Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to order this system from theitwares.com tommorrow. Do u think the prices are alright?
Core2Duo E7200 2.53Ghz Rs.5,900/-
2 GB DDR2 800Mhz Transcend RAM Rs.1,950/-
Abit IP35-E Rs.5,350/-
Palit HD4850 Rs.11,500/-
POV 500W Black Diamond PSU Rs.2650/-

This system will be used mainly for gaming and some movie watching. Please comment on the above configuration and prices.
RAM could have been Rs. 150 cheaper. And CPU could have been Rs. 200 cheaper. But thats as low as you can get. You can't possibly buy this rig for anything lower. :p

And have you considered going for AMD instead ? You can replace only CPU and Mobo, with AMD Phenom X3 8450 for Rs. 5,500/- and Gigabyte 780G for Rs. 4,400/-

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^^^

Yes I too vote for Spider Platform :D :D

Hello Cheetah,

I wanted some help from u.

As u know i am gonna buy a new system. Which OS do u think is better. XP or Vista.?
I had asked abt Vista to my retalier. He said that it will slow down the machine. So wat do u have to say about this?

Hello,

Windows Vista wont slow you down with a new PC for certain. Infact Vista would take full advantage of Core 2 Duo / Quad or AMD X2 / X3 /X4 based systems rather Win XP.

There are few things which you may consider before thinking which OS to buy, in case of a new system I would always vote for Windows Vista :) where as if you own a system which is already running Windows XP, then wait for your next upgrade and then think of a new OS as in next 2 years we are suppose to have Windows 7 :)

But once again, if you are buying a new system, consider Windows Vista...

For information, 1 GB RAM and as low as Intel 945 (GMA 3000) would be just fine for vista to run with Areo and all vidual effect :) where as I would recommend 2 GB for totally smooth performance while running Photoshop type RAM hungry apps :)

Thank you.

Last edited:

Night-Rider

Journeyman
But after the reviews i have seen so far e7200 came out to be better than the spider platform. As i am mainly into gaming so 3 cores might be an overkill as the third core will be doing nothing but sitting idle thats why i chose Intel e7200+abit ip35-e

Look at this review.
*www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=751&p=7

Last edited:

Chetz

Humble Prince
Hey Cheetah, u knw right Dealers usually put Pirated version of any software , including Vista. So is it safe to go 2 Vista. He is sayin that orignal OS (wheter XP or Vista) will cost me 5000-10000 more.. so wat to do? i don have that deep pockets. is Pirated Vista alright?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Hey Cheetah, u knw right Dealers usually put Pirated version of any software , including Vista. So is it safe to go 2 Vista. He is sayin that orignal OS (wheter XP or Vista) will cost me 5000-10000 more.. so wat to do? i don have that deep pockets. is Pirated Vista alright?

Windows Vista Home Premium should be around Rs. 4.5k where as the business may come at around Rs. 5.5k for OEM Packs.

If you buy Windows Vista Business, Microsoft allows you free downgrade to Windows XP Pro too :) *www.chotocheeta.com/2008/07/14/windows-vista-downgrade-rights-to-keep-windows-xp-alive/

cheetah bhai i want to build a new system .....only the cpu i.e mobo+proccy+ram.....i hv the hard disk ,,,dvd writer n moniter......my budget is 10k.....wht do u suggest........

Hello,

Can you please let us know the usage of that system ? i would be easy then to suggest as per your need :)

thank you.

satyamy

Alive Again...
Need a Very Basic PC (CPU) for my C.A. Friend

He has Monitor

He Need to Run Only and Only Windows 98, Tally, MS Office thats it

He dont like Virtual PC so need some Old type Celeron or P4 processor for running Win98

Please Help

Night-Rider

Journeyman
cheeta any comments on my previous post?
But after the reviews i have seen so far e7200 came out to be better than the spider platform. As i am mainly into gaming so 3 cores might be an overkill as the third core will be doing nothing but sitting idle thats why i chose Intel e7200+abit ip35-e

Look at this review.

If you buy Windows Vista Business, Microsoft allows you free downgrade to Windows XP Pro too :) *www.chotocheeta.com/2008/07/14/windows-vista-downgrade-rights-to-keep-windows-xp-alive/
What does Windows Vista Home Premium have that Windows Vista Business does not have ?

Does this switching right mean I can install a pirated windows xp version, named windows xp gamers edition, which is optimised for gaming, and dual boot it with normal windows vista ?
Need a Very Basic PC (CPU) for my C.A. Friend

He has Monitor

He Need to Run Only and Only Windows 98, Tally, MS Office thats it

He dont like Virtual PC so need some Old type Celeron or P4 processor for running Win98

Please Help
I suggest getting an Intel Dot Station computer. It is a small computer with everything built into the monitor. It looks quite good, reminding us of classical iMacs. It has 64mb RAM, 300MHz Celeron, Intel 810 Motherboard, 10GB HDD and a 14" Colour Monitor. It has TouchPad within the keyboard instead of a mouse and comes with a phone on top for calling and dial-up.

It costs Rs. 3640 including taxes.

This is definitely one of the weakest computers ever by today's standards, but it fits his needs and Windows 98 perfectly. :)
^^^^^

Yes I too vote for Spider Platform :D :D.
I don't think you do. You see, there is this issue with Spider. That config is NOT SPIDER. :p

Most people buying new X3 phenoms and 780G think they have spider and start flaunting that they got a gaming platform cheap. But spider is different. Spider includes ONLY Quad Core CPUs and not triple Core CPUs. Also, AMD 790FX is the spider chipset not AMD 780G. A Triple Core with 780G is something like spider with 6 legs. Not a full spider.

But what to do ? Spider is such a cool name :cry:

Look at this review.
Heard the word multitasking ? If you are multitasking, three cores would be a bigger advantage than just two. These benchmarks involve running nothing but the benchmarking software, and thats not exactly something thats seen in real life situations. Infact, dual core CPUs had the same comment, with websites like these saying everyone to get a Pentium 4 With HT at 3.8Ghz instead of a Pentium D at 2.2 GHz per core. Because games were not yet optimised for dual cores. But they had the real advantage in real life situations. And now Dual Cores are DeFacto for gaming. The same history is repeating, with it being better to invest in a Quad Core Core2Quad or PHENOM than a dual core Core2Duo or AthlonX2. Its simply more future proof.

Last edited:

satyamy

Alive Again...
Thanks

What is ur opinion abt this ?
Intel 845 Board, 2.8Ghz Proc, 512RAM, 40GB HDD

this PC can also run WinXP

and wht will be its cost ?
Please Help

Thanks

What is ur opinion abt this ?
Intel 845 Board, 2.8Ghz Proc, 512RAM, 40GB HDD

this PC can also run WinXP

and wht will be its cost ?
Please Help
too high end :lol:

and rare to find those parts.

btw, my friend wants to sell the exact config for 3.2k. this feels like dejavu :p

anyway, how about

Sempron LE 2.0GHz Rs. 1,400
VIA Motherboard Rs. 1,600
512mb DDR2 667MHz ram Rs. 500

or something like that ?

Night-Rider

Journeyman
^^ Yes may be u r right. But future is uncertain. Maybe the games begin to get optimised only for quad cores. But still the triple core is a bit awkward. I don't think the games will ever get optimised for 3 core processors.
Btw i know what multitasking is. :D

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
better this Intel D945GCLF-ATOM board + cel 1.6 + Fan 3350
Intel New Model Board With Intergrated Celeron / ATOM CPU Which Will outperform all Old Celeron Models

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
I have finally zeroed in on the following config for my upgrade.all prices are approx.as the dealer had quoted 2 days ago in mumbai.I want the pc for hardcore overclocking nd casual gaming(cricket series,pro evolution soccerseries nd ps2 emulation for smackdown vs raw series)

Intel E8400 - 8k
Abit IP35-e -5k
WD 640GB -4.2k
1GB DDR3 1333MHz -2.2k
Palit 9600GSO 384MB -6k

Total=25.4k

My budget is 29-30k.i also want to fit in a cabinet+PSU+keyboard-mouse+webcam+DVD writer(Cabinet+PSU must have)

Following are my doubts

1.Will i get ip35-e with the latest bios coz the older bios has some issues with dual-boot.but that's 4mnths ago.

2.Can i get 750GB for 5k or atleast fit it in some way

3.Should i go for DDR3 or 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz.who'll perform better?

4.Should the PSU be 500 or 600W.

5.Should i install 64bit versions of windows for any performance gain.

tomorrow's the day.plz for all the years with digit and this forum plzz guyz do reply

better this Intel D945GCLF-ATOM board + cel 1.6 + Fan 3350
Intel New Model Board With Intergrated Celeron / ATOM CPU Which Will outperform all Old Celeron Models
Nope. Its better I think to get AMD Sempron + VIA Board. Sempron has much more power than Atom from what I have heard.

Whats that set's cost ? And is it also ultra low power ? If so, then Atom DOES INDEED make a good choice.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I am eagerly waiting for prices cut, have delayed my purchase.
hope the wait is not too long, and Indian prices match global prices

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I wan to upgrade my system. Upgrade will include Processor, Motherboard,RAM,GPU,PSU and Display. My budget is 1 lac in which I might buy a PS3 40GB version. Please also do keep in mind that this upgrade is going to be no sooner than December. :mad:

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well because in December we get the principal influx of cash flow and moreover I've reserved 50K for my Laptop which I'll buy in nov. or Dec. so at that time or late to late by February I'll upgrade the desktop too. BTW I'm hoping to get a Full HD display and at max a Quad SLi or at least a SLi config. If I go for a quad SLi solution then I may not buy PS3.

Well because in December we get the principal influx of cash flow and moreover I've reserved 50K for my Laptop which I'll buy in nov. or Dec. so at that time or late to late by February I'll upgrade the desktop too. BTW I'm hoping to get a Full HD display and at max a Quad SLi or at least a SLi config. If I go for a quad SLi solution then I may not buy PS3.
As I said, its great. Even I am getting my full blown upgrade next year, somewhere in June.
The advantage you will get is that you can use Nehalem or Deneb as the platform, and DDR3 is more accessable. :D

shantanu

Technomancer
hey guys , i am getting a ASUS M3N-78 EMX HDMI motherboard for phenom platform(actually that is what i am getting with local dealers ) :D , they quoted me 5800/- tax paid, but i cannot find the board on ASUS Website ? what should i do ? its GF8200 chipset :( ! and i am goona use a 9600GT on it :) any suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom