Best Bank for Net Banking and Fund Transfer

gforz

Maximum GAME
I use SBI though,never had any problems as such,good service,except once they had debited double salary to my account!!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
SBI's service has significantly improved in near time. When I compare its service at bhopal from my native place or any small town, I find it at par with private banks. Private banks have very less customers than SBI, so they're supposed to be a bit fast. Still, with ATMs at almost every 1-2 km, branches every here and there, you can't go wrong.

@MHG- I have done online shopping/transfers/recharges worth more than a Lakhs, and there isn't any charge other than for fund transfers & IRCTC booking.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
You can check with standard chartered bank also.

I have a salary a/c with them for more than 2.5 years now. And I am pretty satisfied with the service they provide.

Now lets go through the checklist:

No Surcharge for Net Banking: No

No Surcharge for Debit Card: For me it was first year free and afterwards annually rs. 799 - platinum debit card. But for salary a/c holders, waived off.

No Surcharge for ATM Card: NO

No Surcharge for Fund Transfer: NO

Secure (VERY SECURE) payment gateway supported widely: I should say secure. And yes, supported widely.

I use their mobile banking app almost daily, recharges and funds transfers. I've been charged nothing till now, for anything.

What are the features available online ?

Do they have online passbook feature where I can see every transaction right from date of creation of account ?

Although I found out that my account can't recharge to tata docomo, I've done recharges as low as 10 and max 600, no charges for that either.

Wait a sec, I have a DOCOMO SIM. What do you mean cannot recharge DOCOMO ?

There will be very very few "offers" and "attractive discounts" for the card though.

I don't care about "offers" or "attractive discounts" and the like.

They are now issuing Visa supported cards too, but mine's Maestro, the old :p

Visa support is welcome :D All new cards are Visa ??

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I still prefer Maestro. You might want to keep in mind that all these new VISA / MasterCard Debit Cards have Rs. 500/- as Min. Withdraw for ATM.

This thing is really stopping to me to get one of these.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still prefer Maestro. You might want to keep in mind that all these new VISA / MasterCard Debit Cards have Rs. 500/- as Min. Withdraw for ATM.

Wrong. Depends on bank policy.

Not the back-end. Visa/MasterCard/Maestro.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan

New to me also. My Stan Chart card is Visa and can withdraw 100s still

Maestro is also not widely supported for online transactions.
Found out while booking flight tickets with my SBI card :(

What are the features available online ?

Do they have online passbook feature where I can see every transaction right from date of creation of account ?

Yes, it's available for the netbanking account, but mobile application has only the ministatement feature.
note: mobile banking = mobile application, but netbanking and mobile banking are two different things, needs separate registrations...

Wait a sec, I have a DOCOMO SIM. What do you mean cannot recharge DOCOMO ?
While recharging from the mobile app that is, there is a field for service provider, which should be like "bsnl", "airtel", "idea" etc. I've tried "tatadocomo", "docomo", "tata docomo", but failed to recharge the person :(

Visa support is welcome :D All new cards are Visa ??
I am not sure about this, though. My friend recently got a new account which he was given a visa card. I think his is an NRI account or so. Please confirm before applying.

And like regular cheque accounts, it requires a 1000rs minimum balance and 40k max withdrawal per day(debit-atm)

lol you got owned...

and SBI has no such limitations, I have used my friends SBI Visa debit to withdraw 100s and shopped for 96/- (8 Oeros, don't ask me why)

saz

Journeyman
I have CitiBank suvidha salary account and there are no charges on net banking (NEFT) both inward and outward...but they have very few ATMs :(

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
New to me also. My Stan Chart card is Visa and can withdraw 100s still

Maestro is also not widely supported for online transactions.
Found out while booking flight tickets with my SBI card :(
I can withdraw Rs. 100 as well.

yea, Maestro sucks for online.

Yes, it's available for the netbanking account, but mobile application has only the ministatement feature.
note: mobile banking = mobile application, but netbanking and mobile banking are two different things, needs separate registrations...

I'm not interested in mobile banking as much as net banking. How is the Net Banking UI and what is the back end engine ? (ASP/JSP/PHP)

While recharging from the mobile app that is, there is a field for service provider, which should be like "bsnl", "airtel", "idea" etc. I've tried "tatadocomo", "docomo", "tata docomo", but failed to recharge the person :(

What about recharges through the service provider's website ?

and SBI has no such limitations, I have used my friends SBI Visa debit to withdraw 100s and shopped for 96/- (8 Oeros, don't ask me why)

Coming to debit, any surcharge for paying through debit card at supermarkets and/or petrol pumps ?

But when you loose your card, Maestro cards are safest (or the only one safe).

Reason ???

BTW a general question - some banks I believe have a provison to send security codes through SMS for each online transaction that needs to be entered online to confirm if the person is really the one who is accessing it. Is this available in SBI, etc ??

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
lol you got owned...

Well don't know about practical. But at-least their site states that none of the VISA / MasterCard Debit Card allows Min. Transaction below Rs. 500/-

Anyway in that case it's a good news, need to apply for one Classic / Silver / Gold.

Top Bottom