Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude congratulations. I have NO idea about synthetic benchmarks since I am so used to doing things the old fashioned way:

see the time taken to encode Digit Don DVD (ah... those were the days of digit mag) to XviD high quality 700MB video with Vorbis ABR 128kbps using Handbrake

Play Crysis and at the same time browse in IE for cheatcodes

While doing the above ripping, also browse firefox with 20 tabs open and listening to audio from music player

etc

Hadrcore old fashioned but most realistic. If it satisfies you, consider the result positive ;)

I guess only hellgate or darklord or similar benchmark guru can help you... :(

no need to be sad :p
here, check out this :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61571

WOW!
What and Idea yaar
Thanks Gautam

Actually my Uncle who lives in Our Hometown want a Small PC for Typing and Little Internet work
So this suits perfect
and I can also give him this low budget PC as a Gift :D

One Question

Can we connect Printer and PS/2 in Intel Dot Station ?
Does Intel 810 chipset have PS/2 port ? Does it have a port to connect a printer ?
Depending on that reply, my answer is Yes or No.

And BTW, this is one of the most crippled PCs you can buy as a gift. It looks attractive, and I have seen it running on a store for billing system when I was out hunting for fresh frenchies, but I doubt it can do anything big. Other than surfing with old version of IE, typing in office 97 and running windows 98, it can't do much.
I don want a graphics card if itz too much expensive and crosses my budget . if u can fit it in within 35 k itz fine..
let me repeat again : i am not that serious gamer. i pleay only fifa, CS,GTA kinda games. and i use pc for much of multimedia like watchin tv, movies n listenin music.

then i dunno watz express gate.
Given a choice between spending some money for getting a better CPU and a better Graphics Processing power, what would you prefer ? Thats the simple question. A basic GPU can easily fit in a 35K budget :)

And Express Gate is a feature many ASUS motherboards have, read this: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splashtop then decide if its worth spending 1K extra for this awssome feature.

blackbird

Journeyman
@Chota Cheeta
What a Ignorance.
I am trying to communicate from 7 days even i opened 2 threads for this still i am not getting a simple answer to my question.. I am not asking for a full config just want a good mobo and a decision in amd and intel.. Now i am leaving to mumbai no need to tell anything.. This is really stupid that i asked something on this forum.

Chetz

Humble Prince
Given a choice between spending some money for getting a better CPU and a better Graphics Processing power, what would you prefer ? Thats the simple question. A basic GPU can easily fit in a 35K budget :)

And Express Gate is a feature many ASUS motherboards have, read this: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splashtop then decide if its worth spending 1K extra for this awssome feature.

Hello Gautham, i will choose for better graphics processing power coz i don think i have any use in gettin a high speed cpu. for my use it will be like fittin horse's head to a donkey's body.
And ya express gate seems 2 be a nice feature. if itz worth i will go for it.
so wat config wil u suggest me.

Hello Gautham, i will choose for better graphics processing power coz i don think i have any use in gettin a high speed cpu. for my use it will be like fittin horse's head to a donkey's body.
And ya express gate seems 2 be a nice feature. if itz worth i will go for it.
so wat config wil u suggest me.
zotac gf8200 3.4k no express gate
asus m3a 780g 5.5k express gate

worth the price diff ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@shift,

OMG, you bought XFX 8600GT and running two of them in SLI mode??? that's a terrible mistake dude. It's a microwave reaching ultra high temperatures.

two of them will be enough to make grill chicken :)

if you notice ultra high temperatures, replace the GPU's fans with cooler master's

COming to the audio issues, just check the motherboard layout in the manual or call the dealer who sold you the PC.

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
i just bought the nano paste available at cooler master with a vortex CPU cooler :) my temp were 51 and now they came down to 29 C :O amazing.. it really works plus i updated my BIOS to latest :)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Chota Cheeta
What a Ignorance.
I am trying to communicate from 7 days even i opened 2 threads for this still i am not getting a simple answer to my question.. I am not asking for a full config just want a good mobo and a decision in amd and intel.. Now i am leaving to mumbai no need to tell anything.. This is really stupid that i asked something on this forum.

Sorry to disappoint you,

Please do understand, just like you I am also just another member here.. I dont get paid to post my reply and make no mistake mate, I dont enjoy keeping people on hold...

Please try to understand we have our own physical life to live.. I have to execute tasks assigned to me, and find some time to come down here totally volntrly to share what ever little knowledge I have...

The idea was / is never to ignore any one but rather try to share what ever is possible, but some time the volume of request is really really high, once again please note, this is not the single forum where I am active in so there are many other sources from where support request comes I try my best to see if I can answer every single of them, but as I said some time the volume or emails / blog entry / forum threads / PMs gets so high that it becomes really hard to cover all of them

If I have missed anything from you, I do appologise and once again, I want you to know, what ever it is, it is never intentional !!!

If you have any thing to ask, please post, if I have any knowledge about it, I would surely try and share it...

P.S. :- Think in this way also, you have felt ignorance, where as what I would feel after reading your comment :cry:, even after finding time from my own day to day schedule, even after devoting my self totally free of cost still I would face a comment in which would crown me an unhelpful / un worthy member :cry:

Do u think it would help the moral to continue to operate till 2 - 2.30 even after knowing that I am in need to leave bed at 6 in the morning ??

:cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Dont be discouraged saurav.. sometimes ppl are nt able to see through other ppl's efforts when they are not satisfied themselves. Its a basic human nature to yell/rant when somethng doesnt happen according to ur comfort, though its is not present in all of us. And i might have told u before (and i see no harm in repeating it) that its becoz of ppl like u this "thinkdigit forum" is different from other tech forums. I cant say about others but as for me, i really admire ur efforts. Plz dnt get upset becoz of one single Poster or comment. i think i have made my point clear (i am not much of a debator so dnt have experience of looooooong posts.)

Sachin.

hey dude..i said price diff is okay with me.. please reccomend me a config man.. u forgot o wat..
sorry...

AMD Phenom X3 8450 5.5K or Phenom X4 8550 not_sure_of_price
ASUS M3A 780G Motherboard 5.5K
Transcend Value RAM DDR2 800MHz 1GB + 1GB 1.85K
Local Cabinet + 500W SMPS 1.1K
Microsoft or Logitech Keyboard+Mouse combo 1.1K
Samsung Octo Edge DVD-RAM Drive 1.2K
Basic 22" LCD 12.5K to 15K - you got quite decent models from BenQ and Dell I remember
Creative Inspire 2.1 Speakers or Altec Lancing 2.1 Speakers 1.6K
Seagate 250GB HDD 2.4K or Seagate 7200.11 RPM 32MB Buffer 500GB HDD 4.15K

did I miss something ? pick what suits you...

Chetz

Humble Prince
the config seems to be good. but i don have a use of a quad quore system.
also mention abt tv tuner card man . or perhaps ATI all in wonder card.
then how abt 5.1 creative speaker?

the config seems to be good. but i don have a use of a quad quore system.
also mention abt tv tuner card man . or perhaps ATI all in wonder card.
then how abt 5.1 creative speaker?
yup... since you don need quad core, delete it and keep X3 atleast.. its worth it...
5.1 creative inspire is awssome for breaking your ears... get them :D
me knows nuttin about TV tuner cards :(

harish_21_10

In the zone
hey guys..i needed ur help to buy a new sys..i did post in the QnA section but no replies..can u spare some time nd help me with it..heres my thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93844

can someone please find the price of the following board in India ?
*www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mothe...px?ProductID=2859&ProductName=GA-MA78GPM-DS2H
its a 780G board with onboard memory for graphics.
Its supposed to have lots of performance.

Chetz

Humble Prince
can someone please find the price of the following board in India ?
*www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mothe...px?ProductID=2859&ProductName=GA-MA78GPM-DS2H
its a 780G board with onboard memory for graphics.
Its supposed to have lots of performance.

in mangalore itz 5.6 k.

hello gautham , shantanu , cheetah n others . i once again went to dealer and based ur suggestions he has quoted me following for the components :

AMD Athlon 4800 + - 2975
Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H - 5,600
2 GB DDR2 RAM - 1975
250 GB SEAGATE SATA - 2400
DVD-RW LG 22X -1200
ATX-CABINET MERCURY -1300+
22" TFT AOC/SAMSUNG/LG - 12,500/16,700/14,000
MM KB N OPTICAL MOUSE - 750
5.1 SPEAKERS CREATIVE - 3600
UPS 600 VA - 1950
TV TUNER CARD PINNACLE - 2350
TOTAL - 36,600 ( INCLUDED AOC MONITOR ) + 4% vat

how do u rate this configuration ??? is it worthy ?? do u think i need a graphics card anywhere or the on board graphics will be enuff ??

@gautham - i did ask him abt the express gate motherboard as u had advised me earlier. he said that he doesnt have any clue bout it n he doesnt deal with ASUS motherboards. Nor do most of the dealers in mangalore. they prefer other mother boards above ASUS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom