Basic phone for 3K

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
1. Budget? - 3k Max
2. Display type and size? does not matter
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? does not matter
4. Preferred choice of brand? - Not Samsung and LG
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type) - Numpad
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. - Does not matter
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). - Does not matter
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. - EDGE / 3G
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? - None
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? - Calling and smsing + net surfing over EDGE / 3G connection
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - Nokia c1-01, Samsung 3770
12. Any other info that you want to share

I have a samsung phone (forgot the model), reception and call quality is poor.
I am looking for something better.

It must have good call clarity and good signal reception.
Good battery back up and GPRS+EDGE.

If I remove the last option, x1-01 is a good option.
Adding that, c1-01.
Any other option?

I do not like low end samsung phones as they have bad signal reception and bad call quality. My Arc catches signal easily while my Samsung can not.

So, in 2-2.5K, what options do I have? Is there anything better than I have mentioned?
I checked samsung 3770, nice features. But again, the signal reception issues and call quality issues are there.

So suggest me something keeping my requirements in mind.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Thanks for your replies guys.
will check out x2-02.
aroraanant, I have already mentioned that I do not like the low end samsung phones.
Their signal reception and call quality is poor.
Thats why I do not consider Samsung S3770, Priced at 4K, it has HSDPA support, video calling, wi-fi. Still its a samsung. And if you read the reviews in flipkart, people are already complaining about call quality.

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
I am facing call quality and signal reception issue with my samsung E1160i.
Thats why I am not interested in another low end samsung product again.

aroraanant

Explorer
I have recently got Samsung 1232 which is working very good and my dad is using 3530 from almost a year and no issues are there in any of the handsets

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Maybe I am unlucky with the handset :(.

Just checked Samsung Hero E3213, same reception problem mentioned (check here Reception issue mentioned in Flipkart).

Checked the user reviews in gsmarena for S3770, mainly restarting problems mentioned along with reception issues and call clarity issues mentioned in Flipkart (Check here Reception and clarity issues - see 3rd and 4th comments).

I would love to have a low budget decent 3G phone with video calling feature but the options are not worth spending money it seems.

May be I will settle for a 2G phone, x2-02 seems ok (again some restarting issue is present).

Nokia has the best build quality among others. I say you go with X2-02 and avoid Samsung phones. Besides, if in case any hardware damage occurs, there are aplenty parts available, and priority care is the best service out there :)

aroraanant

Explorer
Priority care is the best service out there!!!!! I don't think so, I have a experience of many year can say around 6-8yrs and literally su**s

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
none of the major handset maker provides good service. so its better to pick up a phone that has less issues out of box, right?
i mean, say i purchase sammy 3213 and unfortunately see the network reception issue is present. in that case, im sure sammy service center cant solve the issue.
let it be x2-02 then.
power bhai, i am replying from my mobile. will post some links where users complaining that x2 restarts sometimes to times.
thanks for your suggestions guys. will purchase today or max tomorrow. if you have any other suggr, let me know.

one query, how is the headset bundled with x2?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
All Nokia & Samsung lowend headsets are absolutely crap. Even some highend mobiles ship with same headset. Its pain to wear them. Not talking about sound quality.

I own a few samsung phones ranging from 1k-4k, and I haven't experienced any issues in any of them.

i have LG & Samsung mobile and till now the voice clarity is ok. haven't faced any such issue but as OP himself want to avoid LG as well as Samsung, i think we better not keep suggesting those. After all his area may have poor signal strength that Nokia mobiles can catch whereas Samsung mobiles fail in that task.

Priority care is the best service out there!!!!! I don't think so, I have a experience of many year can say around 6-8yrs and literally su**s

take a 30k Samsung mobile to service center. you'll get top notch service. Do the same with a 3k Samsung mobile, you'll know the difference.

power_8383

Eager to learn.
power bhai, i am replying from my mobile. will post some links where users complaining that x2 restarts sometimes to times.

I have bought this phone for my dad.
Haven't faced any problem in last 7-8 days.

And sorry, I am not into music that much so cant say if it is good or bad.

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
i have LG & Samsung mobile and till now the voice clarity is ok. haven't faced any such issue but as OP himself want to avoid LG as well as Samsung, i think we better not keep suggesting those. After all his area may have poor signal strength that Nokia mobiles can catch whereas Samsung mobiles fail in that task.

My Arc also has top notch signal reception and call clarity. But the sammy fails. So it will be x2 finally, unless I want to spend much more and get some other 3G phone (very less likely).

[Offtopic]
Sam, you are reaching 10,000 posts. Congo :)
[/Offtopic]

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
OT: Today I got a c1-01 for my mom. She says "beta sab thik hai but screen thoda chhota hai :p" (I thought 1.8 inches would be enough for her :|)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
My Arc also has top notch signal reception and call clarity. But the sammy fails. So it will be x2 finally, unless I want to spend much more and get some other 3G phone (very less likely).

there are 3G mobiles within 3k but from Samsung and the screen is pretty poor. low resolution and camera is useless.

[Offtopic]
Sam, you are reaching 10,000 posts. Congo :)
[/Offtopic]

OT: Today I got a c1-01 for my mom. She says "beta sab thik hai but screen thoda chhota hai :p" (I thought 1.8 inches would be enough for her :|)

1.8" do looks small. 2-2.2" looks better but Nokia doesn't have under 3k mobiles with 2" screen i guess.

Aunty might have seen 'Desh smart ban raha hai, aap kab ban rahe ho ?' :D

:lol:

Top Bottom