Best Bank for Net Banking and Fund Transfer

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I'm not interested in mobile banking as much as net banking. How is the Net Banking UI and what is the back end engine ? (ASP/JSP/PHP)

I find SBI's backend to be fastest and smooth. IDBI worst, heck it doesn't even supports Chrome (haven't checked from 4 months though)

Coming to debit, any surcharge for paying through debit card at supermarkets and/or petrol pumps ?

0 at supermarkets, can't say for petrol pumps, but I guess its free there too.

Reason ???

One can't swipe your card until he knows your PIN but that's not the case with Visa/MasterCard (all 16 digit card-no cards).

BTW a general question - some banks I believe have a provison to send security codes through SMS for each online transaction that needs to be entered online to confirm if the person is really the one who is accessing it. Is this available in SBI, etc ??

Available in SBI.

I'm not interested in mobile banking as much as net banking. How is the Net Banking UI and what is the back end engine ? (ASP/JSP/PHP)
PHP I believe and they are VeriSign certified 256bit, the UI is the standard blue and don't expect jQuery effects and blimey drpdowns, it's simple and feature full.

What about recharges through the service provider's website ?
Yeah, that will work via netbanking or debit card payment.

Coming to debit, any surcharge for paying through debit card at supermarkets and/or petrol pumps ?
Nope, nothing extra was charged for me (max spent was 6900/- in a single swipe).

BTW a general question - some banks I believe have a provison to send security codes through SMS for each online transaction that needs to be entered online to confirm if the person is really the one who is accessing it. Is this available in SBI, etc ??
SBI uses the standard 3D security pin type authentication, and for each transaction including ministatement/balance/credit/debit it sends an sms...

Top Bottom