Best Earphone For My Cowon D2+

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohit_barker

Broken In
Hi Friends,
I bought Cowon D2+ black 8GB(11.5k) and surprisingly I don't find the Sound Quality as impressive as expected.Believe me my Sony Ericsson W810i sounds better.I also bought Philips SHE9800 EARPHONE upon recommendation but perhaps made the biggest mistake of my life.My bundled earphones with Cowon D2+ sound better and I mean it.I am extremely disappointed.
I listen only to Hindi Songs.Please help me in getting the best earphone which would produce sweet,soft,silky and crystal clear sound.And kindly don't recommend Philips earphone.

Thanks in advance

OP
R

rohit_barker

Broken In
Guys,

I am ready to shell out upto 3000 bucks and a bit more if required. But it has to b just topnotch.It should do justice to the best MP3 player D2+ in terms of sound quality.And it should sound better than my w810i.

Thanks

OP
R

rohit_barker

Broken In
Dear Friend,

How about a Shure SE210 Noise Isolating Earphone? Is it available in INDIA? And if yes where and what's the price? Or can I get SHURE EARPHONES in INDIA?

Thanks

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Shure's site: *www.shure.com/India/index.htm

SE210 is a good set of earphones but they are difficult to find in India and should be lot more expensive than CX400. These cost 90$ to 140$ in USA so you can expect how much they will cost in India.

You can also check these:

Klipsch Image S4 in-ear headphones: Inside 5k
Head Direct RE0 (if you are not bass freak, this one's amazing). Not available in India and there are dealers in Techenclave who can get this for you from USA.

review by head-fi member: *www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/review-head-direct-re0-new-contender-best-iem-383355/
anythingbutipod: *www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2009/04/headdirect-re0-review.php
techpowerup: *www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Head-Direct/RE0

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
I dont understand how come your w810 sounds better then the d2 . I am now using a w810 and an ipod touch 2g but the w810 nowhere comes close to the touch in terms of sound quality or loudness . I compared the sound quality of the touch with my friends D2 using my philips she9550 headphones and the d2 sounded a little better then the touch !! so there is no way you can compare the d2 with the w810 . Check if you have messed up with the settings and also crank up the volume .

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I dont understand how come your w810 sounds better then the d2 .
One man's thump is another man's bass :p. Sound is subjective. Most probably those headphones didn't get enough burn-in period.

As for head-direct, its a chinese company who made many headphones like head direct but under different brand name (typical of those chinese company) and amarbir doesn't get from U.S. mind you, he imports it from the mainland. Do note I used the word import, head direct doesn't have proper distribution/replacement centre here, amarbir simple imports them in bulk from China and when a defective product comes up, he ships it to china and waits for the replacement to arrive. Fah33m, the guy who even reviewed RE-2, said it himself that his went kaput but he was offered something better.
Now why would a company offer something better in place of RE-2 without even asking for re-2's packaging for something that unfortunately became "defective", unless they found out that fah33m written the reviews and wanted to make sure nothing supposedly "bad" is mentioned?
*www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/head-direct-re-2-review-140801.html

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I dont understand how come your w810 sounds better then the d2 . I am now using a w810 and an ipod touch 2g but the w810 nowhere comes close to the touch in terms of sound quality or loudness . I compared the sound quality of the touch with my friends D2 using my philips she9550 headphones and the d2 sounded a little better then the touch !! so there is no way you can compare the d2 with the w810 . Check if you have messed up with the settings and also crank up the volume .

that is what I suspect. there is so much of customization in Cowon D2 that a bad setting can ruin the listening experience.

@rohit, can you post the BBE settings that you are using on your D2 and also the genre that you mostly listen to?

OP
R

rohit_barker

Broken In
Friends,

I am in office right now and unfortunately am not carrying my MP3 player.I have already played with the BBE settings without much improvement in sound quality. I work in a call centre as a quality analyst and use the earphones to the maximum to listen to calls. Therefore you also cannot say that I haven't burnt them. The sound quality with the bundled earphones has improved considerably since the day I bought it.But the SQ with philips 9800 is harsh and hurts my ear.

Can you guys help me with the BBE settings for someone like me who listens to only bollywood music. I am looking for a soft,crystal clear output and not bassy,loud & harsh output. The BBE settings I have set is upto 5-7 for everything.

And rohan believe me my W810i surprisingly sounds excellent and better than my Cowon D2+. It lags behind only in terms of loudness.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Friends,

And rohan believe me my W810i surprisingly sounds excellent and better than my Cowon D2+. It lags behind only in terms of loudness.

Hard to believe since i am using the same phone . But audio quality is subjective and depends on which genre you are listning to . What do you mean by harsh , is the treble too high . Why not try using your se w810 headphones without the adapter on the d2 to see the difference .

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Watching this thread. Have a D2+ too, was really disappointed by the ep-630 (got these), and the cx-300 (didn't get these, just heard em) as well. The default earphones were better. People tell me that the earphones need to burn in, but this didnt bring about any improvement. @desiibond, you want in-ears only? or are you open for options.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Get a SoundMagic PL-30 and a Fillo E3 or E5 headphone amplifier from Lynx-india or from mediahome if you don't feel your D2 is not so good in audio processing. btw I don't understand how you are comparing D2 with w810! May be you are too used to in using in-ear type headphones of SE, so you wont feel the D2 headphones comfortable at first. And someone talked abt burn-in. It's not that you burned you headphones, it's the 'burn-in' period he mentioned, before it will perform better(mostly 11 to 12hrs of listening time).

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^Isn't the SoundMagic series biased towards either bass or treble? Is the PL-11 drastically better than the EP-630? The PL-30s are a segment higher, but has anyone here used them?

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hav used PL 11....it is biased towards bass like you said. PL 30 costs above 1.5k, reviews says they are good, and not biased towards bass or treble. I said PL 30 because they are sold as combo offer with E3 or E5 in mediahome.in or in Lynx-india(they are importing as group orders). I think the Lynx is selling PL11 with E3. Their offer is good. Cheaper than on eBay or in U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom