Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
IP35E + E8200 combo will cost me 3.5k over DG31 + E6550. So I'll make the decision on spot tom :)

Samsung OEM Drives don't haf the octo-edge stickers on them.

All branded DVD writable media are Rs.15 (or at the most Rs.20). Unless you buy like 1000 of them there won't be much difference in price.
just 3.5K extra and it will last for an year or two longer. Its worth it.

and DVD media are Rs. 15 ? The reason I asked was because a friend of mine works at Amkette bangalore factory and can get media at Rs. 10(DVD). Is it worth it ?

Palit n73v @ gautham.
Isn't n73 a mobile phone ?:confused:

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Yeah, will most prolly settle for IP35-E. Thanks for th feedback on Samsung writer :)

@Metalhead
Never used Amkette so no idea about the reliability.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^ Make sure you stay away from E4xxx & E2xx series CPU as they do not support VT.

I am also buying my new computer tomorrow....we are gonna have same birthday for our computers :D

psmontte

Broken In
P5GC-MX for ~2.5k
get DG31 OEM

Can this be overclocked? And how good is the performance?

I think at this price only JETWAY boards are only good.

The writer is AWESOME! I have it. You'll get the SH-S203D model for about 1100-1200 bucks :)

Recent winner digit.

IP35E + E8200 combo will cost me 3.5k over DG31 + E6550. So I'll make the decision on spot tom :)

Samsung OEM Drives don't haf the octo-edge stickers on them.

All branded DVD writable media are Rs.15 (or at the most Rs.20). Unless you buy like 1000 of them there won't be much difference in price.

Are you getting this from Chd.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Thats expensive man! the -E version is lighter on the wallet. However there is no SATA - achi/ide setting in bios in the E version. But apparently there are workarounds for this.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
I need to buy a printer ( i have a 5.0 megapixel cannon digicam) and would want to go in for a mid range photo printer. After some research I get the feeling that Epson is good in terms of photo quality. But how is the support and availibility of cartridge/ink color ? Also anythink i should look for in a photo printer. Will check gamut and color range .. but anyother speceific things i should look ? Price budget (under 4 - 4.5 k )
Edit : Will buy the Epson R380 or Canon iP4300

Last edited:

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
At last I decided to upgrade my system. Its an old system with Celeron 1GHz Processor and 256MB RAM. Now I want something latest. Something which can be upgraded later. I will use this system basically for experimenting virtualization on Linux(Ubuntu) platform. My budget is Rs. 7500(+/- 1000).

Here is what I want...

Intel C2D Processor + Motherboard
1GB RAM (will add more later)
Cabinet
[DVD writer (optional)]

And what I already have.

One 80 GB HDD (ATA)
one 40 GB HDD (ATA)
(I want to use both so the mobo must have two IDE connectors)

DVD-ROM
CD-RW
KB+Mouse
15" CRT Monitor
APC ES-500 UPS

Please suggest me the best possible configuration. (Here is a possible configuration.)

Thanks in advance.

Subrata Bera.

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
both hdd's + dvdrom(i guess its not sata) = not possible u'll need 3 IDE connectors.

xfx 630i - 3.5k
try to manage a c2d e4300 . . .cant go less than this. . u'll have to get a amd .

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Got the components today.

Core2Duo E8200 - 7.3k
DG33 - 4.6k
1GB x 2 DDR2 800= 2k
BIG 8500GT 256MB = 2.75k
20x SATA Samsung SH-203b/d = 1.1k
Viewsonic va1926w DVI = 8.6k

The market suddenly has shortage of E6550 (or is it a tactic to push E8200?) Coz everywhere I asked they mentioned shortage of E6550.

And in just 2 dayz the price of IP35-E has shot up from 5k to 6k!!! I can't believe it.. every single dealer!

Viewsonic Va1912wb is outta market too :( Nowhere I could get the above mentioned components... Anyways I'm not planning to overclock this system as it'll mosty be used by my family for general purpose computing.

@subrata
you won't find 2 ide connectors in any modern mobo today. Best is to ditch the ide optical drive and get a sata one.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ with some pics of the printer,ease of use,pic quality,etc.price of cartridges,etc.

coming to the topic-
@ infra both that Abit IP35 and 6550 are in shortage almost everywhere.did u check lynx in chd?

raj_v1982

Broken In
Here is my new finalised system configuration

Core 2 Quad 2.4, 1066mhz 2mb*4 cache memory - 10,500
Intel Original D33FBC motherboard - 4,800
2 gb ddr2 800 mhz Ram - 2,050
250 gb segate hardish sata - 2,600
Wireless keyboard+mouse - 1,300
Lg dvd writter - 1,200
Mercury atx cabinet - 1,100
17 inch tft monitor LG - 8,600
XFX 8500 gt 256mb - 3,200