Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to assemble a new PC for general everyday use.
I'm deciding between

Intel Pentium E2160
Intel DG31PR mobo

and

AMD Athlon X2 4000+
Asus M2A-VM mobo

If I go with Intel I get a better processor but worse mobo. With AMD I get a worse processor but a better mobo.

I have no need to overclock so only consider stock performance. I'm leaning towards the AMD combo because it has 4 slots for the RAM and better onboard graphics.

Please give me the prices of all the components in Mumbai and suggest which would be a better buy (or give a better alternative).
jetway 692G + AMD 4000 + 2 x 512 mb dual channel + no graphics card as 1250 is onboard = 2.5 + 2.7 + 0.8 + 0 = 6k

thats the best performance you can get for standard use. the mobo has 1250 onboard, supports dual channel 800mhz, and the proccy is equal to 2160 when used at stock speed and that mobo has 8.2/10 review rating with 8.3/10 score in potential to OC, if you need to in near future. But intel is best for OC. as you don't want to OC, I recomend you my setup.

shaan4u

Right off the assembly line
I need d Price list of Computer's for the Hyderabad City .................................... Can anyone provide me

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
jetway 692G + AMD 4000 + 2 x 512 mb dual channel + no graphics card as 1250 is onboard = 2.5 + 2.7 + 0.8 + 0 = 6k

thats the best performance you can get for standard use. the mobo has 1250 onboard, supports dual channel 800mhz, and the proccy is equal to 2160 when used at stock speed and that mobo has 8.2/10 review rating with 8.3/10 score in potential to OC, if you need to in near future. But intel is best for OC. as you don't want to OC, I recomend you my setup.
Thanks but I'm going to stick to mobo's from Intel, Asus or MSI only. Can you give me the price for only these parts

Intel Pentium E2160
Intel DG31PR mobo
AMD Athlon X2 4000+
Asus M2A-VM mobo

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Can someone tell me if P5W DH Deluxe is available in Kolkata or not...

Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi
Asus P5N32E-SLI
Asus P5B-E
Asus P5E3

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Sorry for the late reply, I was busy the whole day migrating data of all my hard disks to the new 160 GB hard disk. In the last 2 years my 40 GB external HD is empty for the first time. :D.

hey gx...congrats on purchase of ur new pc..
btw would you mind posting some benchmark results..preferrably wheatstone & dhrystone performance?

Thanx, I m out of touch from the benchmarking stuff, can you tell me how to do the above mentioned benchmark? The only benchmark I got with me right now is Cinebench (As this is the only benchmark I understand *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/10.gif) or Photoshop Filter tests.

The system is really fast & responsive with Vista SP1. Although I am using Onboard Intel GMA X3100 but other then 3ds Max nothing else is slow here. Even 720p HD videos play fine.

How much did you get E6550 and DG31PR for?

Rs 11, 200.

Seems that vendors in lucknow are quite co-operative

Lolz...they are the least co-operative. The vendor is my friend, he opened his shop & sales stuff on our recommendation only & I always buy stuff from him only so he gives me & my friends the best deal possible cos he knows that if he is loosing Rs 1k in my case, then he will earn 10k from the people to whome i recommend his shop....

It's just business.

BTW gx u shd hav gotten a e8200

Nah, I don't need it & neither I had the money to buy it. E6550 is good enough for next 4 years easily. I will upgrade the Memory to 4 GB (maximum supported in my motherboard) with 2 X 2 GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM from Kingston later in about 1 or 1.5 years when prices come down. 32 bit Vista cannot use 4 GB RAM properly, but 32bit Vista + SP1 slipstreamed can see as well as use 4 GB RAM properly. I did not even need to re-activate Windows, it worked fine automatically.

The OS & Applications are now configured properly. I won't be writing a review as review of similar configs are available already everywhere.

The SMPS is a generic 500W SMPS which is doing it's work for now, I will be buying a branded SMPS next month along with Graphics card & LCD Monitor.

My Windows experience index is 3.3 :D, due to the weakest link being the graphics card

*img171.imageshack.us/img171/6590/eioh1.jpg

What should be the temprature like? I tried everest to see the temprature but I don't know whether it is showing properly or now cos it shows Aux temprature as 124C, now one thing I know...my room is not at 124 C *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/24.gif. These temprature were taken 5 mins after a Cinebench test.

*img402.imageshack.us/img402/2492/tempratureiz4.jpg

Something good I like in this CPU is on demand clock speed reduction. Just like AMD Cool & Quite, Intel EIST decreces the clock speed to 1,200 MHz when system is under less stress. I am using the stock Intel Fan which I did not expect to be this small, seems like it is made by cooler master OEM.

I m trying to learn RMClock utility to configure the system. What should I do to properly benchmark?

Here are some pics of the CPU, it;s not worth showing righ now as the motherboard is almost empty *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/10.gif

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2263/2309998529_e83a9775af.jpg

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3172/2309997819_a1d3e21884.jpg

axxo

99.9% Idle
Thanx, I m out of touch from the benchmarking stuff, can you tell me how to do the above mentioned benchmark? The only benchmark I got with me right now is Cinebench (As this is the only benchmark I understand *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/10.gif) or Photoshop Filter tests.

The system is really fast & responsive with Vista SP1. Although I am using Onboard Intel GMA X3100 but other then 3ds Max nothing else is slow here. Even 720p HD videos play fine.

My Windows experience index is 3.3 :D, due to the weakest link being the graphics card

*img171.imageshack.us/img171/6590/eioh1.jpg

are you sure processor rating is 5.1??

bcoz am getting 5.7 for my overclocked E2160

*i26.tinypic.com/142va8o.jpg

you can also try running benchmark in pc wizard 2008 for other benchmarks

& what is that cabinet model dude..looks simple & cool

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Yup, that's what u see. Maybe I need to upgrade teh BIOS, it is running on BIOS 032 while latest is 042

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I just updated the BIOS to latest one from Intel, 0042 along with all new drivers downloaded from Intel Support center, this is my WEI score as shown now...

*img292.imageshack.us/img292/268/eitg5.jpg

Thanks but I'm going to stick to mobo's from Intel, Asus or MSI only. Can you give me the price for only these parts

Intel Pentium E2160
Intel DG31PR mobo
AMD Athlon X2 4000+
Asus M2A-VM mobo
jetway is better and cheaper
*www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Asus_M2A-VM/551-84949-636-9.html
*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/user_review.jsp?review_id=785

4000+ = 2.7k
2160 = 2.7k
m2a asus = 3k
m2a jetway = 2.5k

Ankit

Journeyman
Lolz...they are the least co-operative. The vendor is my friend, he opened his shop & sales stuff on our recommendation only & I always buy stuff from him only so he gives me & my friends the best deal possible cos he knows that if he is loosing Rs 1k in my case, then he will earn 10k from the people to whome i recommend his shop....

Lucky to have such friends... Can you still forward the name/address

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
@gx , dont u think a 13.74v for 12 volt is too high ?
what's that aux sensor ? watever it is , i think its gone kaput.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Either the sensor is kaput, or the software is reading wrong. I don't trust these readings.

Aux is room temprature.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
jetway is better and cheaper
*www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Asus_M2A-VM/551-84949-636-9.html
*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/user_review.jsp?review_id=785

4000+ = 2.7k
2160 = 2.7k
m2a asus = 3k
m2a jetway = 2.5k
Thanks for your help. Are you sure Jetway is a good brand?

I don't want to regret not buying Asus just to save 500 bucks.

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Can someone tell me if P5W DH Deluxe is available in Kolkata or not...

Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi
Asus P5N32E-SLI
Asus P5B-E
Asus P5E3

available but you may have to pay extra cash for some thing which isnt very populer :lol: anyway whats your need ?? I mean these boards have different purpose so whats the need ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom