some time this problem will be gone automatically like after doing some burn-in(i've never done this process-but i'll google it) !!
so plz plz plz do guide me ..
thank you

are you sure you are getting equal sealing in both ears ?

Did you check on some mono tracks like some basic cover song video from youtube ?

Or use VLC to make the tracks mono (think that option is under audio > tracks)

Also do a double blind test - insert the earphone without noticing (eyes closed and the IEM earpieces jumbled) which side is which and then reverse it and try to pinpoint the supposed faulty earpiece. If you can do that honestly-repeatedly try another device. If even that is the same maybe its time to look at that replacement policy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom