Best dvd drive suggestion out of experience needed

Which is the best dvd you will recommend from your experience ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

utsav

damn busy...
Allmost all the dealers in my city have stopped selling samsung drives.the best selling drives here are asus and then lite-on.whenever i go to the samsung service center i find several drives kept for repair or replacement. but from the distributor from whom i purchased asus told me that asus and lite on drives rarely come for repair.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
samsung drives are now preferred by most assemblers here(latest news!).

stop it fanboi.lol.Lite-on\sony\benq are best you can get in India.Pioneers are the best drives(but sadly not easily available in India).sansung teh sucker!(Dunno about the latest ones,but why take chances).

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
stop it fanboi.lol.Lite-on\sony\benq are best you can get in India.Pioneers are the best drives(but sadly not easily available in India).sansung teh sucker!(Dunno about the latest ones,but why take chances).
Samsung SH-S203 is the BEST DVD Writer in the market right now :) Check club.cdfreaks.com for more..

utsav

damn busy...
Samsung may be regaining market due to their pricing coz they r selling their drives for very low price and people giv priority to cheap goods

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
any1 here knows from where to get a Pioneer drive in India (reliable online stores not a prob can buy from them).

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
I have 3 samsung drives lying around one dvd,one cd drive and a cd writer, if i connect these all of them will start automatically to eject & close .
One of my friend thought it was a feature of samsung drives:)

kalpik

^^ I know.. Even i hated Samsung drives.. But their new ones are simply amazing.. The best writing quality.. Remember at one time even AMD had a LOT of problems.. But they are doing really good now :)

Check this: *club.cdfreaks.com/f61/top-5-optical-drives-january-march-2008-cast-your-vote-now-234126/

Samsungs are even leaving the Pioneers behind!

praka123

left this forum longback
^ppl are still believeing the trio(benq-sony-samsung).and there are lot of complaints reg above brands these days :rolleyes:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
^^ I know.. Even i hated Samsung drives.. But their new ones are simply amazing.. The best writing quality.. Remember at one time even AMD had a LOT of problems.. But they are doing really good now :)

Check this: *club.cdfreaks.com/f61/top-5-optical-drives-january-march-2008-cast-your-vote-now-234126/

Samsungs are even leaving the Pioneers behind!
may be the new drives are good,but their old features may again pop up after some months usage lets wait n see:)

praka123

left this forum longback
I read the link @cdfreaks and in their CD/DVD section: Asus or Pioneer :shock: that means asus drives are pioneer ones :?:
Asus DVD Burner / Pioneer DVD Burner
similarly,
*club.cdfreaks.com/clear.gif BenQ DVD Burner / Philips DVD Burner
*club.cdfreaks.com/clear.gif BTC DVD Burner / Emprex DVD Burner
*club.cdfreaks.com/clear.gif LiteOn DVD Burner / Sony DVD Burner
*club.cdfreaks.com/clear.gif NEC DVD Burner / Optiarc DVD Burner

kalpik

^^ No one has reported such problems in the newer drives so far! Anyway, i shouldn't defend it too much.. As i dont own one.. Im getting one this thursday though :)

I read the link @cdfreaks and in their CD/DVD section: Asus or Pioneer :shock: that means asus drives are pioneer ones :?:
Asus DVD Burner / Pioneer DVD Burner
similarly,
*club.cdfreaks.com/clear.gif BenQ DVD Burner / Philips DVD Burner
*club.cdfreaks.com/clear.gif BTC DVD Burner / Emprex DVD Burner
*club.cdfreaks.com/clear.gif LiteOn DVD Burner / Sony DVD Burner
*club.cdfreaks.com/clear.gif NEC DVD Burner / Optiarc DVD Burner
This means that the hardware is the same in some models of these drives.. The firmware differs though.. And that's what counts :) Anyway, you can always cross flash if the drives have identical hardware :)

Last edited:

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I am in Pune and my dealer told me that LiteOn has a bad service. You need to send your hardware to Mumbai and a replacement takes 15 days.

utsav

damn busy...
Samsung has service center in my city but my drive was replaced after 28 days.thats y i got asus now.and samsung drives perform great in the begining but later they become headache

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
My friend has just bought a Sony Optiarc DVD writer and it makes lot of noise......

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
I have had Samsung DVD Combo,Sony DVD Combo.No bad experience with any of these but as i dont have a dvd writer i am getting LiteON (lightscribe) this saturday....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom