Best dvd drive suggestion out of experience needed

Which is the best dvd you will recommend from your experience ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blister

Right off the assembly line
i need your suggestions about buying dvd writer by experience based on the following

please mention the company or model u prefer

1.long lived drive (importantly)

2.best writing perfomance

3.Reading ability of scratched cd

as it is going to be my third drive in last two years :mad: i want mainly long livable drive

Please pour in your reviews of your model that u recommend or links to it

Lets all say about our highest spanned drives and their brands here before reviewing or telling about your best drive.

thank you

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
wrong section mate.......
U sud post in hardware troubleshooting.....
Although I think SONY is good choise.I am using for last 3 yr with no problem :p

OP
B

blister

i need to tell you sony was one of my short lived drives among the dead although it is not a solution,let see what all others say about their reviews

correction ravi brother it is not to shoot the trouble ,it is about general review about dvd writers by user experience

praka123

left this forum longback
-1 for sony and liteon :D try latest samsung octoedge dvd writers!they are very much better,even tray problem also disappeared.a good experiance for me!:)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ we had one in our school and it isn't that great too. it stopped working in 3 weeks. So, -1 for Samsung

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
@ praka123 how can u say that.i owned a samsung octoedge and it sucks.it never wrote at 16x nor even at 8x .always the speed dropped to 4x on costly media also and so noisy i cant say abt it.get asus drives with sata.it rocks and these drives r the best out there money can buy and very silent too

praka123

left this forum longback
^so...it is my experiance with octoedge(updated to latest firmware) that it is stable and can write at 16x speed.there is no noice at all!.I am thanking for my buy of octoedge rather than the trio(liteon-benq-sony).*farm3.static.flickr.com/2212/2106525125_18fc31648e_o.png

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't found anyone who has got bad experiences with LiteON yet.

OP
B

blister

Sony to my experience, it performed well but failed in its validity(short lived)

@utsav
i think it is praka123 s experienced his best with samsung,it is his experience anyway.......thanks for expressing your bitter experience with samsung,i want know is that new octo edge samsung drives .

@gagandeep
actually when i assembled a pc for my friend i used liteon, on the very first day i was disappointed when i inserted the motherbord cd for drivers insatallation ,the drive did not detect the motherboard cd .i found all other cd s running but the motherboard cd did not which was detected on the other drives .
But let us wait what other experienced with liteon ............,

asus sata i have personally experienced better writing perfomance and readability.....but any experience about its life

Then what about lg, my friends circle say it has better life but i am not sure about its perfomance

any comments and experience on lg.......

Is plextor available in india? becoz plextor have many extra features!!! ya it has ....

Main criteria here is

1.long lived drives

2.Reading ability

And bring down perfomance as third priority (in case of drives) or all together
what say?

Lets all say about our highest spanned drives and their brands here before reviewing that.........

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
it is my experiance.i have seen failed sony oem dvd writers.even i hated samsung drives esp from my first drive in 2000 or so,the tray problem etc.
but this octoedge writer is very stable and produces nice copies and reads dual layer DVD's from digit which these trios(sony-benq-liteon) failed to read for many users*farm3.static.flickr.com/2286/2107305542_22d75ef21a_o.png

OP
B

blister

yah as u said sony is not upto the mark or worst in dvd drives according to me

i think we can expect many to witness this

utsav

damn busy...
@praka123 yes,i agree to the point that samsung reads all disks.i am having the same experience with asus.

sony drives hav a lot of problem reading disks

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@blister
If you don't want to get LiteON, then I'll definitely suggest you to go for ASUS.:)

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
I have had bad experiences with both my Samsung CD writer and DVD-ROM so I would not be too inclined to buy their new Octoedge DVD writer even though it seems pretty attractive.

My uncle has a Sony DVD-writer and it takes 30-40 mins to full erase a DVD :p

I have hardly seen any bad reviews about Lite-On drives so that would be my best bet.

ASUS drives are definitely better it terms of quality but are expensive.

My suggestion: If you can shell out extra then buy a ASUS drive else go for Lite-On.

nach p

Journeyman
I bought Sony a yr back n now even I dont trust these sony dvd writers.
Even replaced sony dvd writer started suckin my dvds.

so one more -1 for Sony.

Maybe I will prefer Liteon Or Asus.
Confused for octoedge as a one of choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom