Best dvd drive suggestion out of experience needed

Which is the best dvd you will recommend from your experience ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
i have no experiance with asus dvd drives.seems,it will be better as the comments say atleast in India.
yeah,we have no option for pioneer or plextor make drives :( even their prices are on the high side.

I had worst experience with sony.OK experience with Samsung but best one with lite on.
lite on rox.
BTW i have all 3 installed in my pc.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
i hav samsung cd writer 5 yrs old still good but hav tray problem.
Now i hav LG dvd writer seems vry good,it can read dvd's which sony failed to do, writing speed is good even in DVD-Re Writable,but cant say abt its long term performance since its only 2 months old.(price 1400/-) and also its not SATA.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
LG is may be good but LiteON and Asus are surely better.

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
Lg drives look cheapo but they hav good writing speeds .they burn disks at the medias rated speed which samsung fails to do mostly and also lg drives can do overspeed burning on 10x rated cd-rw at 12x speed.but asus is a better option due to its sturdyness

J

joy.das.jd

Lite-on drives are good. My 3 year old combo still works charm. But SONY drives are the worst of the lot. My sony dvd writer fails to detect many dvds and some of the cds are also detected to be corrupt but they work perfectly on the lite-on drives.

So +1 for lite-on and -1 for sony

praka123

left this forum longback
LG DVD ROM drive failed for me twice :( after getting replacements for the second time,i sold it to a local hardware guy and brought samsung octoedge dvd writer.on consulting with many assemblers and wholesalers,I felt they want to sell samsung drives as they are more reliable except so called tray problem,LG(not available here now!),benq,sony and liteon are having critical failures most of the time while samsung-toshiba dvd drives are mostly working well,few cases infact very rare replacements!.times are changing,no need to follow the trio's saying they're all liteon made drives and are good.yeah!*farm3.static.flickr.com/2212/2106525125_18fc31648e_o.png

yeah,i forgot asus,is it available easily all over india? :confused:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Nope asus drives are not easily available in India but if you are in a big city you can definitely find one at a decent price.

utsav

damn busy...
I do not liv in a big city but i got asus easily.i bought the 1814BLT sata lightscribe model for 1500Rs a week back.
it reads all my disks and also scratched ones.my samsung octoedge dvd writers motor failed and i bought asus.its great.reads disks very fast.

OP
B

blister

Right off the assembly line
thank you all guys here for expressing your experience......

But onething i actually posted in this forum with the intention to narrow down my decision by hearing from your experience, by seeing your responses:confused:..ya i am really into great confusion now:p

so we must start a poll regarding this.........shouldn't we?

i have started please cast in your vote.....let see....

but i have also narrow downed to this order with little.....sorry great confusion..

1.asus
2.lg (becoz i found only one saying "no" to it)
3.samsung
4.liteon
5.sony

what say guys........or shall i choose by lucky draw

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Hey yesterday i bought sony drive for 1450 /-

sony DRU-190A GO for this one it is great

utsav

damn busy...
How can u say in one day that ur drive is gud.i wil suggest only asus or lite on if asus is unavailable.

OP
B

blister

Right off the assembly line
@kushagra_krates@yahoo.com
hey isn't utsav right ?

hey brothers here sorry for my word - please make it here after carefully reviewing your past experience, dont make it here for the sake of posting or please dont justify your favourite brand here incase of even bitter experience, becoz your suggestions will help people here,so make it
carefully!

thank you for understanding........

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
my cousine recently bought liteon 20x n it had superb speed(burned 2.5gb in 2min on 16xdvd-r)! i dont know it was my hallucination but it wrote 16xDVD-r at speed of 20X, but wait the drive was faulty as it was not able to read properly from bad CD/DVD. so he got it replaced n bought ASUS 18x

praka123

left this forum longback
^replaced liteon drive for asus drive :shock: afaik replacement will be from the same brand!I think u shud sleep ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom