Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
BF4 left very bad taste in my mouth. Won't buy any Battlefield game again. :|

Really? Why?

BF4 is awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have problem with the gameplay. I have problem with the server mechanics, I want something in the lines of Insurgency, CSGO, DOTA2 etc where I can host and others can join. Or I can create a server for FREE.

You can't host Dota 2 servers either.

Hrishi

Well I think EA/DICE generally avoids giving server source codes publicly for monetary purpose.
There's also this cheat/hack thing which could be a possible concern for them. There are tons of people using pirated codes to host servers for mp games and people without license/key can play.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
From business point of view they can dictate the life of the game by owning their own servers and they can choose to pull the plug whenever they want. However considering how long BF3 has been going on, I doubt that they will do that anytime soon.

But since EA is more concerned with piracy, their own servers means that pirates won't be able to play online.

gameranand

Living to Play
You can't host Dota 2 servers either.
Yes I know that but if I have 10 people then I can create a lobby and play easily. That is not a option in Battlefield titles because I'll have to search a server with 10 open slots and pray that someone else specially premium member doesn't kick in while me and my friends are joining the server. And of course there is ping issue. Ping issue can be eradicated in the games I mentioned through LAN or hosting a hosting a server very near to your place.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Why we never did that. :(

true. we never did have much fooling around.
but we did have some solid team work.. :D

So who all are buying this for 3.5k?

count me out

why for the bold sentence.
Quite the opposite for me. Bf4 is still the best military shooter of this generation..

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

best online shooter for me.
the ballistics made the game so much fun. although i never could master shooting out helos and jets far away with a tank. :(

- - - Updated - - -

From business point of view they can dictate the life of the game by owning their own servers and they can choose to pull the plug whenever they want. However considering how long BF3 has been going on, I doubt that they will do that anytime soon.

But since EA is more concerned with piracy, their own servers means that pirates won't be able to play online.

true. singapore BF3 servers, although far lower in number than what they used to be, still had a queue when checked last week.

but what has surprised is how, in the age when leaks are abundant and expected, server source codes have not been leaked. :\

btw, has the horrible punkbuster crap been done away with BF1?
I saw numerous bans happening in the public chat window during the beta.

Yes I know that but if I have 10 people then I can create a lobby and play easily. That is not a option in Battlefield titles because I'll have to search a server with 10 open slots and pray that someone else specially premium member doesn't kick in while me and my friends are joining the server. And of course there is ping issue. Ping issue can be eradicated in the games I mentioned through LAN or hosting a hosting a server very near to your place.

wouldnt it be love if they could implement something like this with BF1?
like we all could create a game and others could join in. ping issues could be eliminated for good. and they could have kept official servers for when players would want to jump into an international fray.
i believe anti-cheat can be implemented in lobbied games, although i am not aware how. how is it done in a DOTA lobby?

- - - Updated - - -

again, how in effin hell did EA manage to keep the source code for servers under wraps??

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Source code leaks are not very common and not very easy either. If it were so easy to hack and steal source code, the source codes of banking apps and other such softwares would be easily available. Any company that uses proper security measures won't have their source code stolen. Same goes for EA who are pretty much paranoid about pirates.

gameranand

Living to Play
why for the bold sentence.
You quoted my reason already. I bought the game but couldn't play because of ping and server issues. So basically I was fcked because EA couldn't handle the servers properly, if there was a provision of private servers then Mani could had created server and I could had played with you guys. Kinda like in Insurgency, GRAW etc but I couldn't because of fckin EA policies. I know I am also at fault because of shitty internet connection, but its gonna continue with me and this game so yeah it left very very bad taste in my mouth. Download a 25 GB game only to find that you can't play the game and then delete the game from your HDD without playing even 10 hrs. :|

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
Well I could play 200+ hours on Singapore and even EU servers without issue. Pings were like 70-130

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

Hrishi

[MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION], maybe this is for a 60fps+ always at 1080p high. For 1080p Ultra I think a GTX970/780 will be needed.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
So much minimum requirements! A GTX660 and i5-6600k!!!!!!
I suppose this is for 1080p Very high gaming @60fps!

also, whats the logic of recommending a K-series CPU? just recommend an i7 :|

- - - Updated - - -

PS if the 660 is a recommended req, the 960 will be more than happy to tear it apart.

also, its showing that the game CPU heavy and goes light on the GPU.

Hrishi

also, whats the logic of recommending a K-series CPU? just recommend an i7 :|

- - - Updated - - -

PS if the 660 is a recommended req, the 960 will be more than happy to tear it apart.

also, its showing that the game CPU heavy and goes light on the GPU.
DX12!!

Killing Machine
Battlefield 1 Maps

1. Ballroom Blitz takes place in a French chateau.
  2. Argonne Forest allows for “some of the most brutal close quarter combat” the game has to offer.
  3. Fao Fortress is the home of the Ottomans.
  4. Suez has you battling on the banks of the grand canal, making tactical use of the dunes as you go.
  5. St Quentin Scar tasks you with pushing through the trenches towards Northern France.
  6. The sand-swept Sinai Desert has featured in most of the game’s promotional stuff.
  7. Amiens is a French city under fire.
  8. Monte Grappa sends you to the Venetian Alps.
  9. Empire’s Edge brings the fight to the Adriatic Coast.
Battlefield 1 Game Modes

• Conquest
  • Domination
  • Operations
  • Rush
  • Team Deathmatch
  • War Pigeons
Source

Top Bottom