best config uptill 30k

fractalnoize

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:basically for gaming and a bit for animation specifically after effects,fusion and sony vegas pro..but primarily for gaming

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:30k

4. Planning to overclock?
A:maybe

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:win 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:500gb~1tb

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:19"-21"

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:4 (left the hardware's race long back)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:done by an assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: within 2 weeks

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:speakers and ups

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?

A:mumbai

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: i am a bit inclined towards intel ..so if I5 can be included by any means it is well and good. plus i need a good Graphic card which will help me play the latest games at a decent fps.if by any means AMD config beats intel @30k then sure i've no objetion.any better ideas are wholeheartedly welcomed :)

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Core i5 2400 - 9.3K
Intel DH67BL-B3Intel DH67BL-B3 - 6K
Corsaar 1333 Mhz 4 GB single stick Value Ram - 2.1K
Seagate 500 GB 7200.12 SATA - 1.7K
FSP SAGA II 500W - 2.1K
LG 22X SATA DVD R/W - 0.8K
NZXT Gamma Cabinet - 2K
BenQ G2220HD - 7.2K
Keyboard+Mouse - 1K
= 32 k Approx.

Couldnt fit a decent card within 30K with all these components with Intel Quad Build. :(

AMD Option:
Phenom II 955 BE - 5.8 K
Gigabyte GA-880 G USB 3 - 4.8k
HD 6770 - 6.2 K
= 33.5K

saswat23

Human Spambot
My suggestion:
* CPU: Intel i5-2400 -- 9.3k
* MoBo: Intel DH67VR-B3 -- 4.7k
* RAM: GSkill RipJaws 4GB DDR3 -- 1.8k
* HDD: WDC Blue 500GB -- 1.7k
* ODD: LG/SAMSUNG/HP/ 22x DVD-RW -- 0.9k
* PSU: FSP SAGAII 500W -- 2.1k
* CASE: NZXT GAMMA -- 2k
* DISPLAY: DELL IN2020M HD LED -- 6.2k
* DESKET: MS/LOGITECH KB Combo -- 0.6k
Total --- 29.3k

+

* GPU: HD 5670 512MB DDR5 -- 4.2k
Grand Total --- 33.5k
or
* GPU: HD 6770 1GB -- 7.2k
Grand Total --- 36.5k

Cilus

laborare est orare
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 5.5K
Gigabyte GA-880G USB3 @ 4.8K
Kingston 4 GB 1333 MHz CL9 DDR3 @ 1.45K
DELL IN2020M HD LED @ 6.2K
Seagate 7200.12 500 GB SATA @ 1.8K
Zebronics Bijli Cabinet w/o SMPS @ 1K
FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2K
Sapphire HD 6770 1 GB @ 7.1K
LG 22X DVD Writer @ 0.8K
Logitech Mouse & Keyboard Combo @ 0.5K

Total 31.15K. Price can be reduced further by going for a Sapphire HD 6750, available @ 6K.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I would also suggest going for an AMD config, foregoing gfx card for an Intel processor would not be a wise thing to do.

Go with Cilus' config

OP
F

fractalnoize

Broken In
Thank you Tech_Wiz,saswat23,Cilus,sukesh1090,Cool Buddy :) . you guys helped me in clearing most of my doubts:) .i have just one more doubt left that is what if i3 (sandy bridge) were to compete in terms of performance against the phenom II 955 in gaming. which would emerge as a successor?

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
i3 Will perform better in terms on Numbers of FPS for games which do not use Multi Cores. But You wont notice any difference as both will give much more than Playable FPS in most cases.

I own a PII BE and it runs SC II, WoW, WCIII TFT, CS, FIFA 11 at Effect Maxed Details with 1600x900 Res with 32 Bit Depth. No Glitches what so ever.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
i3 might perform better than Phenom in some games, but i3 alone would not come anywhere close to Phenom+gfx card. That's why people are advising you to go for AMD config, coz with AMD you will be able to fit in a gfx card in your budget, but with Intel, you wouldn't

OP
F

fractalnoize

Broken In
i agree cool buddy. so if in the future i want to upgrade to bulldozer procy will i be able to do so with the above mentioned config ?

one more point ....i guess i can extend my budget to 35k by selling of my old pc.so if now the configs for both AMD and intel can be improvised then please shed some light on this matter:)

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Me and Cilus pretty much suggested to you same Config. The Mobo suggested is BD Compatible. So you can upgrade without touching anything else.
If your Budget is up by 5 K I would strongly recommend to put it in a HD 6850 & a VX550/ GS600

Phenom II + HD 6850 = Gaming at HD with Glory.

OP
F

fractalnoize

Broken In
thank you for that..i guess i shall stick to the amd configuration .i have a few questions now.
-what is the price of HD 6850?
-how is HD 6850 better than msi r6850 cyclone ed?
-and in your signature "Phenom II 955 BE - OC - 3.6 GHz at Stock Volt/Cooler (975 BE )" what does "stock volt/cooler(975 BE)" mean ?

OP
F

fractalnoize

Broken In
ok but what is the price of HD 6850 and also in many threads i've read about msi r6850 cyclone ed..so which one of these two is the better one ?>

Cilus

laborare est orare
MSI Cyclone HD 6870 power edition card is a factory overclocked version of HD 6850 card with a custom cooler for better cooling solution.
The standard or reference model of 6850 runs at 775 MHz speed whereas the Cyclone version runs at 840 MHz Speed. As a result it performs better than the reference HD 6850. The price of it is not that higher and in smcinternational.in it is selling at 9.5K

Last edited:

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
I have Overclocked the Processor from 3.2 GHz to 3.6 GHz which is speed of 975 BE Processor of AMD.

Stock means default setts/ Default Cooler.

Top Bottom