Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

spy king

Broken In
What are my options in a VFM GPU that will later support Dvi panels mainly for movies and some old games...
2-3k budget :|
tks..

mihir.tailor

Right off the assembly line
hey all :
i already own a pc which is on its death bed .. the confiuration of this pc is not even mentionable since it is five years old and is based on one of the earliest AMD Sempron things ... now i need to buy a new pc with a stringent budget for my practical purposes (programming : since i'm doing bachelors in computers)... i will use this pc only & only for programming and watching movies (as i am a big movie freak .) i have decided onto either a viewsonic 22" widescreen display or the new Benq Full HD 22" widescreen disp...
please help me with the rest of the configuration /.it should be well within 15k (or else dad will kill me since i recently got a new FZ 16 .. so cant afford :mad:)

hey all :
i already own a pc which is on its death bed .. the confiuration of this pc is not even mentionable since it is five years old and is based on one of the earliest AMD Sempron things ... now i need to buy a new pc with a stringent budget for my practical purposes (programming : since i'm doing bachelors in computers)... i will use this pc only & only for programming and watching movies (as i am a big movie freak .) i have decided onto either a viewsonic 22" widescreen display or the new Benq Full HD 22" widescreen disp...
please help me with the rest of the configuration /.it should be well within 15k (or else dad will kill me since i recently got a new FZ 16 .. so cant afford :mad:)

At 15 k your best bet wld be an AMD based Rig ..so that it can decode HD videos too as u r buying 22" LCD. So here it goes.

AMD X2 4600+ -- 2700
Jetway 780 G motherboard -- 3100
2 GB DDR2 800 Mhz -- 1500
250 GB HDD -- 2400
Samsung DVD RW -- 1100
Zebronics Krrish Cabby -- 1100
Logitech Combo -- 700
Altec Lansing BXR 1121/VS2421 -- 1100/2200 (depending on your choice)

Total 14.8 k with VS2421. This config is good enuff for programming and will easily decode HD videos.
If u already have speakers ... then u can go for Biostar 780 G mobo + x2 4800 and 320 GB HDD.

How much will the 8600GT be??

tks!

8600 GT comes from 3k to 4.2 k depending on the brand and ur location.

Last edited:

bhavneet

hey guys i want to build a gamming rig for 50K (cant go higher thn tht ) ..i wld require all the components...i hve also heard tht the prices of all the comonents are at a higher side right now so wld it be advisable to wait ? plz reply asap and thnx in advance

mihir.tailor

thanks a lot harryneopotter
... i've already got good headphones ( they are 5.1 .. they are from zalman ..and yes ! they rock \m/) and kbd & mouse as well ...so i would probably go wid the same mobo but with a 500 gb hdd ... hows that .?/:cool:
thanks again for the config .

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
hey guys i want to build a gamming rig for 50K (cant go higher thn tht ) ..i wld require all the components...i hve also heard tht the prices of all the comonents are at a higher side right now so wld it be advisable to wait ? plz reply asap and thnx in advance

The prices are pretty much settled

Go for :-

E7200
MSI P45 Neo-F
2x2GB DDR2 800MHz Transcend RAM
640GB WD Caviar HDD
Corsair VX450W PSU
CoolerMaster CM690 cabinet
Dell 198WFP 19" LCD
Palit HD4850 512MB GDDR3
Altec Lansing BXR1121 2.1 speakers
Logitech MX518 mouse
Logitech Multimedia keyboard

thanks a lot harryneopotter
... i've already got good headphones ( they are 5.1 .. they are from zalman ..and yes ! they rock \m/) and kbd & mouse as well ...so i would probably go wid the same mobo but with a 500 gb hdd ... hows that .?/:cool:
thanks again for the config .

if u have k/b mouse and speakers ... then i will suggest u go for the biostar mobo, u cld still opt for 500GB (Or even 640 GB from WD) .

kooldarklord

Broken In
ppl lil help needed here
buyin a new "CPU"..............My Budget is arnd Rs 20K
its just the cpu i want n i already have a dvd writer so exclude dat...... nd yeah i'll be playin at only 1024*768 resolution so need for over d top graphic card.......;)

E7200 -- 5.6k
Asus P5k PLVM -- 2.7k
2 GB DDR2 800 -- 1.4k
160GB HDD -- 1.8k
Zebronics Krrish Cabinet with 500 W Platinum SMPS - 1.5k
MSI 9600 GT OC -- 7k.

This is the best u can get in 20k ........

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Wait ... lol his budget his 20k. I read something else :(.

Go for hnp's config. You can swap the 160gig HDD for a 250gig HDD for just 600bucks more :).

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven
ppl lil help needed here
buyin a new "CPU"..............My Budget is arnd Rs 20K
its just the cpu i want n i already have a dvd writer so exclude dat...... nd yeah i'll be playin at only 1024*768 resolution so need for over d top graphic card.......;)

u & me have the same willing..I also want to play games just in 1024*768 resolution in high or very high,I already have a Pentium-D 3.0Ghz,DG965RY,2GB 667Mhz Kingston ram...& I just replaced my old nvidia-7300LE with a ATI Radeon-HD4670...Not a Uber configuration but it is more than enough for me...I can play all the latest games in the 1024 resolution in high or very high & getting 30-40 fps in all the games...My suggested config is
Asus
P5K PL VM =2.7k
Core 2 DuoE7200 =5.6k
2 GB DDR2 800 = 1.4k
160GB HDD =1.8k
Coolermaster500W SMPS =2.8k
Palit HD 4670 =5.7k

This is pretty good config u can get in 20k ........ & u can play all the latest games...if u can pay few bit more..then u can go for Palit 9600GT(6500/-)...
www.theitwares.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom