Best Config Under Rs. 40,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@navino87
dun go for 80GB sata2 for 2300, instead get Seagate 160 GB sata2 for 2.9~3k or a 250GB sata2 for 3.8k.
And for KB nd MS dun go for Logiteck basic. Get Microsoft basic optical combo for 850/-. MS basic optical mouse is lot better than LGT basic opt mouse.

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
Thanks a lot to every members replied to my post...

I am planning to go for an decent graphics card with this config... What graphics card to go for??? Should i change my mobo? Because D965RY has onboard vdo card...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
How much can you afford for a graphics card? Nvidia 7600GT would be pretty decent for your config IMO. But, wait for what experts say. But, it would be a lot easier if you can mention your budget for the card.

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
how much will a decent graphics card cost?? The final config that i mentioned comes to Rs.33400... n the balance is Rs.6600...If necessary i will try to increase my budget :)

mehulved

7600GT I mentioned will be approx 9K. If you need to keep your budget of 40K, then there's 7600GS for 6.5K approx. But, I feel that will be below par for your rig.
There are options from ATI too, but I am not so sure about their prices.
Have a look at this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43152 for prices.

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
Which mobo to go for with this config (mobo which does't hav onboard video card, so tat RAM's utilization can be reduced) ??? So according to the chipset we can select the gfx card...

Config:
Intel C2D E6300 - 8900
Ram 2*512 - 2350 + 2350
120GB SATA2 - 2675
DVD Writer - 2100
17" CRT - 4750
Cabinet + SMPS - 1200-1400
KB + M - 850
UPS - 2000

mehulved

Wouldn't it be good to have onboard video, it may sometimes be needed if your graphics card doesn't work then you can use onboard video.
While using graphics card for video, you will be disabling onboard video so RAM won't be shared.
So, I wouldn't consider onboard video as something to leave out, unless you are getting a really good mobo at nice price but doesn't have onboard video.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
^^That is true but the mobo's without onboard video are aimed at enthusiasts/gamers and tend to have better features and performance.

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah you are correct !!! M2N is another great board without an onboard but problem comes when you loose your GFX card ....

mehulved

drvarunmehta said:
^^That is true but the mobo's without onboard video are aimed at enthusiasts/gamers and tend to have better features and performance.
Can you please explain a bit more on how are they better?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Since gamers will anyways add a dedicated video card, the high end boards don't have onboard video.

For example, in the nForce5 series,
The nForce 590 supports SLI with 2x PCI-E x16 slots (no onboard).
The nForce 570 SLI comes with 2x PCI-E x8 slots (no onboard).
The nForce 550 has a single PCI-E slot (no onboard).
The nForce 510 is the only one with onboard video.

The performance an feature also decrease progressively from the 590 to the 510.
Source

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
Ok guys... Can i go for Intel D965RY mobo??? or should i go for some other??? If some other please mention its name n its price...

Also wat chipset does this mobo has??? Should i go for same chipset gfx card???

Can i go for 6600GT???

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
goin for a 6600GT now a days is foolishness. U can get the 7600FS for the same price which is more future proof, better performer nd also runs much cooler that the 6600GT. But a 7600GT si more better at gaming nd it easily beats a 6800GT in the battle.

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
where can i find the spec of Intel D965RY mobo??? I hav searched for it in intel site, but there is no such boards in their site...

Also wat chipset does this mobo has??? Should i go for same chipset gfx card??? My doubt is that, can i go for Nvidia series gfx cards with Intel D965RY mobo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom