Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu

Technomancer
:D ,

500 diffeence is ok, coz rates differ from city to city ! the only thing you should remember is that you get a motherboard which is future proof ( well, there is no thing thats future proof :D , but for coming year i may say )

get a motherboard with PCIe 2.0 and atleast 4 ram slots ( which is alsmot in all boards now )

as you mentioned before you budget is 30k, you might wanna go for ASUS 780G with a AMD X2 4800+ or if you can get get a X3 :) ,
ups is must for your purchase :)

22" might be form 15k or so..
Creative 5.1 rocks , but if you want for music its altec :D

sivakeshava

Broken In
Well i do know about the buffer usage.
Its important stage between DMA between HDD and RAM. But 8MB is more then ok for my needs. Besides i am giving this to my friend.

Now Check out what i got. Its a Steal. Check out Specs here.

ViewSonic VX1940W ! For 10100 Rs !

Pictures for your pleasure. ;)

*img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/4/7/20/t_DSC00475film_6f96e9e.jpg

*img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/4/7/20/t_DSC00476film_73b86fb.jpg

I got it From Kukreja Electronics in 3rd Block Jaynagar.

In my opinion you should've got yourself a Samsung 943NWX LCD which was costing only 9400/- in hyderabad CTC.

Chetz

Humble Prince
@ shantanu

thanks mate.. shd i go for tv tuner card n graphics card separate or shd i go for ati all in wonder card

:D ,

500 diffeence is ok, coz rates differ from city to city ! the only thing you should remember is that you get a motherboard which is future proof ( well, there is no thing thats future proof :D , but for coming year i may say )

get a motherboard with PCIe 2.0 and atleast 4 ram slots ( which is alsmot in all boards now )

as you mentioned before you budget is 30k, you might wanna go for ASUS 780G with a AMD X2 4800+ or if you can get get a X3 :) ,
ups is must for your purchase :)

22" might be form 15k or so..
Creative 5.1 rocks , but if you want for music its altec :D
I think if he is in for a relatively low budget PC, he should instead go for a cheaper Gigabyte or Zotac 780G motherboard, or, even lower, a Zotac GeForce 8200 board. With the last option, he can manage to wriggle out enough money to get a X3 :D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
In my opinion you should've got yourself a Samsung 943NWX LCD which was costing only 9400/- in hyderabad CTC.

no mate. I think that Viewsonic display is better. It's resolution is 1680x1050, 2ms response time, has DVI and VGA ports. Samsung 943NWX lags behing this particular model by a mile. It's a shame that samsung does not include a DVI port on most of it's current gen LCD's.

Checked few models online and they say that this viewsonic monitor a good performer.

Chetz

Humble Prince
I think if he is in for a relatively low budget PC, he should instead go for a cheaper Gigabyte or Zotac 780G motherboard, or, even lower, a Zotac GeForce 8200 board. With the last option, he can manage to wriggle out enough money to get a X3 :D

Hey dude, i don mind if i spend extra money dude.. i can go till 35,000 max.. but i want best in my system. and in my config 22" tft monitor is a must i need it . other components may vary as u people reccomend. if u want suggest me a pc config please.

Hey dude, i don mind if i spend extra money dude.. i can go till 35,000 max.. but i want best in my system. and in my config 22" tft monitor is a must i need it . other components may vary as u people reccomend. if u want suggest me a pc config please.
one question before I proceed: do you need a good graphics card ?
another question: do you need express gate ?

shantanu

Technomancer
you should go for seprate cards .. :)

gautham got my Quad :D 9550 : usign it on stock cooling ! tell me some toold to test it :) :D ... it has 4mb total cache and runs on 2.20 mhz :)

utsav

damn busy...
it has 4mb total cache and runs on 2.20 mhz :)

man ur proccy runs too fast :D

some1 suggest me which g31 mobo i should use to pair my e7200 with it .abit ip35 e has issues so not going for it now. max budget 3.3k .no intel originals plz.

Dude congratulations. I have NO idea about synthetic benchmarks since I am so used to doing things the old fashioned way:

see the time taken to encode Digit Don DVD (ah... those were the days of digit mag) to XviD high quality 700MB video with Vorbis ABR 128kbps using Handbrake

Play Crysis and at the same time browse in IE for cheatcodes

While doing the above ripping, also browse firefox with 20 tabs open and listening to audio from music player

etc

Hadrcore old fashioned but most realistic. If it satisfies you, consider the result positive ;)

I guess only hellgate or darklord or similar benchmark guru can help you... :(

satyamy

Alive Again...
I suggest getting an Intel Dot Station computer. It is a small computer with everything built into the monitor. It looks quite good, reminding us of classical iMacs. It has 64mb RAM, 300MHz Celeron, Intel 810 Motherboard, 10GB HDD and a 14" Colour Monitor. It has TouchPad within the keyboard instead of a mouse and comes with a phone on top for calling and dial-up.

It costs Rs. 3640 including taxes.

This is definitely one of the weakest computers ever by today's standards, but it fits his needs and Windows 98 perfectly. :)
WOW!
What and Idea yaar
Thanks Gautam

Actually my Uncle who lives in Our Hometown want a Small PC for Typing and Little Internet work
So this suits perfect
and I can also give him this low budget PC as a Gift :D

One Question

Can we connect Printer and PS/2 in Intel Dot Station ?

Last edited:

moshel

Padawan
do the MSI K9AGM V2 / MSI K9AGM-FD (AMD 780G) have onboard video???????

any good mobo for AMD proccy (tell me which chipset it is) from the asus stables?? must have onboard video.

its easier to get Asus in ahmedabad.

Chetz

Humble Prince
one question before I proceed: do you need a good graphics card ?
another question: do you need express gate ?

I don want a graphics card if itz too much expensive and crosses my budget . if u can fit it in within 35 k itz fine..
let me repeat again : i am not that serious gamer. i pleay only fifa, CS,GTA kinda games. and i use pc for much of multimedia like watchin tv, movies n listenin music.

then i dunno watz express gate.

shantanu

Technomancer
my temperatures are shows to be : 51 C isnt that way too high ? th core temp are 38 -38- 38- 38 , but i touched the heatsink its barely warm ?

can anyone shed some light ? might be bad report ?

shift

Seed is the Life!!
Rate this rig + help

bought this today for my frind and SLI'ed it

AMD Athlon 6000+ - Rs.5250
ASUS M2N E SLI - Rs.4775
2 X 1GB 667Mhz - Rs.2000
Seagate SATA 360GB HDD - Rs.2450
ASUS SATA DVD Writer with LightScribe - Rs.1350
22" ViewSonic - Rs.12500
2 X XFX 8600GT 512MB (SLI)- Rs.9000
Zebronics RAGE Cabinet - Rs.2500

EDIT : Oh, i forget, 650W Typhoon SMPS (dnt knw the price)

im planning to buy this config too, maybe next week

please tell which and what to change....

PLUS

i need help

there is no sound

can anybody tell me where to put the jumper to enable the audio?

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.