OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Single Player Trailer
[YOUTUBE]C-vAxVh8ins[/YOUTUBE]

Battlefield series are not known for having good single player campaigns. I think Bad Company 2 was the exception in that regard.

This looks promising though.

Is that Lawrence Of Arabia?

Hrishi

Holy Sheet! Them visuals. :jawdrop:

- - - Updated - - -

Holy Sheet! Them visuals. :jawdrop:
It would be fun to see that in Ultra 4k!!!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
[YOUTUBE]uLW4k0a2G8A[/YOUTUBE]

It's actually based on true events.

Cher Ami - Wikipedi

On October 3, 1918, Major Charles White Whittlesey and more than 500 men were trapped in a small depression on the side of the hill behind enemy lines without food or ammunition. They were also beginning to receive friendly fire from allied troops who did not know their location. Surrounded by the Germans, many were killed and wounded in the first day and by the second day, just over 190[verification needed] men were still alive. Whittlesey dispatched messages by pigeon.[2] The pigeon carrying the first message, "Many wounded. We cannot evacuate." was shot down. A second bird was sent with the message, "Men are suffering. Can support be sent?" That pigeon also was shot down. Only one homing pigeon was left: "Cher Ami". She was dispatched with a note in a canister on her left leg,

We are along the road parallel to 276.4. Our own artillery is dropping a barrage directly on us. For heaven's sake, stop it.

As Cher Ami tried to fly back home, the Germans saw her rising out of the brush and opened fire. For several moments, Cher Ami flew with bullets zipping through the air all around her.[3] Cher Ami was eventually shot down but managed to take flight again. She arrived back at her loft at division headquarters 25 miles (40 km) to the rear in just 25 minutes, helping to save the lives of the 194 survivors. In this last mission, Cher Ami delivered the message despite having been shot through the breast, blinded in one eye, covered in blood and with a leg hanging only by a tendon.

Cher Ami became the hero of the 77th Infantry Division. Army medics worked long and hard to save her life. They were unable to save her leg, so they carved a small wooden one for her. When she recovered enough to travel, the now one-legged bird was put on a boat to the United States, with General John J. Pershing personally seeing Cher Ami off as she departed France.

axes2t2

I am a cat
It's actually based on true events.

Cher Ami - Wikipedi

On October 3, 1918, Major Charles White Whittlesey and more than 500 men were trapped in a small depression on the side of the hill behind enemy lines without food or ammunition. They were also beginning to receive friendly fire from allied troops who did not know their location. Surrounded by the Germans, many were killed and wounded in the first day and by the second day, just over 190[verification needed] men were still alive. Whittlesey dispatched messages by pigeon.[2] The pigeon carrying the first message, "Many wounded. We cannot evacuate." was shot down. A second bird was sent with the message, "Men are suffering. Can support be sent?" That pigeon also was shot down. Only one homing pigeon was left: "Cher Ami". She was dispatched with a note in a canister on her left leg,

We are along the road parallel to 276.4. Our own artillery is dropping a barrage directly on us. For heaven's sake, stop it.

As Cher Ami tried to fly back home, the Germans saw her rising out of the brush and opened fire. For several moments, Cher Ami flew with bullets zipping through the air all around her.[3] Cher Ami was eventually shot down but managed to take flight again. She arrived back at her loft at division headquarters 25 miles (40 km) to the rear in just 25 minutes, helping to save the lives of the 194 survivors. In this last mission, Cher Ami delivered the message despite having been shot through the breast, blinded in one eye, covered in blood and with a leg hanging only by a tendon.

Cher Ami became the hero of the 77th Infantry Division. Army medics worked long and hard to save her life. They were unable to save her leg, so they carved a small wooden one for her. When she recovered enough to travel, the now one-legged bird was put on a boat to the United States, with General John J. Pershing personally seeing Cher Ami off as she departed France.

Wow...incredible..

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Last week, EA revealed it is handling Battlefield 1's server rental process exclusively without help from third-party companies. "Since the servers come from the same provider, it will give everyone the same uniform experience," said EA, and while this doesn't really affect users logistically, the publisher failed to mention how much server rentals will cost.

In a blog post featured on the game's forums, EA and DICE have now revealed the game's server rental prices for both PC and PS4 and Xbox One consoles—with PC players expected to stump up more when the programme rolls out at some point next month.

The prices and rental time periods are as follows:

PC
1 day: $2.99
7 days: $11.99
30 days: $42.99
90 days: $99.99
180 days: $149.99

PlayStation 4/Xbox One
1 day: $1.99
7 days: $7.99
30 days: $26.99
90 days: $64.99
180 days: $99.99
As it stands, it's not clear what features players can expect, nor is pricing besides USD. We've reached out to EA for comment and will update as and when we hear back.

Source: PCGamer

Pasapa

Live to die another day
How are the prices compared to 3rd party providers? Does anyone know?

Edit: it seems there are no sea servers for bf1...
Well that's disappointing. No bf1 for me I guess

Last edited:
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
There are no 3rd party providers as well. EA will be hosting all servers.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
How are the prices compared to 3rd party providers? Does anyone know?

Edit: it seems there are no sea servers for bf1...
Well that's disappointing. No bf1 for me I guess

I bought it from here Battlefield 1 PC CD Key, Key - cdkeys.co as my card doesn't work with Origin.

yea, and not word on APAC servers, playing on 200+ ping servers, but its not too bad. everyone has the same issue.
here is a reddit thread on the servers

Pasapa

Live to die another day
I bought it from here Battlefield 1 PC CD Key, Key - cdkeys.co as my card doesn't work with Origin.

yea, and not word on APAC servers, playing on 200+ ping servers, but its not too bad. everyone has the same issue.
What ping do you get to Japan?

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

there will be a time when servers will have auto-admins which will kick players with high pings.

for BF4, EU region servers are notorious for this exact behavior. I have to play on China, SG and Japan servers due to this badmin things, even when 150-180ms does not make much of a difference.

Top Bottom