Battlefield 3

Saumil996

Journeyman
Re: Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Discussion

There seems to be a bit confusion about scopes. Let me clarify
1. The Scope of any gun is not dependent on your level
2. Scope is an attachment to the gun and is unlocked as you get more kills with a gun e.g The M16A3 gets the ACOG 4x scope at 10 kills, the RDS at 50 kills etc.
3. Except the 12x scope for snipers all guns unlock the same scopes eventually only at different amount of kills . eg the M16A3 unlocks the ACOG at 10 kills whereas the M4A1 unlocks the RDS at 10 kills.

Please refer to this The Christmas noob's resource guide : battlefield3
It might be slightly outdated but it is incredibly useful .

See u on the battlefield

icebags

Technomancer

a quick question how do we communicate. today i tried MOH and i couldnt communicate to anyone (selected server with only 7 people so that i get an idea)

if u want to communicate by chat, press J/K/L. if u want to voice chat, then before going into game make a group chat at battlelog with fiends, put on the sound and join game.

kartikoli

Busy!!

^^^ thanks

it happened 3 times that i was on 19gb and the download came back to 16gb (origin @#$%$#) where as steam is going strong and i have downloaded MOH and burnout paradise without any isue and with good speed (200kb where as origin is 100kb avg.)

Monk

Journeyman

Oh my the recoil and spread on guns is massive! Can't spot a thing in the urban setup, im used to playing in jungle! Need to lvl to get a decent scope. My K/D is hideous :(

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

Oh my the recoil and spread on guns is massive! Can't spot a thing in the urban setup, im used to playing in jungle! Need to lvl to get a decent scope. My K/D is hideous :(

Avoid using scopes.
Use RDS instead on all setups as this is quick and the recoil is less.
Always shoot in bursts in order to avoid high recoil effect.
Chances hitting a target when aimed is much higher than hip shots. So always be on guard.
Shooting while sitting is much more accurate than "run and gun"
In general,
Avoid running around the map without covering the corners and always stick with the team.
Running into an enemy shooting is better avoided if u are not using a short gun..

nikku_hot123

In the zone

Even mine is same situation. They are killing me in just one bullet and they take 30 bullets to get killed. My k/d is even worst.:rolleyes: still learning with u guys. thanks

Monk

Journeyman

Yep, it will take time to get used to this game. Also laser and flashlight attachments are really distracting. I turned my settings to low, it helped me a bit..

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

Yep, it will take time to get used to this game. Also laser and flashlight attachments are really distracting. I turned my settings to low, it helped me a bit..

Those lights does mean that u are on someones target.

An easy way out is.. ignore those lights when u are running and try reach a place safe place that u arent getting targetted by those lights. If u stop and check, u are dead (applied only till u get the hang of the game and can react quickly when u can inturn kill the person).

Avoid using a flash light urself as that spots u so quickly on the map and good players will kill u in no time.

A tip in general,
Always spot an enemy using Q while you are shooting at him/them so that you can see the persons movement on your minimap which will help you in avoiding certain strategical hide-and-kill-from-a-different-spot situations.

Also, that spot might attract ur allies to help u on with the kill.

While running, use the environment well for your cover and in open try running zig-zag with occassional jumps as this will avoid any sniper from targetting a headshot and there by high chances of a survival.

abhidev

Human Spambot

are the tdf members gonna play tonight??? Add me too :D

Is it ok if I add all of them in the origin list ??

Monk

Journeyman

I can only see some German servers with low ping, i.e 200ms. No Singapore servers, found few japan servers but they don't like players from India.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

I can only see some German servers with low ping, i.e 200ms. No Singapore servers, found few japan servers but they don't like players from India.

Try to avoid servers from Japan, they are all Pro's :p

icebags

Technomancer

Try to avoid servers from Japan, they are all Pro's :p

singapore servers are not having any less pros, and often full with hackers. :/

some japan servers give good ping <150ms, and as i have not faced any racy issues there yet.

i wish i had good ping with german servers, they play all sorts or bf3 maps there, and most of the time they are nicely populated.

Top Bottom