rohit_barker

Broken In
Equalizer - Rock
BBE - 5
Mach3Bass - 3
MP Enhance - yes
stereo widen - 1 or 2
3D - no

Great, the harshness that I was talking about has considerably reduced after changing the settings as you had adviced. Also the sound quality has become a bit softer and sweeter.Thank u dude. But got confused while changing the Equalizer to Rock and finally could not change it finally.Kindly help.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Hard to believe since i am using the same phone . But audio quality is subjective and depends on which genre you are listning to . What do you mean by harsh , is the treble too high . Why not try using your se w810 headphones without the adapter on the d2 to see the difference .

Dude,
I agree with you.The treble might be too high but I have no idea where to go and adjust it as I tried earlier doing the same but could not locate where the treble was to adjust.Kindly help me if you know.
I tried the earphone HPM-70 that came bundled with my W810i but the sound quality of D2+ did not improve to my satisfaction.

Last edited:
OP
R

rohit_barker

Broken In
Get a SoundMagic PL-30 and a Fillo E3 or E5 headphone amplifier from Lynx-india or from mediahome if you don't feel your D2 is not so good in audio processing. btw I don't understand how you are comparing D2 with w810! May be you are too used to in using in-ear type headphones of SE, so you wont feel the D2 headphones comfortable at first. And someone talked abt burn-in. It's not that you burned you headphones, it's the 'burn-in' period he mentioned, before it will perform better(mostly 11 to 12hrs of listening time).

Dear Friend,

I am looking for a earphone and not a headphone as earphones are better at sound isolation.Where can I get the amplifier in Bangalore? Can I use the amplifier that you have mentioned with my Philips 9800 earphone to improve the Sound Quality ? What's the cost? Kindly express your views.

Thanks

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Great, the harshness that I was talking about has considerably reduced after changing the settings as you had adviced. Also the sound quality has become a bit softer and sweeter.Thank u dude. But got confused while changing the Equalizer to Rock and finally could not change it finally.Kindly help.

Okay. Are you able to change equalizer setting by going to equlizer list and clicking on up and down arrow?

if you are getting too much treble, then lower the last two bars of the equalizer a bit and reduce BBE from 5 to 4 or 3.

When I moved from ipod nano 1g to cowon D2, I felt that the audio quality has gone down but after getting the right settings, I got lot lot better audio quality out of D2+

Even my current 5800XM is no match for Cowon D2.

OP
R

rohit_barker

Broken In
Okay. Are you able to change equalizer setting by going to equlizer list and clicking on up and down arrow?

if you are getting too much treble, then lower the last two bars of the equalizer a bit and reduce BBE from 5 to 4 or 3.

When I moved from ipod nano 1g to cowon D2, I felt that the audio quality has gone down but after getting the right settings, I got lot lot better audio quality out of D2+

Even my current 5800XM is no match for Cowon D2.

Thanks Dude the Sound Quality has improved considerably.
Which earphone are you using for your CowonD2+ DUDE?
And by the way how can you compare your 5800XM with your CowonD2+!
5800XM does not have even have the best Sound Quality in mobile phones.
The UNDISPUTED KING is W995 in terms of Sound Quality as you must also be knowing.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
CX200 II Sport is bit bassy so I had to tone down bass settings on Cowon D2+ to clear the bass.

But for your budget there are better alternatives.

do remember that there is no need for external amplifier like Fiio's as Coson D2+ is powerful enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom