Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D lol the i cancelled both board and GFX i am going for 780G and Ati 4850 just got the appropriate prcing..

motherboard : ASUS M3A series with 780G chipset == 5.3k
Gfx card : ati 4850 == 9.7k ( this one i think is pretty worth) :D

i lost my full day today at computer Mall man.. :D

anymore suggestion ? as i have hold the order today :)
Oi! You got 4850 for 9.7K ? :shock:
where the hell did you manage to get that stuff filthy cheap ?:confused:

And is the mobo with Express Gate ? Which one is it ? Is it one of those from the links I gave you from ASUS website ?

Hello all!!
Been going through this thread with great interest.. so though I would join and post a few questions of my own :)

I have two PC's
One's a P4 3.0ghz based system and the other an old Celeron based system..

I would like to upgrade only the CPU(mobo/procy/ram) for them..

I need one system for mild photoshop/indesign work and the other for general net/movies/light games..
But here's the catch.. I'm on a budget of about 10-15K(for both :( )
and if the budget allows would like to add a DVD drive and HDD for one system..
what would you guru's suggest?? Is it going to be possible??

Thanks
Personal advice: Transfer the P4 PC's contents to Old Celeron. Even HDD. If RAMs are compatible, keep them too. Concentrate all your stuff to one PC and get rid of celeron mobo and proccy by selling away.

Invest the rest of the money on a rig like this:

Gigabyte 780G motherboard 4.4K
(low price alternative) Zotac GF8200 motherboard 3.4K
AMD Phenom X3 8450 CPU 5.5K
Transcend/Kingston Value RAM DDR2 800MHz 1.8K
Samsung SATA DVD Writer 1.2K
250GB Seagate SATA II 7200RPM 16MB Buffer HDD 2.5K

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah from ASUS website, i think it was from the link you gave ! yes it has express gate :D , my local dealer quoted me 4850 for 9.7k :D ! i hope he gets it for that rate! but its worth naa ?

spy king

Broken In
Snip...

Personal advice: Transfer the P4 PC's contents to Old Celeron. Even HDD. If RAMs are compatible, keep them too. Concentrate all your stuff to one PC and get rid of celeron mobo and proccy by selling away.

Invest the rest of the money on a rig like this:

Gigabyte 780G motherboard 4.4K
(low price alternative) Zotac GF8200 motherboard 3.4K
AMD Phenom X3 8450 CPU 5.5K
Transcend/Kingston Value RAM DDR2 800MHz 1.8K
Samsung SATA DVD Writer 1.2K
250GB Seagate SATA II 7200RPM 16MB Buffer HDD 2.5K

I need to have two working systems, One for me other for sis.. so I can't get rid of the second CPU..
also.. what are my options at the intel stables??
I was thinking I could add some more ram onto my p4 and pass it on to my sis :D for her design work and use the rest of the cash on getting a new PCU for me.. :)
my current rig's a P4 3.0ghzHT proccy with intel 845 board.. and 512mb ram..

Thanks

upendra_gp

In the zone
i am going to update my current system. i have a budget of 20k. please give me urgent configuration. and pls include a graphics card too. i wanna buy mb+proccy,RAM,cabinet,monitor(CRT),kb+mouse,hdd,gfx card.

I need to have two working systems, One for me other for sis.. so I can't get rid of the second CPU..
also.. what are my options at the intel stables??
I was thinking I could add some more ram onto my p4 and pass it on to my sis :D for her design work and use the rest of the cash on getting a new PCU for me.. :)
my current rig's a P4 3.0ghzHT proccy with intel 845 board.. and 512mb ram..

Thanks
Thats what even I said. Keep the P4, add the old celeron's hdd into it.
Then, spend all the money on your computer.

but since the celeron cpu itself is now useless, chuck it.:D

I think I gave you the cheapest possible rig that performs by today's standards. Zotac GF8200 gives you HDMI and full HD video decoding onboard along with decent frame rates in most older games. All this for 3.4K. What more do you want ? Intel will make you shed a lot of cash on the motherboard. If you need intel, you might have to go for E7200, which costs the same as Phenom 8450, but its not as powerful in the long run. (they currently go neck to neck).

Quest

Right off the assembly line
hello experts!! i too need your help. I have decided the following configuration and i would like to have your suggestion

Motherboard:Asus P5Q-E delux P45 chipset
Processor :Intel quad core Q9300
RAM :4GB corsair DDR2 800 Mhz
Monitor : Dell SP2008 WFP
Harddisk :Hard disk 250 gb Seagate
Cabinet :Antec P three hundred
Drive :Asus Lightscribe DVD-RW 20 X
Power :Coller Master Extreme Duo 600W

Which graphics card to buy, my the vendor had suggested me to get an ATI card against my choice of having nVIDIA as P45 is designed for ATi crossfire, but i will be using only one gpx card.

Also suggest me a good power supply

hello experts!! i too need your help. I have decided the following configuration and i would like to have your suggestion

Motherboard:Asus P5Q-E delux P45 chipset
Processor :Intel quad core Q9300
RAM :4GB corsair DDR2 800 Mhz
Monitor : Dell SP2008 WFP
Harddisk :Hard disk 250 gb Seagate
Cabinet :Antec P three hundred
Drive :Asus Lightscribe DVD-RW 20 X
Power :Coller Master Extreme Duo 600W

Which graphics card to buy, my the vendor had suggested me to get an ATI card against my choice of having nVIDIA as P45 is designed for ATi crossfire, but i will be using only one gpx card.

Also suggest me a good power supply
Get atleast 500GB HDD With 32MB Buffer for this rig. A puny 250GB disc will bottleneck this otherwise godly system.

Yes, ATi Is indeed much much much better option than nVidia today. Its much much much more value for money and performance per buck. See how Shantanu got a HD4850 for 9.7K. Its cheaper, cooler, more overclockable, lesser power consuming and better than nVidia 8800GT.

You might want to up the CPU to 9450 instead of 9300 to enjoy full 12MB L2 Cache.

Finally, unless the upgrade or purchase is urgent, I think its advisable to sit and wait till december so that Nehalem and Deneb appear, along with cheap DDR3 and 45nm AMD Phenoms. A high end PC *needs* to stay high end for a long time to come. ;-)

Chetz

Humble Prince
Hello Cheetah n others

I have two old laptops which are of no use to me now.
one P2 n other P3
Both are 128 MB ram, 20GB Hard Disk with CD rom and compaq build .
How much will i get for both laptops? Which is the best place to sell??

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Tomorrow is the D-Day for me.
Am praying that GIGABYTE 780G is really 4.5k !!!!!!
Will settle with AMD 4800. Budget that's why. :( !!!!!

navrajyadav

Broken In
suggestion required please help

friends, my bugdet is about 11k. and i want to buy 1 mobo 1 procy and ram.
the choices are
amd 6000+
msi mobo
1 gb kingston ram
or
abit ip-35 e--5400
e7200 5800
1 gb kingston ram 1100 total=12300 slightly more than my budget.

or is any other option is possible??
if yes then tell me.

the basic query is the amd 6000+ and intel e7200 is around same cost then which one is the better option. amd or intel.

is any p45 mobo is in range 5-5.5k

friends give me advice, what should i have to do?

acewin

Point Blanc
guys I see ASUS DVD burners in less than 1300 now. Last time when I waas checking I had found the vendor was sying above 2K that was 2 months back, any ideas.

SenthilAnandh

Lost,But not yet defeated
Hi Guys,

I am currently planning to build one gaming, enough to play all the recent games in decent resolution (1680 * 1050). My total budget is around 40k - 45k INR. Here is my config. Please post your suggestion guys

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Rs8750
Asus P5Q - Pro Rs8400
Transcend DDR 2 800 Mhz - 4 GB Rs3700
Seagate 750 GB (32MB Buffer, SATA 2) Rs6000
Zebronics Vivah (400Wpsu) Rs1450
Palit HD 4850 = Rs13000
Logitech Keyboard and mouse set. Rs600

(All prices are according to Chennai market)

So the total is 42k.
Is this config ok. Do i need extra power supply and cooling. This is my first build, help me out.

spy king

Broken In
Thats what even I said. Keep the P4, add the old celeron's hdd into it.
Then, spend all the money on your computer.

but since the celeron cpu itself is now useless, chuck it.:D

I think I gave you the cheapest possible rig that performs by today's standards. Zotac GF8200 gives you HDMI and full HD video decoding onboard along with decent frame rates in most older games. All this for 3.4K. What more do you want ? Intel will make you shed a lot of cash on the motherboard. If you need intel, you might have to go for E7200, which costs the same as Phenom 8450, but its not as powerful in the long run. (they currently go neck to neck).

hmmm.. seems a decent option..
But the main reason I want to upgrade is that my current rig(p4) is to slow for Photoshop work.. will a basic dual core be better at Photoshop and other design stuff than a pentium 4?? If so what config should I be looking at?

EDIT: this would be along with the Phenom 8450 already suggested.. but ideally I need to fit the two CPU's in 15k.. I know I can't get top of the line stuff.. but want to try and squeeze in as much as possible :)

Thanks

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
hi !

i am planning to go for AMD Phenom tri core 8450 ?? its 2.1 ghz with 3.5mb total cache ! how is it gautham ? what would you recommend , i am getting it for 6.8k ?

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
My friend today called me in the morning and told me he was looking for a small system upgrade, just Processor, Motherboard and RAM in around 10K. I gave him the following config:

1. Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 for 5,400/-
  2. Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L for 3,200/-
  3. Kingston 2x1 GB DDR2 800MHz RAM for 2,300/-
He will buy it from Nehru Place, Delhi next Sunday. Reason for recommending him such Mobo and RAM is that this will leave him with a good amount of headroom for future upgrades as he told me that he wants his system to last for at least 3 years without requiring too much updation. he will use it mainly for simple programming tasks using Visual Studio and Netbeans IDE and occasional movie and casual gaming. I think the Nvidia's 7100 On-board graphics will take care of all of this.
If ther is better option available in the price bracket please do tell me.

navrajyadav

Broken In
navrajyadavsuggestion required please help
friends, my bugdet is about 11k. and i want to buy 1 mobo 1 procy and ram.
the choices are
amd 6000+
msi mobo
1 gb kingston ram
or
abit ip-35 e--5400
e7200 5800
1 gb kingston ram 1100 total=12300 slightly more than my budget.

or is any other option is possible??
if yes then tell me.

the basic query is the amd 6000+ and intel e7200 is around same cost then which one is the better option. amd or intel.

is any p45 mobo is in range 5-5.5k

friends give me advice, what should i have to do?

friends please suggest me what i have to do? i am waiting for reply

Windows Vista Home Premium should be around Rs. 4.5k where as the business may come at around Rs. 5.5k for OEM Packs.

If you buy Windows Vista Business, Microsoft allows you free downgrade to Windows XP Pro too :) *www.chotocheeta.com/2008/07/14/windows-vista-downgrade-rights-to-keep-windows-xp-alive/

Hello,

Can you please let us know the usage of that system ? i would be easy then to suggest as per your need :)

thank you.

the system will be used for gaming ......plzzzzz help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom