Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Help to buy M/B,Pro & G.C combo for my new pc

Sir,
I am assembling a new PC . Please suggest a M/B,PROCESSOR AND GRAPHICS CARD COMBO FOR A STRICT BUDGET OF RS. 13,500.
My requirement for
1)M/B
a) 1 Firewire (MUST)
b)8 channel audio-onboard (MUST)
c) Raid (MUST)
d) PCI-E x 16--1 NO. (MUST)
e)PCI-E x 1 --1 NO.(MUST)
f)PCI slot --2 NO.(MUST)
G)ATX Form Factor(MUST)
h)P-35 Chipset---1333 mhz FSB(MUST)
i) 1-Gig.Eth. port(MUST)
J)1 PATA(MUST)
K)e-SATA---(OPTIONAL)

2) AProcessor ~Rs.4500~5500+TAX
CORE 2 DUO
3)A Graphics card~Rs.3500(max)+TAX
NVIDIA
8500 GT or 8400 GS
SUGGEST ANY OTHER COMBO WHICH YOU THINK GOOD NOT EXCEEDING Rs 13,500.
QS.WHICH IS BETTER? 8400 GS OR 8500 GT?

The strong contenders available now are

For M/B's
1)MSI P35 NEO F--Rs.5500+tax
2)MSI P 35 NEO COMBO F--Rs.5750+tax
3)INTEL DP 35 DPM
4) ABIT IP-35-E--Rs.5500+tax
Also 5)INTEL DG 33 FB-with O/B graphics-Rs.4850+tax

For Processors (INTEL)
1)CORE 2 DUO 2.0 Ghz
2)CORE 2 DUO 2.2 Ghz--5350/-+tax
OR ANY OTHER OF THE SAME SERIES.

For Graphic cards(all + tax)
1)XFX 8500 GT 512 MB DDR2-3250/-
2)PALIT 8500GT 512 MB DDR2-3200/-
3)XFX 8500 GT 256 MB DDR2--rS.3000/-
or even 4)ANY 8400 GS CARDS if found better.
SUGGEST ANY OTHER PRO M/B G.C WHICH YOU MIGHT FIND GOOD AT Rs.13,500
The rest of the config.is
1.SAMSUNG 953 BW--LCD Rs.10K
2.SAMSUNG 22X DVD-W--SH-S223--Rs1200+Tax
3.1 GB KINGSTON/ZION RAM--Rs.1150+tax--WARRANTY????--3 or 1 year????
4.1 ZEBRONICS CABINET--Rs.1500+tax---WARRANTY??? 3 OR 1 year???
5.250 GB WD HDD,16 MB BUFFER--2500+TAX
6MOUSE- OPTICAL-LOGITECH-Rs.350
Gigabyte 780G Motherboard - 4.4K
AMD Phenom X3 8450 - 5.5K (Or even better, wait for the cheaper X4s to come next month)
ATi Radeon HD3450 - 2K

The advantage over intel platform here is that the motherboard has much more expansion slots and features like eSATA which budget intel boards can't give you. Also, three cores of phenom give better overall performance, with better multithreading and support for 64bit virtualisation. Its more future proof. Finally, the onboard HD3200 graphics in combination with an external HD3450 graphics in hybrid crossfire can easily outperform 8500GT and perhaps even match 8600GT. This also ensures that you are able to use 4 monitors.

Chetz

Humble Prince
Hello Cheetah

For office purpose i wanted a printer. I don think scan n copy wont have much use. And it involves printing large documents. .
Which one will be better? DTP or Inkjet or laser?
For Home i want all in one machine. All in one will be better. I sometimes may have printing work (like ms word ,adobe files ) and scanning will be usually pics. Copier will also be handy for me.
So which ones are good and reasonable.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
i want ram hdd mobo proccy and cabi+psu
in mybudget of 15k

i want ram hdd mobo proccy and cabi+psu
in mybudget of 15k
integrated gfx would be preferred as i will add a gfx card 2 months later

Last edited:

sivakeshava

Broken In
Please Help me upgrading..urgent...purchasing this saturday

Hi all masters...mainly CHOTO CHEETA....Please help me
I am planning to upgrade my PC from the current spec
AMD Athlon 2800+
MSI K8M Neo
Hynix 512MB*2 333Mhz
Seagate PATA(80+250)GB
Sony CDRW and DVDR
Samsung SyncMaster 15'
Microsoft Wired Desktop(a simple one)
and Creative SBS 2.0 Speakers

to

Intel Core2Duo E8400
Intel DP35DP motherboard
XFX 8400GS 256MB
SomeRAM 2GB 800Mhz
(Will My two HDs be supported on the new board???Plz help i dunno)
DVDWriteLiteOn(Please Suggest)
A WideScreen LCD 19' (Please suggest...good with touch buttons..Samsung or DELL or others??)
Wireless Keyboard and Mouse(Plz suggest)
Speakers (budget 2000/- Im looking for any 4.1 or good 2.1 speakers)

Is this a good upgrade? Will all of them be available in market (I live in Hyderabad).
I presently have a Mron Potter Cabinet with came with a 500W Power Supply....Will that be sufficient with the added Graphics Card in the New config.?..Plzz Help....I m planning to buy it this weekend

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Chetz said:
For office purpose i wanted a printer. I don think scan n copy wont have much use. And it involves printing large documents. .
Which one will be better? DTP or Inkjet or laser?

Avoid Deskjet / OfficeJet / Inkjet at any cost for office then :lol:,

* You would be ripped off with their cartridge cost !!!
* They are really really slow compare to LaserJet

Think for a LaserJet, I would prefer HP where as do check with pricing at your local store !!! All Models are not stocked by all dealers hence 1st find out which models are available at your place from HP.. HP or Canon where would suggest try and avoid Samsung :)

For Home i want all in one machine. All in one will be better. I sometimes may have printing work (like ms word ,adobe files ) and scanning will be usually pics. Copier will also be handy for me.

in this case you may think of a All in All deskjet / officejet from HP :) once again enquirer which models are available there at your place ??

@Captain Neo

AMD Phenom X3 8450 @ Rs. 5500 /- + VAT
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H @ Rs. 4400 /- + VAT
2 GB (1x2) DDR-II 800 MHz KingStone @ Rs. 1800 /- + VAT
160 GB SATA-II 7200.10 @ Rs. 1650 /- + VAT
Any Local Cabinet with a Zebronics 500 watts @ Rs. 2200 /- + VAT

Total TAX @ 4% VAT Rs. 622 /-
Total Rs. 16172 /-

Where as I would suggest to wait a couple of week, Intel is set to cut price and if it does, AMD would follow for sure :)

@sivakeshava

Intel Core2Duo E8400
Intel DP35DP motherboard <- Replace this with either ABiT IP35-E / ASUS P5K-VM
XFX 8400GS 256MB <- Dont buy (Mobo P5K-VM with X3100 / G33) unless you wish to play game in that case replace with 8600 GT (Mobo ABiT IP35-E)
SomeRAM 2GB 800Mhz <- KingStone should do
(Will My two HDs be supported on the new board???Plz help i dunno) <- Yes :)
DVDWriteLiteOn(Please Suggest) <- Any SATA DVD RW
A WideScreen LCD 19' (Please suggest...good with touch buttons..Samsung or DELL or others??) <- Dell 19" 198wef / LG is there also with their DVI range at 9200/- + VAT where as try view Sonic VX1945wm too
Wireless Keyboard and Mouse(Plz suggest) <- Dont buy I would say :lol: too much battery cost :lol:
Speakers (budget 2000/- Im looking for any 4.1 or good 2.1 speakers) <- Either 2.1 or 5.1, dont buy 4.1, in case of 5.1, Creative Inspire T6060 is the model which I would suggest :)

I presently have a Mron Potter Cabinet with came with a 500W Power Supply....Will that be sufficient with the added Graphics Card in the New config.?..Plzz Help....I m planning to buy it this weekend

I doubt, may not, btw, how mcuh did u pay for the 500W PSU ??

Last edited:

sivakeshava

Broken In
I got this Mron Potter cabinet a couple of months back ... Its for just 1500bucks but a decent 500w PSU. I saw this rating on the smps when i opened the cabinet!!
BTW i don't understand what u say bout graphics card...i tell 8400GS and u say X3000!!

Intel DP35DP motherboard <- Replace this with either ABiT IP35-E / ASUS P5K-VM
XFX 8400GS 256MB <- Dont buy (Mobo P5K-VM with X3100 / G33) unless you wish to play game in that case replace with 8600 GT (Mobo ABiT IP35-E)

Why? Is there any reason ... Isee the specs are good for the Intel DP35DP than the Abit one... Can you guide me here....!!

Last edited:
I got this Mron Potter cabinet a couple of months back ... Its for just 1500bucks but a decent 500w PSU. I saw this rating on the smps when i opened the cabinet!!
BTW i don't understand what u say bout graphics card...i tell 8400GS and u say X3000!!

Why? Is there any reason ... Isee the specs are good for the Intel DP35DP than the Abit one... Can you guide me here....!!
its the reverse. you seem to have a misunderstanding of his statement.

He said get only ABit IP35-E and don't get 8400GS, get Palit 8600GT instead.

sivakeshava

Broken In
I just found a link for my cabinet ....Amazing.....its here
*www.mroninternational.com/potter.htm

And the thing is that it comes bundled with a 550w PSU...and runs fine...no need to purchase a separate PSU....and it costed me a mere 1.5k.

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@sivakeshava

For gaming 8400 would s*ck big time, where as if no gaming then it is more profitable to buy P5K-VM which comes with x3100

where as already been said here, if considering gaming think for 8600 GT

ABiT would come with unlocked BIOS and as for performance, unlocked boards seems to provider better compare with locked ones of Intel with Core 2 platform...

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
guys how are AOC monitors ??
Today a dealer was hellbent on selling me an AOC.
Romeo and Juliet Models. LOL !
Contrast Ratio 3000:1. Certainly this is DCR. And brightness of 300.

sivakeshava

Broken In
Hey Choto...!
Thanks man for your valuable advice but im sorry that i didn't mention my interest.
See I am a developer but am interested in games for their physics logic and graphics...So I would like to play games like PrinceOP 3...Oblivion etc which I see in reviews are doing quite normal even at 1024*768.... Thats enough for me...I don't want a highend gaming rig and for that matter a normal.....I just need to play smoothly and main thing is that its fully compatible with direct x10 where as GMA X3100 or wateva is not . Thats the main reason im preferring that card...I a real worth for money.... I too had an integrated graphics card in mind but though that if i shed some 1k bucks more i would really go away with all kinda stuff including all the latest games.....
Does this make sense Choto....If not even then suggest something...I really love to hear from you...! Thanks

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
See I am a developer but am interested in games for their physics logic and graphics...So I would like to play games like PrinceOP 3...Oblivion etc which I see in reviews are doing quite normal even at 1024*768.... Thats enough for me...I don't want a highend gaming rig and for that matter a normal.....I just need to play smoothly and main thing is that its fully compatible with direct x10 where as GMA X3100 or wateva is not . Thats the main reason im preferring that card...I a real worth for money....

Why would you be then buying DP35 when you plan to have a dedicated card, the onboard VGA would be a waste which comes with such board...

X3100 / X3000 are not that bad when it comes to gaming... I have both these and fact is yeah though 8400 is bit better with its dedicated memory where as in case of gaming both s*cks :lol:

I too had an integrated graphics card in mind but though that if i shed some 1k bucks more i would really go away with all kinda stuff including all the latest games.....
Does this make sense Choto....

Your reason wont be satisfied with 8400... if u can afford go for 8600 GT which is around 4.2k for XFX and other brands can be found at around 3.5k :)

if the budget is a concern then opt for x3100 based boards such as ASUS P5K-VM :) which is around Rs. 5k, stay onboard till you add some funds and then go for 8600 GT

Do not mind brother, one comment is valid for all of us...

When you see a game in real performance, you are bond to get addicted with its graphics and when you try you r hands in with 8400 GS u would regret the buying decision !!! Todays games a stunning where to have a little share of fun, eye for 8600 GT :) where as for yesterdays games, both x3100 / 8400 would do just fine :)

Both these 8400 / x3100 are meant to drive Vista with its full glory not for gaming I would say :)

manishjha18

In the zone
what if i change my current intel e4600 and palit n73pv mobo(NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i) with
AMD Athlon X2 4800+ and Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H or MSI K9AGM V2 / MSI K9AGM-FD (AMD 780G)---would i get better performance- and better rating in vista and yes among all mobo which one is best and 2 nd best--please do reply--my dealer may change my system for amd for a small price-
should i go for amd setup or stick to my intel setup

thanks gautam for your reply

sivakeshava

Broken In
Why would you be then buying DP35 when you plan to have a dedicated card, the onboard VGA would be a waste which comes with such board...

X3100 / X3000 are not that bad when it comes to gaming... I have both these and fact is yeah though 8400 is bit better with its dedicated memory where as in case of gaming both s*cks :lol:

Your reason wont be satisfied with 8400... if u can afford go for 8600 GT which is around 4.2k for XFX and other brands can be found at around 3.5k :)

if the budget is a concern then opt for x3100 based boards such as ASUS P5K-VM :) which is around Rs. 5k, stay onboard till you add some funds and then go for 8600 GT

Do not mind brother, one comment is valid for all of us...

When you see a game in real performance, you are bond to get addicted with its graphics and when you try you r hands in with 8400 GS u would regret the buying decision !!! Todays games a stunning where to have a little share of fun, eye for 8600 GT :) where as for yesterdays games, both x3100 / 8400 would do just fine :)

Both these 8400 / x3100 are meant to drive Vista with its full glory not for gaming I would say :)
Well, thank you for your post and I respect your views. But I would like to pointout my incomplete post. I was saying
"Oblivion etc which I see in reviews are doing quite normal even at 1024*768 with the 8400GS 256MB card!!!"
this card will come for around 1.8k in hyderabad and that GT costs around 3.4k or so.
I think i ll go with a MSI P35 Neo Combo for 5.6k or a MSI P45 Neo F.
Otherwise as you have said....If I have to drop the idea of taking a graphics card then I need to look into boards like Abit Fatal1ty F-I90HD which has a good ATI graphics integration..!! I hope that I at last will end up buying some good stuff tomorrow in CTC(Chenoy Trade Center)...,...Everything depends on availability in the market....
...One more thing....Im still confused with the PSU....I somehow already have a 550W PSU which came bundled with my Mron Potter cabinet..and I see many purchase a PSU itself for 2k but my Cabinet bundle costed me only 1.5k and still works decent....I don't know the logic behind this..!!
After seeing the ratings .... m now plan to take a E8500 rather tahn E8400 as they say it costs around 8.7k here in Hyderabad. ANyways tomorrow is the last day for choice...!

what if i change my current intel e4600 and palit n73pv mobo(NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i) with
AMD Athlon X2 4800+ and Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H or MSI K9AGM V2 / MSI K9AGM-FD (AMD 780G)---would i get better performance- and better rating in vista and yes among all mobo which one is best and 2 nd best--please do reply--my dealer may change my system for amd for a small price-
should i go for amd setup or stick to my intel setup

thanks gautam for your reply
I think you should stick to the intel setup or try upgrade to intel itself....as AMD is not worth it these days.. Intel is f****ing damn good these days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom